What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Just so you know, I never had any intention to let this slip. So, if you would, listen good. You're like my fallen right wing brother, and I feel for you, but I don't have to take that. I could just say you're ingesting far too much of Hannity inspired madness, and flip it on its head, but I'll give you a more deliberate reply then you deserve after that piece of your mind...

Yeah, a lot of Americans agree with what Trump is doing. Flipping off the Western alliance, stick it to anyone and everyone, forgive an American leader for cozying up to the most brutal dictators on Earth. Yep, they approve. That's why they're not making decisions for the future of our nation. Unfortunetly, one of their ilk is. Meantime, those with eyes to see can continue to sound off about how they feel about it all. That's to be expected, and more expected then expecting those appalled by the results of Nov. 2016, to just say, "eh, 8 years at the most, no biggie" or even the "required" "OK, the people have spoken". That was never destined to happen after this election.

Even without the Mueller investigation, turmoil and tumult would have been our political/social fate at this time. Although maybe it's like the butterfly effect of chaos theory. There would be a different set of subjects for the daily tweetstorms of the national reality tv series, Presidential edition. But, really, I expect "left wing haters" to be the label Trump supporters apply to Trump resisters. It's to be expected. But from my personal experience, this isn't retrograde, it's patriotism. I was watching the AHC American Revolution series the other night. And it was so interesting watching loyalists take it to rebels in the South. I forget sometimes how divided we were then.

Well, today is similar. I'm a patriot. Defending the values of my nation against the destruction of those values both at home and abroad. I didn't ask for this. I'm far from alone. This is the way it has to be. I just look at my Trump supporting fellow citizens as brainwashed. And I think of them: how do you not see your President is hitching your national identity to your lesser angels, and when will you open your eyes and wake up? I wish I knew. It's gonna be a long time, and it's not going to be easy. Were dividing up on ultra-polarized sides. Might as well at least admit that neither side is going to understand, like, or accommodate each other at the moment. But when somebody tells me my mind is rotting, based on what they think is hatred, but is actually a patriot sounding off, we only live once, and nobody should sleepwalk through that portion of history that is their's to live, well, I see just how wide the gap really is. I see people with blinders on their eyes, sleepwalking through something that's as clear as day, yet invisible to them.

I'm on the right side of history, though it may be generations before the lesser angels are put to rest. This just is not the time when people say "OK, the people have spoken". Not meant to be. Nothing we can do about it. This is the reality of our day and age, our history to live. Was never going to go any other way...
God bless you. I understand that you feel certain that you are fighting the right fight. Despite what you apparently think, I don't watch Hanity. I do flip back and forth between news channels on Sirus, which I also did during the Obama administration. The talk on the left seems crazy toxic to me these days. It was bad on the right during Obama so I guess it is to be expected when the other party is governing, but it was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

Trump is an enigma. His many faults are not invisible to me. Unlike some others, I see strengths as well. Some people on this site don't believe me, but I am not and never have been a Trump supporter. I am in favor of many of his policies, though, and it drives me crazy when the people who accuse him of making up facts (which he does) make up all sorts of facts to attack him with. From my perspective the left blows everything he says way, way, way out of proportion to the negative side of the equation. Today they are accusing him of cozying up to dictators. A couple of months ago they were freaking out because he was talking in such a threatening way to the same dictator. But somehow he ended up sitting across the table from that dictator and signing an agreement which, no matter how you parse it (unless you are willing to use left-wing media logic), is a necessary step to peace. And as the process moves forward, no matter how things play out, the recent past has proven to me that no matter what happens, the left is going to freak out and claim that Trump is taking exactly the wrong course. He could rescue every puppy at the pound and they'd run a story on the atrocities he must be intending to commit against puppies.

To listen to the mainstream media these days you would not know that ISIS appears to be critically weakened, that the US economy is running extremely well, that the tax cuts have positively impacted most people, that unemployment rates (especially for minorities) are extremely low, etc. There is a ton of positive going on, yet you and many others who listen to the media on the left see nothing but disaster. There are several posters on this site who have said that the Trump administration is on the verge of collapse, many different times. And still, somehow, it keeps moving along. On Friday someone said the end was here... and yet it's Monday and it still keeps moving along. I guess there's no reason to waste any more pixels talking about it. I'm just happy that Hillary isn't president. I'm still amazed at the flawed candidates that both parties put forth.

