What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Assumptions from you mean nothing.
It isn't me that should concern you. I'm one person. It is the half of the United States who doesn't trust the FBI and can see for themselves that a democrat was treated one way while a republican was treated very different.

Fish has to make it personal again. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to discuss the issues and have a give and take. He would rather throw stones at people he disagrees with.

The assumption he is making is one that is being discussed. Is there a use of the DOJ that is being used as a political weapon. Many feel it is and has been for many years. If I recall pelosi felt that way during the trump era as did Schumer. Is this the way we wish our country to be run?

Trump admittedly took classified documents from the white house. Thats a no no. The fbi (lead by the man trump appointed) went to a judge and got a search warrant and executed the search warrant. This is literally the fbi doing their job. Trump has been caught in corruption multiple time in the past. He has a history.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It isn't me that should concern you. I'm one person. It is the half of the United States who doesn't trust the FBI and can see for themselves that a democrat was treated one way while a republican was treated very different.

Well this is simply the republican way now. Trust nothing and no one other than trump of all people. Act like victims at all times.
Look, they investigated hillary. They investigated trump. They investigated hunter. None of them have been charged with anything. Looking at the scorecard im seeing 2 dems and only 1 repub. man the justice department is actually going after the dems more! Oh. Noes.
See if the dems acted like the repubs then they would be up in arms about this. They arent though. I think that democrats dont really care if hunter or hillary get busted by the law.
But trump? Oh no. Trump is super duper innocent of any and all wrongdoing. I mean he has never been in trouble with the law in the past even. And when he has been in trouble with the law in the past it was all a witch hunt and a hoax. But hillary and hunter, they are super duper evil villains that the justice department wont even investigate. And when they do get investigated its always an insufficient investigation. All hail orange god king!

Well this is simply the republican way now. Trust nothing and no one other than trump of all people. Act like victims at all times.
Look, they investigated hillary. They investigated trump. They investigated hunter. None of them have been charged with anything. Looking at the scorecard im seeing 2 dems and only 1 repub. man the justice department is actually going after the dems more! Oh. Noes.
See if the dems acted like the repubs then they would be up in arms about this. They arent though. I think that democrats dont really care if hunter or hillary get busted by the law.
But trump? Oh no. Trump is super duper innocent of any and all wrongdoing. I mean he has never been in trouble with the law in the past even. And when he has been in trouble with the law in the past it was all a witch hunt and a hoax. But hillary and hunter, they are super duper evil villains that the justice department wont even investigate. And when they do get investigated its always an insufficient investigation. All hail orange god king!

It’s also not our job to give into the irrational fears of Trump supporters. They want to be coddled and spoiled and placated to like a bunch of toddlers. That’s not how the world works. If we did, we’d constantly be playing whack a mole with whatever makes them scared, angry, or distrustful; the media, black people, history books, LGBTs, Jews, liberals, the FBI, masks, doctors, etc.

If Republicans want to self-radicalize by convincing themselves that:
1. Q is real and is fighting to save the world from pedos.
2. Hillary drinks child’s blood at a pizza restaurant.
3. Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the 2016 election.
4. Covid was invented by Fauci and vaccines are bad but horse dewormer and flashlights up the *** are good.
5. Jews are trying to replace white Republicans with immigrants.
6. Russia and Putin are awesome.
7. There’s a deep state biased against Republicans.
8. George Soros is part of a grand conspiracy.
9. Trump actually won the 2020 election, Italian satellites, and Hugo Chavez changed votes. And Jan 6 was actually instigated by antifa.
10. The FBI has it in for Trump (ignoring as you said, Clinton was investigated several times over decades and Hunter is still being investigated).

All 10 of these are Republican beliefs. Are we supposed to… Respect these dumbass beliefs?

what are we supposed to do about this??? I feel like the Jazz actually won two chips against MJ and the bulls. Why won’t grown *** adults take me seriously? Oh noes, now I don’t trust the NBA! Someone respect me! Coddle me! Or else I’m going to do something dangerous, stupid, and illegal!

Republicans are old enough to be big boys. At some point they need to take responsibility for their beliefs. None of us are going to convince them that they’ve been brainwashed. And we can’t keep babying them either. Babying them only enables them. It seems like they want complete immunity from their criminal actions.

