What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Sure man.. Keep repeating the same deadhorse.

You're clearly something different

You are clearly just another mindless liberal clone.

When the Trump conspiracy turns out to be a big nothing burger, what will you tin foil hats turn to?

The Russian investigation is likely the least of his problems at this point. Once he's ex-president Trump, the Southern District of New York will be waiting with open arms, or rather, open cuffs, lol.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-2020-sdny-investigation-1349868

Of course, he would have a few choices where he might apply for political asylum. Russia. The Philippines. Saudi Arabia. North Korea.

Unless he wins re-election and many of those crimes will have past the statute of limitations. Right now the office of the president is shielding this third rate grifter from immediately being prosecuted. If he weren’t president right now and faced the same scrutiny, he’d be in jail already

Unless he wins re-election and many of those crimes will have past the statute of limitations. Right now the office of the president is shielding this third rate grifter from immediately being prosecuted. If he weren’t president right now and faced the same scrutiny, he’d be in jail already

He refused to commit to recognizing a Clinton victory in 2016, if the election were close, and he had already raised the issue of voter fraud before the election, I believe suggesting it would be a factor if he lost. He transitioned to identifying it as the reason he lost the popular vote. I should think even his supporters, at this point, would not be surprised if he did not go quietly into the night. If he's to lose in 2020, a landslide loss would help.

I think trump is doing a great job of destroying his presidency himself. Even that CPAC crowd today got uneasy with his mocking of Sessions.

You are clearly just another mindless liberal clone.

When the Trump conspiracy turns out to be a big nothing burger, what will you tin foil hats turn to?

I'll follow the evidence. My track record shows it.

How many more investigations it gonna take to get you and the snowflake repubwikins ta stop chanting lock her up?

Mock a deceased war hero at CPAC and then call his widow triggered on social media to #ownthelibs

The “conservative movement” at CPAC is disgusting. Trump is just a symptom of a movement/party just completely devoid of ideas, morality, and common decency.

The “conservative movement” at CPAC is disgusting. Trump is just a symptom of a movement/party just completely devoid of ideas, morality, and common decency.

People might see someone like myself focusing on Trump simply embracing the flag, and they might think, "well, this is over the top Trump Derangement Syndrome". And while I can appreciate the right viewing the left as engaged in something akin to a shark feeding frenzy, there is another perspective, that sees that particular act and image of Trump at CPAC as symbolic of ubernationalism.

There's the perspective of seeing a leader that utilizes fear of "others", and a form of nationalism that's akin to fusing religiosity emotions onto "The Nation", something that was already coming into full flower in America, and now this man is a master at focusing this force. (But it's two way. The followers invest in him, identify their concerns and beliefs in him, even as he leads them with his wrecking ball mantra).

It is the perspective of always keeping one's radar up for the marriage of authoritarianism and nationalistic religiosity. It's only natural, given the lessons of history when these types of sentiments and leaders come to the fore in a nation.

What the right calls Trump Derangement Sydrome is really citizen vigilance in a democracy. All you have to do is look at the world leaders he admires to know how he sees himself. We did not establish this nation to go in that direction.

People might see someone like myself focusing on Trump simply embracing the flag, and they might think, "well, this is over the top Trump Derangement Syndrome". And while I can appreciate the right viewing the left as engaged in something akin to a shark feeding frenzy, there is another perspective, that sees that particular act and image of Trump at CPAC as symbolic of ubernationalism.

There's the perspective of seeing a leader that utilizes fear of "others", and a form of nationalism that's akin to fusing religiosity emotions onto "The Nation", something that was already coming into full flower in America, and now this man is a master at focusing this force. (But it's two way. The followers invest in him, identify their concerns and beliefs in him, even as he leads them with his wrecking ball mantra).

It is the perspective of always keeping one's radar up for the marriage of authoritarianism and nationalistic religiosity. It's only natural, given the lessons of history when these types of sentiments and leaders come to the fore in a nation.

What the right calls Trump Drrangement Sydrome is really citizen vigilance in a democracy. All you have to do is look at the world leaders he admires to know how he sees himself. We did not establish this nation to go in that direction.

You make a compelling argument but for some their vigilance is fueled by “Trump Derangement Syndrome”. Not all citizen involvement is equal. It needs to be taken case by case.

For you it’s involvement. For some others on here it’s derangement.

You make a compelling argument but for some their vigilance is fueled by “Trump Derangement Syndrome”. Not all citizen involvement is equal. It needs to be taken case by case.

