What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

You should probably google "Dr. Steven J. Hatfill" and what Mueller did to him.
I looked him up. What did Mueller personally do to him?

He was charged with anthrax attacks and was fully exonerated. He got a significant settlement for privacy rights violations. The 5min search mentions John Ashcroft and although it might mention Mueller, as he was in charge of the FBI at the time, I didn't see his name as I skimmed.

Just googled the exact term you told me to. Did you? I doubt it. If you want to see the sorts of texts that I think are a problem, your suggested google search works perfectly.

C'mon man. This was literally the first result.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fbi...licy-text-referred-to-russia-probe-1513624580

'Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page complained about many people besides Mr. Trump in the 375 text messages released by the Justice Department. Among those who drew barbs were Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), former Attorney General Eric Holder, Chelsea Clinton and Mr. Sessions himself.'

The underlined section is a link with more detail.

C'mon man. This was literally the first result.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fbi...licy-text-referred-to-russia-probe-1513624580

'Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page complained about many people besides Mr. Trump in the 375 text messages released by the Justice Department. Among those who drew barbs were Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), former Attorney General Eric Holder, Chelsea Clinton and Mr. Sessions himself.'

The underlined section is a link with more detail.
I was able to see the beginning of that article, which started out with the sort of info I had referred to, followed by a link that said if I wanted to see more I would need to subscribe.

Donald’s campaign manager is in jail.

Donald’s personal lawyer is about to flip.

I dunno about you but this nothing burger sure is tasty!!!

The libs are salivating because we're on the verge of Trump's collapse... again. Ho hum. Feels like Groundhog Day.

Seems like conserves should be salivating because we are on the verge of trumps collapse too. Unless conserves like unqualified, inexperienced, low class, idiotic, embarrassing, morons to be running our country I guess.

Yeah, it's really way more simple than Trump is an agent of the Russians. He's really just a reality TV star who gained fame as a real estate mogul who has vastly underperformed the real estate market over the course of his real estate career. Had he placed his money in a 401k in 1977 he'd have more than twice the money he has now. Let's not make this whole Trump thing to be more than it is. The United States general public elected a reality TV personality to be our President. That's what we're looking at. That's what we're seeing. Reality TV USA President edition.

Regarding our reality TV President, sure, agreed. I don't know if it was genius on his part, or just instinct, just success in the formula and knowing how to apply it to a presidential race, all of the above, I've made this point repeatedly in these threads. It's a basic truth of his presidency, just as his alternative reality is a basic tool in creating a cult like atmosphere over his core followers. A reality tv figure and a cult of personality. Wonderful. It's dangerous precisely because it's a template for future races if it worked so well this time. Check out this from the Washington Post, on last Tuesday's primaries:

"In Nevada, brothel owner Dennis Hof, the star of a TV show about prostitution and the author of “The Art of the Pimp,” blew past a Republican incumbent to win the nomination for a seat in the state legislature. In an interview, Hof said that Trump “blazed the trail” for him.

“He gave me the confidence that I could do this — I could be a reality TV star, an author and a brothel owner and then be elected to serve,” said Hof."

I'd like to think we're better then this, but I might be kidding myself.

But I would not eliminate the Russian connection at this point. My point was that it is not irrational to wonder why he basically helps Putin's aim of weakening the Western alliance. I don't blame anyone for wanting an answer to his public fealty to Putin, while spurning our European allies. Of course, I should think one has to wonder. This guy has promoted Putin's aims so well, I would not blame anybody for wondering the worst.

But put aside the extreme case of an actual agent.

Just focus on all the Russian connections among his campaign staff. So far, Mueller has not charged Manafort with anything to do with collusion with Russia during the election, but he was charged to look into Manafort for that very possibility:

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17176076/mueller-trump-russia-manafort

It's not unusual to use smaller fish in the food chain to get higher ups. Manafort now faces 25 charges, and has seen more focus then any other Trump campaign aide. I don't know exactly why. I'm just guessing like almost anyone else willing to speculate. And I am willing to speculate. And man does Manafort have tight connections in the Ukraine and Russia. Why is Mueller so focused on Manafort, yet so far not bringing forth any charges related to collusion with Russia in the 2016 election? Maybe Manafort's extended stay in prison will provide answers.