Last edited:
Hm. They lie all the time on this network. After all, it’s Russian propaganda. Often however, they do put kernels of truth out there. For months now they haven’t talked about NATO, but have tried to juice Russians about the greatness of a Russian empire. Which is ultimately, the truth behind their invasion of Ukraine.

But this seems to be a very specific worry. And would it surprise anyone if Donald was selling America out to make a few bucks?

I hope for the sake of our country that this is inaccurate but I fear it might be accurate. I really fear for our armed forces and intelligence community if this is true. Putin is right behind the Republican Party as our democracy’s greatest threat. This is one of the biggest reasons why he was unfit for office. You can’t elect an amoral transactional demagogue who has no loyalty other than to himself.

View: https://twitter.com/juliadavisnews/status/1557198070110117889?s=21&t=hC9ZSNe-9yJ7wweAblHahw
James Madison nailed it when he described the importance of virtue in the electorate. And if the electorate doesn’t have virtue, then they won’t value virtue. And if we don’t value virtue, then democracy cannot survive. It cannot surprise if leaders are merely amoral transactional narcissists (like most of his worshippers too, they’re amoral transactional narcissistic d bags). At some point, democratic leaders need to think about what’s best for the country.

Here’s his quote
…that the people will have virtue and intelligence to select men of virtue and wisdom. Is there no virtue among us? If there be not, we are in a wretched situation. No theoretical checks--no form of government can render us secure. To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea. If there be sufficient virtue and intelligence in the community, it will be exercised in the selection of these men. So that we do not depend on their virtue, or put confidence in our rulers, but in the people who are to choose them.

Last edited:
Also, why wasn’t swalwell investigated and raided for having an affair with a Chinese spy? Why isn’t anyone associated with Epstein being raided…well maybe trump is now
You know that raids don’t happen every time there’s an investigation, right?

I would actually argue that if Biden were behind the raid that they picked an incredibly awful time with them actually passing some significant bills, gas prices retreating and some general winds at their back. This kind of raid would have been better served for a later date if it had any executive fingerprints at all.

I would actually argue that if Biden were behind the raid that they picked an incredibly awful time with them actually passing some significant bills, gas prices retreating and some general winds at their back. This kind of raid would have been better served for a later date if it had any executive fingerprints at all.
Agreed.

The last 4 weeks have been by far the best of his presidency. Did you see our inflation numbers today? Why would Biden and the Democrats want to distract from that?

View: https://twitter.com/rortybomb/status/1557345558280507394?s=21&t=NLCDdzkCvuRBhcgDqpQETQ

I’m definitely not tired from all of this winning! This is great news for every American regardless of political affiliation, right? Unless you want things to suck here.

Last edited:

The problem with this argument is that it doesn't apply to presidents because the president has the broad and unquestioned powers to declassify anything at any time without any process. Trump could have taken a box filled with copies of the most super top secret documents the US government had, decided they were no longer classified and stuck them in trunk of his car. It is a power the Secretary of State does not have which is why what Hillary did was so much worse. The issue with Trump is the Presidential Records Act which requires that all records, classified or unclassified, be preserved for the public by the National Archives and Records Administration.

If Trump had taken the only copy of something, that could land him in hot water, but using the FBI to conduct a massive raid because the National Archives thinks he might have something they don't have a copy of is an unprecedented abuse of power. There had better be more to the raid then tracking down what is essentially overdue library books because if there is not more then this is nothing short of the Democrats declaring that so long as they are in power, they have more guns and will use them for any reason against their political enemies.

Agreed.

The last 4 weeks have been by far the best of his presidency. Did you see our inflation numbers today? Why would Biden and the Democrats want to distract from that?

I’m definitely not tired from all of this winning!
I wouldn’t include today’s inflation numbers as a win for Biden. 8.5% with the highest increase in electricity in 16 years. Food still going higher with last month being the highest increase since 1979. So yeah lower gas dropped the inflation rate but other major items people spend their money on every month had big jumps.

But he has had a nice streak going.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1557156566167609346?s=21&t=NLCDdzkCvuRBhcgDqpQETQ

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1557095276329959429?s=21&t=NLCDdzkCvuRBhcgDqpQETQ

This seems to be following the previous Trump crimes. Deny at first but now slowly admit the criming was done and “so what deal with it.”

Here in a few days they’ll shift to the final step, how stupid he is and because he’s too stupid he shouldn’t be charged with a crime. The only thing missing here is the tweet denying that he “hardly knew Mar-a-Lago” and that she “begged like a dog for a job.”