To listen to the mainstream media these days you would not know that ISIS appears to be critically weakened, that the US economy is running extremely well, that the tax cuts have positively impacted most people, that unemployment rates (especially for minorities) are extremely low, etc.

I hear about 3 of those on NPR (the impact of tax cuts for most people has been minimal). What you don't hear on right-wing radio is that, except for the tax cuts, all of those were well underway in 2016.

I'm still amazed at the flawed candidates that both parties put forth.

Agreed.

So how will we feel if Mueller provides pretty rock solid evidence that the President obstructed justice, that his campaign had illegal contact with Russian agents, and various other crimes that are linked directly to Trump yet his supporters don't care and congress and the senate don't do anything about it?

I think that's the most likely scenario at this point. I am pretty confident obstruction, by the President himself, happened. Will anybody who currently supports the President care?

So how will we feel if Mueller provides pretty rock solid evidence that the President obstructed justice, that his campaign had illegal contact with Russian agents, and various other crimes that are linked directly to Trump yet his supporters don't care and congress and the senate don't do anything about it?

I think that's the most likely scenario at this point. I am pretty confident obstruction, by the President himself, happened. Will anybody who currently supports the President care?

I don't think Trump was involved directly. Who would trust him with that knowledge; it would be all over the evening news in a week. Even if he was involved, his supporters won't care.

I don't think Trump was involved directly. Who would trust him with that knowledge; it would be all over the evening news in a week. Even if he was involved, his supporters won't care.
I think it's pretty clear Trump was directly involved in obstruction of justice.

That's the question, really. Even if the obstruction is shown to be egregious and 100% intentional, will anyone who currently supports him care? Let's say he at some point learned his campaign was in illegal contact with the Russians and he obstructed justice to prevent that from coming out?

Is obstruction of justice okay as long as it's your guy doing it?

Is obstruction of justice okay as long as it's your guy doing it?

Often, the bar to belief is higher if it's your guy. For example, Hannity/Jones/etc. will find 50 way to rip any Mueller accusation apart, and much/most of Trump's base will use their justification to believe there was no obstruction.

I'm wondering if there is a point at which Trump's base would abandon him. I'm starting to believe that as long as he is anti-immigrant, pro-white male they will accept any other thing he does.

I'm wondering if there is a point at which Trump's base would abandon him. I'm starting to believe that as long as he is anti-immigrant, pro-white male they will accept any other thing he does.

There is a lot of evidence to support that position from what has happened with other politicians.

Its down to 2 choices. He either surrounded himself with criminals who were breaking the law while he was totally in the dark. Or he is the mob boss. I really don't see a third option at this point.

I think it's a very possible scenario. I think and hope Mueller's report will come before November, so in that scenario we do our best to vote out of office all of the congressmen and senators that have refused to take action against Trump, so that the new congress can kick him out of office.

I think there is a non-negligible percentage for whom that is true. Probably 25% of the population will accept anything Trump does no matter how solid the evidence against him is. Sad.

Trump already said that he could shoot down an innocent man in the middle of Times Square (or something to that effect) and his supporters would still support him.

I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head.

I don't think it matters what Mueller finds. As long as Republicans hold Congress, Trump won't be held accountable. The GOP represents a cult (Rep Gowdy, Rep Sanford, and McCain Strategist Schmidt) have even described it as such. Trump has cover from Fox News, he knows that the primaries are controlled by his cult and won't listen to moderates, and the GOP Congress seems more inclined to excuse and justify their leader's actions no matter how atrocious or appalling. The lone exception has been this child separation issue, which remains unresolved.

The way forward is electing democrats at all levels. You might not agree with everything they stand for but the alternative is bad **** crazy.

The House is most definitely in play. I'm unsure of the Senate. But at least taking one chamber back will go a long way to restoring decency to this country.

Donald’s campaign manager is in jail.

Donald’s personal lawyer is about to flip.

I dunno about you but this nothing burger sure is tasty!!!
Tasting more and more like a nothing burger with a side of nothing every day. I can understand why people hate Trump, but the haters are not doing themselves any favors with the Chicken Little act.

Tasting more and more like a nothing burger with a side of nothing every day. I can understand why people hate Trump, but the haters are not doing themselves any favors with the Chicken Little act.
Because Mueller and the FBI arent releasing their investigation details prematurely? Or are you just trying to troll him with silly words?