Russia is a gangsta state as far as I can see. The intelligence services, the Russian mob, the oligarchs, and Putin are a pretty tight group. It's a criminal enterprise as much as a nation state. I think there is more involved then just a reality tv star demagogue. I'm guessing Mueller thinks as much by now as well. Even "banished" Bannon opined long ago it would be the money trail that Mueller would focus on. And I will certainly still give credence to the Steele Dossier and to reports like this from a year ago, in The New Republic:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143...ses-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

This serial liar has said "no collusion" more then any other phrase in his alternative reality universe. That makes it almost a given that there is collusion. Yeah, it's a reality tv show, the top rated reality tv series yet. Every day. Exactly what Trump wants, and his ego can't live without. But I have no reason to fear my mind is rotting, @Joe Bagadonuts charge against me, no reason at all. I don't even take to Rachel Madow, lol. And I have no problem speculating based on all I seen, heard, and read. We'll see, but methinks Russian connections of an unsavory flavor will be part of #45's legacy.

Last edited:
Regarding our reality TV President, sure, agreed. I don't know if it was genius on his part, or just instinct, just success in the formula and knowing how to apply it to a presidential race, all of the above, I've made this point repeatedly in these threads. It's a basic truth of his presidency, just as his alternative reality is a basic tool in creating a cult like atmosphere over his core followers. A reality tv figure and a cult of personality. Wonderful. It's dangerous precisely because it's a template for future races if it worked so well this time. Check out this from the Washington Post, on last Tuesday's primaries:

"In Nevada, brothel owner Dennis Hof, the star of a TV show about prostitution and the author of “The Art of the Pimp,” blew past a Republican incumbent to win the nomination for a seat in the state legislature. In an interview, Hof said that Trump “blazed the trail” for him.

“He gave me the confidence that I could do this — I could be a reality TV star, an author and a brothel owner and then be elected to serve,” said Hof."

I'd like to think we're better then this, but I might be kidding myself.

But I would not eliminate the Russian connection at this point. My point was that it is not irrational to wonder why he basically helps Putin's aim of weakening the Western alliance. I don't blame anyone for wanting an answer to his public fealty to Putin, while spurning our European allies. Of course, I should think one has to wonder. This guy has promoted Putin's aims so well, I would not blame anybody for wondering the worst.

But put aside the extreme case of an actual agent.

Just focus on all the Russian connections among his campaign staff. So far, Mueller has not charged Manafort with anything to do with collusion with Russia during the election, but he was charged to look into Manafort for that very possibility:

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17176076/mueller-trump-russia-manafort

It's not unusual to use smaller fish in the food chain to get higher ups. Manafort now faces 25 charges, and has seen more focus then any other Trump campaign aide. I don't know exactly why. I'm just guessing like almost anyone else willing to speculate. And I am willing to speculate. And man does Manafort have tight connections in the Ukraine and Russia. Why is Mueller so focused on Manafort, yet so far not bringing forth any charges related to collusion with Russia in the 2016 election? Maybe Manafort's extended stay in prison will provide answers.

Russia is a gangsta state as far as I can see. The intelligence services, the Russian mob, the oligarchs, and Putin are a pretty tight group. It's a criminal enterprise as much as a nation state. I think there is more involved then just a reality tv star demagogue. I'm guessing Mueller thinks as much by now as well. Even "banished" Bannon opined long ago it would be the money trail that Mueller would focus on. And I will certainly still give credence to the Steele Dossier and to reports like this from a year ago, in The New Republic:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143...ses-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

This serial liar has said "no collusion" more then any other phrase in his alternative reality universe. That makes it almost a given that there is collusion. Yeah, it's a reality tv show, the top rated reality tv series yet. Every day. Exactly what Trump wants, and his ego can't live without. But I have no reason to fear my mind is rotting, @Joe Bagadonuts charge against me, no reason at all. I don't even take to Rachel Madow, lol. And I have no problem speculating based on all I seen, heard, and read. We'll see, but methinks Russian connections of an unsavory flavor will be part of #45's legacy.