For you it’s involvement. For some others on here it’s derangement.
Derangement implies there's an irrationality to the motivation behind a person's opposition to Trump. I really haven't seen that here. There are those who are a little more strident or abrasive in how they talk about him, but I don't think that's necessarily irrational of them.

Rand Paul sets up an interesting senate vote.

I don’t think the senate has the 2/3rds to override If/when Trump vetoes for the first time. But I wonder if this might spark more courage to resist executive overreach and for congress to claw back some of its own power?

What the right calls Trump Derangement Sydrome is really citizen vigilance in a democracy. All you have to do is look at the world leaders he admires to know how he sees himself. We did not establish this nation to go in that direction.

It’s getting worse. That 2 hour gripe fest was the bitter speech of someone not mentally well. This is our president. He controls the nuke codes:

How can any rational human being watch these clips and think, “Yeah, this guy is definitely sane. Let’s make him the most powerful person on the planet”?

How can any rational human being watch these clips and think, “Yeah, this guy is definitely sane. Let’s make him the most powerful person on the planet”?

You would have to be a complete idiot. Sadly this country has plenty of idiots.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You sound like you have “trump derangement syndrome.” :D

Sadly, about 35 percent of this country are complete idiots and addicted to the crap that Fox News, Breitbart, and am radio spouts. Nixon would’ve survived if he had had the right wing media of offering him cover fire like trump enjoys today.

This is actually one of my biggest concerns about our democracy. Even once Trump is taken out either through impeachment/resignation/election loss, there’s just too much ignorance and tribalism in this country due to the sorting we’ve seen over decades. Through race, political beliefs, economics, people have been sorted out and divided. Most of the country leans left, supports rights for LGBT, women, and minorities, are far better educated, live in cities, and are generally voting democratic. However, they won’t be able to pass the things they want like higher taxes on the rich, gun regulation, health care reform, etc because so much of the middle of the country is so rural and red. Unless the senate filibuster is removed, the stuff AOC and the Dems are advocating for, Will never get the votes in the senate to pass anything.

So even after trump leaves, well continue to see the perpetual gridlock in DC. The gop has no incentive to change. They got the tax cuts they wanted. They’ll continue to get the judges they want. Even if they lose the White House and house for another generation, they can continue to serve as obstructionists, preventing government from functioning (which serves their corporate interests).

This only opens the door for yet another wannabe autocrat who will “fix everything.” The next wannabe dictator republicans send to the White House will be much smarter than trump.

Trump is a symptom of a Republican Party that long ago went off the rails and stopped working for the American people. We need a Conservative party that can pump the brakes on bad progressive legislation and provide a balance to big harmful government. But when one party refuses to play this game of democracy and instead decided to ruin it, well, how can democracy function?

Talk of civil war will no doubt seem over the top, but pundits both left and right are finding themselves visualizing this moment in our history in just such terms....

I've been suggesting this scenario for awhile, since it seems inevitable. I believe it's two different ways of seeing the world colliding on history's stage. I believe the solution to this unfortunate junction in our nation's history lies in understanding we see the world we want to see, and when extreme poles are created, far left and far right, and those poles define the political dialogue, and the task at hand is to determine the future of a nation and society, it does create an untenable position for that society, wherein there is no way forward, no possibility of social and political stability.

The solution must lie in people recognizing that this condition exists, and finding someway of bridging the divide, of finding something in common again. It's a tall task, and it's probably going to be soon upon us.

It's just very hard for me to see a peaceful run to the 2020 election, or a harmonious social frabric in the wake of the 2020 election. And so, such talk as this is growing, and we need ask ourselves what are we doing to our nation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...733af8-3ae4-11e9-a2cd-307b06d0257b_story.html

"All the doom, gloom and divisiveness has caught the attention of experts who evaluate the strength of governments around the world. The Economist Intelligence Unit’s Democracy Index, a measure widely cited by political scientists, demoted the United States from “full democracy” to “flawed democracy” in January 2017, citing a big drop in Americans’ trust in their political institutions.

Similarly, Freedom House, which monitors freedom and democracy around the world, warned in 2018 that the past year has “brought further, faster erosion of American’s own democratic standards than at any other time in memory.”

For my conservative friends, the origin of this disturbing trend as seen from the right:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...lism-tech-boom-immigration-campus-radicalism/

The view from CPAC: "We are not going to turn on our own":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9786ac-3bb2-11e9-aaae-69364b2ed137_story.html