We’ve all seen this movie too many times before.

So they carried all those boxes inside and then carried them out again? If only there was footage, like a camera the police could wear on their uniform...

This is a lie intended to only be taken seriously by stupid people, which is Trump's base, so, it's probably going to work as intended.

This is a key point

View: https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1557045330776137734?s=21&t=NLCDdzkCvuRBhcgDqpQETQ
And it’s not like this was the first time he’d ****ed around with this. For the past two years he’s been mishandling classified documents. Read my post a page or so back. This has been a continual habit of his. I think there’s some real suspicion that he was selling state secrets.

Would it really surprise anyone if he was doing this???

So they carried all those boxes inside and then carried them out again? If only there was footage, like a camera the police could wear on their uniform...

This is a lie intended to only be taken seriously by stupid people, which is Trump's base, so, it's probably going to work as intended.
Exactly.

It also makes zero sense for the Democratic controlled “deep state” to do this right now. Who’s talking about the low inflation numbers or great legislation recently passed? Now all the reporting is back on Trump and how his followers have their feelings hurt (I swear to god they can’t go more than 5 hrs without having their feelings hurt over something)

They would just claim the video footage was falsified. This is the King of Fake News we are talking about, the Great Orange Hope. They could have Trump on there himself handing **** over to the FBI and they would find a way to twist it. The news is what they say it is. Nothing is reported anymore, it is all spin.

I mean it is kind of crazy. Spin has always been a problem in reporting, primarily in the form of bias that inadvertently made its way into the reporting. Sometimes spun on purpose. But I do not think I have seen a time when the spin is so blatant and so heavily obviously false to be nothing short of full-on gaslighting.

Reporter: "Sir we have video of you shooting that man."
Politician: "No you don't."
Politician's Lawyer: "The shooting did not occur. We have evidence that the man was already shot when he arrived. The video purporting to show my client saying 'die die die' while pulling the trigger was a deep fake intended to make him look guilty. It is a plot by q-anon to discredit my client."
Reporter: "It has surfaced on multiple social media sites from 20 different people who filmed it."
Politician: "No it hasn't."
Lawyer: "No it hasn't. Those were crisis actors paid for by q-anon."
Average citizen: "****ing q-anon again. They need to all be killed!"

It is ridiculous in the extreme this is the world we live in now.

He is just following the best advice when speaking to any law enforcement authority: don't say anything. That is frankly what everyone should do. It is the advice of every single lawyer in the world. When interrogated, clam up and don't give them more rope to hang you. That is just common sense. The whole "you would talk if you didn't have anything to hide" is complete ******** and is exactly what cops say to get you to say things they can then use to incriminate you. Best advice in dealing with law enforcement: shut the **** up.

With Hillary, I think the issue is more the obvious difference in the way the FBI has apparently reacted to recovering materials. With Trump they very publicly rolled up to his house with 30 squad cars and tore though the place while nothing remotely like that happened with Hillary. There appears to be a bias in the way the FBI handles democrats versus how they handle republicans.
I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with Clinton turning over her server's hard drives while Trump hid the classified documents away. It must be bias. No other explanation.[/sarcasm]

Reactions: Red
By this logic Trump would also be innocent since they have investigated him but not filed charges. So should we just let his stuff slide as well?
Legally, Trump is innocent. If what you mean by "let him slide" is to vote for him in 2024, I would happily agree that no one should vote for Clinton in 2024, and no one should vote for Trump.

I’m not a supporter but if Trump is gonna go down then why not Hillary? Why not treat the crime the same?
One is a person's team deliberately removing classified papers to a non-classified location; the other is a few hundred people sending emails where the classified information was buried by top-posting. If you prosecute Clinton, you have to prosecute half of Congress, most of the State Department, and a sizable chunk of the Obama administration (if not, I guarantee you that they will all be on Clinton's witness list). Politically, the second is just not feasible.

I don't see the offenses as largely the same, with the first being done deliberately, the second in ignorance. I am not saying we need to prosecute Trump for this; the DoJ will sort that out.

It’s political warfare.
If anything, Trump got the kid-gloves treatment from the FBI on this search.

We all know it. Corruption from both parties is killing those who live in this country. It’s not about us anymore. It’s about political power. The money that is laundered is astronomical. Billions.
It's always been about political power and corruption, from the time the Articles of Confederation were drafted. That's human nature.