Well said Red

The question I keep coming back to is who benefits from all this chaos?
And the answer keeps coming back Russia and China.

Since WWII the U.S. has been the leader of the Western industrialized countries. We have built alliances, made sacrifices to bolster those alliances, and advocated for the prioritization of principles over profit. From the Marshall Plan, to the U.N., to NATO, to our trade policies and foreign aid. Our President seems to never miss an opportunity to undermine our long standing policies and alliances. Who benefits? those outside of the existing power structure. I have been reluctant to believe President Trump is a Russian plant, but I can't ignore the effects of insulting our allies at every opportunity, aggrandizing and normalizing the totalitarians and despots, and creating chaos in the world order that has served American interests well for 3/4 of a century.

There was an Afghanistan War U.S. Army Vet, Dan Helmer, running for congress here in Virginia. He lost, but he had a commercial where he called President Trump "the greatest threat to our democracy." When it first ran I thought, BS, that is too far over the top. It may not have been the best political strategy, but I have to wonder if he wasn't accurate.

The left wing hate machine is truly powerful. I cannot imagine how Trump can withstand this hurricane, yet he somehow seems to thrive on the chaos. Bizarre to witness.

Trump proves on a daily basis that he’s the “useful idiot” that they’ve wanted for decades. You don’t need a Manchurian Candidate when you essentially get the same results from a Useful Idiot.

To put that tweet in context, he was responding to this from the IG report:

"Other instant messages showed FBI employees referring to Trump as “Drumpf,” calling Trump supporters “retarded” and “lazy POS,” writing “screw you trump” and “**** trump,” joking about Trump’s election signaling the fall of the Republic, and writing “Viva le resistance.”

Well said Red

The question I keep coming back to is who benefits from all this chaos?
And the answer keeps coming back Russia and China.

Since WWII the U.S. has been the leader of the Western industrialized countries. We have built alliances, made sacrifices to bolster those alliances, and advocated for the prioritization of principles over profit. From the Marshall Plan, to the U.N., to NATO, to our trade policies and foreign aid. Our President seems to never miss an opportunity to undermine our long standing policies and alliances. Who benefits? those outside of the existing power structure. I have been reluctant to believe President Trump is a Russian plant, but I can't ignore the effects of insulting our allies at every opportunity, aggrandizing and normalizing the totalitarians and despots, and creating chaos in the world order that has served American interests well for 3/4 of a century.

There was an Afghanistan War U.S. Army Vet, Dan Helmer, running for congress here in Virginia. He lost, but he had a commercial where he called President Trump "the greatest threat to our democracy." When it first ran I thought, BS, that is too far over the top. It may not have been the best political strategy, but I have to wonder if he wasn't accurate.

There is an article explaining Trump's foreign policy, recently written by editor Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic, and appearing in that periodical. It's entitled "A Senior White House Official Defines the Trump Doctrine: 'We're America, B***h'". This article has been cited and summarized by many sources in both print and broadcast media since it was published on June 11th. In a way, it's really a self evident description for anyone who has followed Trump's words and actions toward the world beyond our borders.

Unfortunetly, I cannot leave a direct link to this article, as the last few sentences include a profanity that would not be permitted. Of the many summaries of the article, the one at this link X's out those profanities. This link also allows one to find that original short article, or one can google it, which is well worth a read in understanding Trump's foreign policy. Here is the summary link, but below that I am going to include excerpts from Goldberg's piece, since none of the summaries include everything Goldberg learned. The very last paragraph from the Goldberg article, the last paragraph in this comment, is something I agree with. Since I therefore believe this president is very much acting against the interests of the country I love, why anyone would conclude that my opposition to this man is nothing but "left wing hate" is absolutely beyond me. How could I possibly not speak out against a president who is acting against the best interests of my country and undermining the Western alliance?

The profanity-free summary article, followed by excerpts from Goldberg's original piece:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...-foreign-doctrine-america-20180611-story.html

"Over the past couple of months, I’ve asked a number of people close to the president to provide me with short descriptions of what might constitute the Trump Doctrine. I’ve been trying, as part of a larger project, to understand the revolutionary nature of Trump’s approach to world affairs. This task became even more interesting over the weekend, when Trump made his most ambitious move yet to dismantle the U.S.-led Western alliance....

