What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

@Thriller.

your work isn't worthy of duplicating for a response. Speculate all you want. Your views lack merit, facts, and any understanding of why others think as they do.

One last thing I find infuriating? How trump and his cult go about demonizing law enforcement as if they’re political hacks. As if republicans in the FBI have it in for democrats and democrats in the FBI have it in for republicans. The way they portray law enforcement as caring more about one’s political affiliation than evidence of criminality is so frustrating to me. Especially after decades of republicans wrapping themselves with the flag and claiming a monopoly on “patriotism.”

It just seems like projection when trump, Hannity, and those on this board attack (imperfect) patriots like Comey, McCabe, Mueller and claim that their political biases are the sole reason these investigations are happening.

Sorry, but not everyone is as ugly as Hannity, Trump, Alex Jones, or babe. People like Comey, McCabe, and Mueller got to where they did NOT because they were political hacks, but because they were damn good at finding evidence and enforcing the law fairly.

Reactions: Red
@Thriller.

your work isn't worthy of duplicating for a response. Speculate all you want. Your views lack merit, facts, and any understanding of why others think as they do.

More projection from the village idiot on our board who incessantly regurgitates the least reputable and most toxic garbage found outside of the dark web. We are all dumber for reading your vitriol.

Back to the ignore list you go!

I don't know what you mean by this. I don't listen to any conservative talk radio shows at all.

I also don't know what you mean by this. But certainly 2 years of Trump's lies has forced me to recalibrate my "maximum lying possible" setting.

Mark Levin is taking some time off because his mother is seriously failing... who knows, maybe even his own ticker. Honestly I don't know how he lives with his heart, weight, temper, and blood pressure..... I can't recall the name of his stand-in, but he dedicated some substantial time to McCabe(sp?) and the statements he made. He made it out more like his comments proved a conspiracy, with two of Trump's cabinet involved. Until now, McCabe has tried to downplay it, at least so far as Levin and Hannity have caricaturized it. Something like McCabe saying he was only kidding when he said it. That was the story last October, anyway.

The 25th Amendment has been regular fare with Trump's opponents from the election night 2016. I don't think it's "conspiracy" for cabinet members to talk about it if they have concerns.... but for FBI or other agencies to be trying to coordinate it after, as evidence already shows, using their government jobs to try to influence election results, is more serious than anything Russia can do......

I can understand people living in "alternate universes" according to their associations/information. That's the way the whole world is.... why we have different nations in some cases, different religions, and such....

btw.... I thought you were a Physics professor.....

Btw, just got back from visiting Breitbart. The weirdo accusations (unsupported by evidence) that certain posters here are spewing that Rosenstein tried to initiate a 25th amendment and that McCabe tried to coordinate a coup are all over Breitbart. Too easy. It’s pathetic how a few websites/loudmouths on the radio completely brainwash so many in this country. I guess there’s always going to be someone gullible to believe in people like trump. It’s just so sad when you consider how much education and better sources of information are out there.

So easy to find the source of trumper disinformation. So easy to predict! Pathetic really just pathetic!

wrt Thriller. Fine if you put me on ignore. I believe you're totally committed to your point of view, and come here not to discuss but to preach, more or less. Not fun.

And I just can't.... well, at least I don't care to..... just get in a huff, throw out trite insults, and stomp off.

I believe different beliefs/ views can stand some discussion. I fully recognize that this is a site dedicated to serving the little group of friends from back in 2010 who made of go of it, most of whom are pretty much on the front lines of politics as I have never understood it...…

I have questioned whether it's worthwhile bothering ya'll so much....

Babe was reguritating this yesterday which he got off Breitbart. Now Donald spews it out on twitter. Funny how the radical right wing echo chamber works.

Its these types of disingenuous tweets that really make the president look guilty. Why would an innocent person post such rubbish?

But certainly 2 years of Trump's lies has forced me to recalibrate my "maximum lying possible" setting.

Yeah, that has to be the case for anyone paying attention the past two years. The Washington Post has done an excellent job keeping track of the astounding number of false and misleading claims made by Trump, as well as posting the more truthful or accurate information alongside his false claims:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/

The new attorney general's son-in-law just got a job at the White House advising Trump on "legal matters."

Seriously, folks. You can't make this up.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/william-barr-son-in-law-white-house

No conflict of interest here. No siree.

I’m sure he joined the trump team just as his dad became AG because of his enormous credentials.

Deep state! Hillary, Comey, mueller, and McCabe are the real criminals! Why won’t the MSM report that? Like Benghazi and urine one? Comey and the FBI just waited until trump became president before they could take him
Out!

Did I cover all the stupid right wing talking pts yet?

This was posted by a Facebook friend. It's priceless, lol...

“Stolen from a friend of a friend. The best description of Trump I have ever read, from a Brit.

Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humor is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us and most are.
* You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumps of hair and scream in anguish:

‘My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a **** was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2019/02/british-writer-pens-best-description-of.html

This was posted by a Facebook friend. It's priceless, lol...

“Stolen from a friend of a friend. The best description of Trump I have ever read, from a Brit.

Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humor is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us and most are.
* You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumps of hair and scream in anguish:

‘My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a **** was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

Did not really read, but I wanted to point out that the Brits voted for Brexit, which is led by their version of the Trumpers. They have no leg to stand on.

Did not really read, but I wanted to point out that the Brits voted for Brexit, which is led by their version of the Trumpers. They have no leg to stand on.

Not all of them voted for Brexit. There's enough who didn't to be able to stand on one leg, methinks, lol....

Not all of them voted for Brexit. There's enough who didn't to be able to stand on one leg, methinks, lol....

52% of them voted for it. Less than 50% of Americans voted for Trump. "What the British hate about Trump" sounds snobby. It's like saying "What Americans hate about Boris Johnson". Nothing in particular. We have one of our own.

52% of them voted for it. Less than 50% of Americans voted for Trump. "What the British hate about Trump" sounds snobby. It's like saying "What Americans hate about Boris Johnson". Nothing in particular. We have one of our own.

OK, fair enough then. I just thought it was funny, and got a much needed laugh out of it at the time....