Trumpian chaos is, in fact, undergirded by a comprehensible worldview, a number of experts have insisted. The Brookings Institution scholar (and frequent Atlantic contributor) Thomas Wright argued in a January 2016 essay that Trump’s views are both discernible and explicable. Wright, who published his analysis at a time when most everyone in the foreign-policy establishment considered Trump’s candidacy to be a farce, wrote that Trump loathes the liberal international order and would work against it as president; he wrote that Trump also dislikes America’s military alliances, and would work against them; he argued that Trump believes in his bones that the global economy is unfair to the U.S.; and, finally, he wrote that Trump has an innate sympathy for “authoritarian strongmen.”

Wright was prophetic. Trump’s actions these past weeks, and my conversations with administration officials and friends and associates of Trump, suggest that the president will be acting on his beliefs in a more urgent, and focused, way than he did in the first year of his presidency, and that the pace of potentially cataclysmic disruption will quicken in the coming days. And so, understanding Trump’s foreign-policy doctrine is more urgent than ever.

The third-best encapsulation of the Trump Doctrine, as outlined by a senior administration official over lunch a few weeks ago, is this: “No Friends, No Enemies.”.........Trump, this official said, doesn’t believe that the U.S. should be part of any alliance at all. “We have to explain to him that countries that have worked with us together in the past expect a level of loyalty from us, but he doesn’t believe that this should factor into the equation,” the official said.

The second-best self-description of the Trump Doctrine I heard was this, from a senior national-security official: “Permanent destabilization creates American advantage.” The official who described this to me said Trump believes that keeping allies and adversaries alike perpetually off-balance necessarily benefits the United States, which is still the most powerful country on Earth. When I noted that America’s adversaries seem far less destabilized by Trump than do America’s allies, this official argued for strategic patience. “They’ll see over time that it doesn’t pay to argue with us.”

The best distillation of the Trump Doctrine I heard, though, came from a senior White House official with direct access to the president and his thinking. I was talking to this person several weeks ago, and I said, by way of introduction, that I thought it might perhaps be too early to discern a definitive Trump Doctrine.

“No,” the official said. “There’s definitely a Trump Doctrine.”

“What is it?” I asked. Here is the answer I received:

“The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, B***h.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

It struck me almost immediately that this was the most acute, and attitudinally honest, description of the manner in which members of Trump’s team, and Trump himself, understand their role in the world.

I asked this official to explain the idea. “Obama apologized to everyone for everything. He felt bad about everything.” President Trump, this official said, “doesn’t feel like he has to apologize for anything America does.”

“We’re America, B***h” is not only a characterologically accurate collective self-appraisal—the gangster fronting, the casual misogyny, the insupportable confidence—but it is also perfectly Rorschachian. To Trump’s followers, “We’re America, B***h” could be understood as a middle finger directed at a cold and unfair world, one that no longer respects American power and privilege. To much of the world, however, and certainly to most practitioners of foreign and national-security policy, “We’re America, B***h"would be understood as self-isolating, and self-sabotaging.

But what is mainly interesting about “We’re America, B***h” is its delusional quality. Donald Trump is pursuing policies that undermine the Western alliance, empower Russia and China, and demoralize freedom-seeking people around the world. The United States could be made weaker—perhaps permanently—by the implementation of the Trump Doctrine.

To put that tweet in context, he was responding to this from the IG report:

"Other instant messages showed FBI employees referring to Trump as “Drumpf,” calling Trump supporters “retarded” and “lazy POS,” writing “screw you trump” and “**** trump,” joking about Trump’s election signaling the fall of the Republic, and writing “Viva le resistance.”

Which I would agree with all of those texts. His base is retarded, either intellectually or emotionally.

Here is a guy who actually salutes a high ranking North Korean officer, photographed for use as NK propaganda. Here is a guy who refers to joint military exercises of SK and the US as "provocative" and "war games", the very words used to describe those excercises by China, Russia, and North Korea. He calls our free press, the fourth estate, "the enemy of the people", a common tactic of all authoritarians who naturally fear a free press. But who is really acting as the enemy of America more? Our free press, or the President himself? I've made no secret what my answer would be. Yet this is all described as being part and parcel of a "left wing hate machine". I rather see it as the position of truth seeking patriotic Americans. Of which I am very much one, if I do have to say so myself. I've no doubt my right wing friends love this country. I have such friends. I am even married to one. But they need to understand they themselves are enveloped by Trump's own compliant press, like Fox News, and their star apologist Hannity. This is not my fault. I can't get through to them. The propaganda machine, in full support in promoting the president's alternative reality narrative, has too tight a grip on their minds and their emotions. It's up to them to realize the tragic mistake they are making.

Turn off MSNBC. It's rotting your brain. It's amazing that people can understand that if they eat crap food 24/7 the results won't be good, but then they feed their brain poison and believe they are accomplishing something positive.

Just so you know, I never had any intention to let this slip. So, if you would, listen good. You're like my fallen right wing brother, and I feel for you, but I don't have to take that. I could just say you're ingesting far too much of Hannity inspired madness, and flip it on its head, but I'll give you a more deliberate reply then you deserve after that piece of your mind...

Yeah, a lot of Americans agree with what Trump is doing. Flipping off the Western alliance, stick it to anyone and everyone, forgive an American leader for cozying up to the most brutal dictators on Earth. Yep, they approve. That's why they're not making decisions for the future of our nation. Unfortunetly, one of their ilk is. Meantime, those with eyes to see can continue to sound off about how they feel about it all. That's to be expected, and more expected then expecting those appalled by the results of Nov. 2016, to just say, "eh, 8 years at the most, no biggie" or even the "required" "OK, the people have spoken". That was never destined to happen after this election.

Even without the Mueller investigation, turmoil and tumult would have been our political/social fate at this time. Although maybe it's like the butterfly effect of chaos theory. There would be a different set of subjects for the daily tweetstorms of the national reality tv series, Presidential edition. But, really, I expect "left wing haters" to be the label Trump supporters apply to Trump resisters. It's to be expected. But from my personal experience, this isn't retrograde, it's patriotism. I was watching the AHC American Revolution series the other night. And it was so interesting watching loyalists take it to rebels in the South. I forget sometimes how divided we were then.

Well, today is similar. I'm a patriot. Defending the values of my nation against the destruction of those values both at home and abroad. I didn't ask for this. I'm far from alone. This is the way it has to be. I just look at my Trump supporting fellow citizens as brainwashed. And I think of them: how do you not see your President is hitching your national identity to your lesser angels, and when will you open your eyes and wake up? I wish I knew. It's gonna be a long time, and it's not going to be easy. Were dividing up on ultra-polarized sides. Might as well at least admit that neither side is going to understand, like, or accommodate each other at the moment. But when somebody tells me my mind is rotting, based on what they think is hatred, but is actually a patriot sounding off, we only live once, and nobody should sleepwalk through that portion of history that is their's to live, well, I see just how wide the gap really is. I see people with blinders on their eyes, sleepwalking through something that's as clear as day, yet invisible to them.

I'm on the right side of history, though it may be generations before the lesser angels are put to rest. This just is not the time when people say "OK, the people have spoken". Not meant to be. Nothing we can do about it. This is the reality of our day and age, our history to live. Was never going to go any other way...

Last edited:
Interesting. Here's the chart for those who are too lazy to click:
Media-Bias-Chart_Version-3.1_Watermark-min.jpg

I have to say that that matches my own experience pretty well. And I'm fairly happy to see that all of the sources I rely on for daily factual news fall directly in the green box (AP, Reuters, NPR, Washington Post, The Hill, and New York Times).

Not especially convincing that an individual who can create a Cartesian sort of map with two lines of values can fit a lot of stuff on it somewhere.

What this is, is it's a map of is current university cultural bias. Not too surprising you are dead center with that bias.

The Jacobin is, factually, an ideological advocate of elementary arbitrary rule of the masses by whoever happens to be the top intellectual dog in the fight. proto-Marxist. The Jacobins historically were the reign of terror in the French Revolution.

Our mainstream media today, as well as our university educational culture, is a reformed socialism distinct from Marxism only in that it has become more genteel, more sophisticated, and speaks a reformed rhethoric that appears benign. Fabian socialism, I think is the dominating variety.... which has historically sought change through gradualism, and quite successfully. The Democratic Party has gone off the track, and today would have little beef with the Bolsheviks of 1917, really.

Sure Karl Marx was a few generations ago. Times have changed. Chinese Communist Party folks today have reverted in some respects to Confucious' precepts, while using the Party organization as the central structure for running the country.

I strongly disagree with Mark Levin and anyone else who considers Putin as bad as Obama, let alone Hillary. Like the Chinese, the Russian "communist party" today doesn't believe in Marx any more than our Democrats believe in our Constitution. I wouldn't believe Putin is directly responsible for anyone being "done in". Obama I'm not sure about. Hillary I have no doubt about.

While drawing Cartesian value systems is perhaps necessary for simplistic generalists, facts generally don't fit anywhere on any map. And anyone call any fact "good" or "bad". When we choose to embrace a value system, we often do so for a few common reasons. Comfort.....belonging with our "peers". Information..... setting our thinking in line with what we accept as "fact". Pragmatism..... justifying our choice of actions...... to avoid a psychological discomfort called "conscience". Or, maybe.... Simplification. Making sense of life.

Putin is, like Xi and Un, a pretty dictatorial character. He has no stable Constitutional system of checks and balances to limit his range of interests, or his effectiveness of administration.

We are blessed to have a government that was founded on a Constitution that tried to limit arbitrary power, but of course it is of little virtue unless we have moral leaders and officers who will follow it. Leaders who have risen to power that rivals the dictatorial cases I mention above in defiance of what the law requires are, in my thinking, worse than leaders who seem to be doing some good even without such a system.

I think Un is hopeful because he's been here, is friends with Dennis Rodman, and realizes there is a better way. I think his atrocities may be because of "necessity" under a Marxist/corrupt system. A systemic transformation towards an open society could result in NK people not wanting to do him in anymore, and he might be able to afford to stop his own bloody reign of terror. The only hope is that he will calculate that he will survive trying to actually do some good for his country and his people. Not much basis for hope, but it's all I've got.

I think Trump survives the assault because he actually has better sense than we've had in leadership in my lifetime. He is no saint, but he does not own the media, and he knows he does not own the loyalty of Americans unless he delivers some results. He is not an "Insider" with the old guard, but he is trying to make deals to get along with them while trying to keep his base if he can. Overall, he is very limited in what he can do or try to do, almost as limited as our Constitutional designers intended..... well, except he doesn't know there really is a Constitution. The world in his eyes is reduced to financial issues..... business, deals. He just knows he needs to make other people happy to get the deal... I hope I'm wrong, in the right way....

And that is good.

*Country's

unless he's actually talking about both Russia and the U.S., in which case it would be *countries'

Dude has a real good brain /sarcasm

Dangerous for anyone, even me, to seriously believe our own brains..... One of the reasons I think it's dangerous to have a really really powerful government without effective limits the people can use to control it

But thanks for the link. I rarely look at twitter. I did here. I found some stuff scrolling down that actually changed my opinion of Jason Chaffetz. I'd given up on him, and Trey Gouty, for dropping the ball on the Benghazi investigation. I thought maybe some thugs got him and broke his foot and he cried "uncle" to get them to let him go...... But here he is, pretty much everything he ever was.... his own man.

Another nothingburger, right?

Version 1: we had zero contact with the Russians
Version 101: we had lots of contact with Russians. But they were all FBI sting operations. Deep State! But collusion isn’t a crime. And the president can pardon himself of any crime. MAGA

MIAMI — One day in late May 2016, Roger Stone — the political dark sorcerer and longtime confidant of Donald Trump — slipped into his Jaguar and headed out to meet a man with a Make America Great Again hat and a viscous Russian accent.

The man, who called himself Henry Greenberg, offered damaging information about Hillary Clinton,
Trump’s presumptive Democratic opponent in the upcoming presidential election, according to Stone who spoke about the previously unreported incident in interviews with The Washington Post. Greenberg, who did not reveal the information he claimed to possess, wanted Trump to pay $2 million for the political dirt, Stone said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8123c8-6fd0-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html