What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Also, why wasn’t swalwell investigated and raided for having an affair with a Chinese spy? Why isn’t anyone associated with Epstein being raided…well maybe trump is now
  • Even though U.S. officials do not believe Fang received or passed on classified information, the case "was a big deal, because there were some really, really sensitive people that were caught up" in the intelligence network, a current senior U.S. intelligence official said.
No classified information to retrieve.

He is just following the best advice when speaking to any law enforcement authority: don't say anything. That is frankly what everyone should do. It is the advice of every single lawyer in the world. When interrogated, clam up and don't give them more rope to hang you. That is just common sense. The whole "you would talk if you didn't have anything to hide" is complete ******** and is exactly what cops say to get you to say things they can then use to incriminate you. Best advice in dealing with law enforcement: shut the **** up.
He’s not pleading the 5th to cops. He’s pleading the 5th to the AG during a civil lawsuit, right? Is that normal?

Didn’t Trump say that you only plead the 5th if you’re guilty?

He’s not pleading the 5th to cops. He’s pleading the 5th to the AG during a civil lawsuit, right? Is that normal?

Didn’t Trump say that you only plead the 5th if you’re guilty?
I would plead the 5th to anything and everything. You can assume all you want. To me it is just a good practice in those situations. The more you say the more you have to resort to "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is" kind of **** to defend yourself.

The problem with this argument is that it doesn't apply to presidents because the president has the broad and unquestioned powers to declassify anything at any time without any process.
Then Trump would have a defense that the material is not classified, because he went through the process of de-classification. Unless he failed to do that ...

... which is why what Hillary did was so much worse.
Funny how conservatives keep saying "Clinton", and ignoring all the people in Congress who sent her emails.

I would plead the 5th to anything and everything. You can assume all you want. To me it is just a good practice in those situations. The more you say the more you have to resort to "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is" kind of **** to defend yourself.
Isn’t there a difference between pleading the 5th to police in a criminal investigation vs pleading the 5th to the AG in a civil lawsuit? Can’t pleading the 5th take away certain rights and privileges down the line? I’m genuinely interested in what the advantages and disadvantages might be.

Didn’t he say this? Don’t his words mean anything? Or did he change his mind? Was this one of those things we were supposed to not take literally? Was he giving out bad information here?

View: https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status/1557372813010501632?s=21&t=0U1-vkE0MGNa9jMpdbc1Tg

He is just following the best advice when speaking to any law enforcement authority: don't say anything. That is frankly what everyone should do. It is the advice of every single lawyer in the world. When interrogated, clam up and don't give them more rope to hang you. That is just common sense. The whole "you would talk if you didn't have anything to hide" is complete ******** and is exactly what cops say to get you to say things they can then use to incriminate you. Best advice in dealing with law enforcement: shut the **** up.
^^^100% this!^^^ Even former police will give this advice. Do not say anything to law enforcement. Anything you say can and will be used to prosecute you even if you are innocent. The best strategy at keeping yourself out of jail even if you are innocent with a rock solid alibi is to give nothing to law enforcement and hope a district attorney concludes that law enforcement didn't scrape together enough to continue with prosecution so they'll move on to prosecuting someone else. It is not law enforcement's job to find you innocent or to find the truth. Their job is to compile any evidence they can and pass it on to someone else who will decide what to do with it. If you are being questioned, they are not there to help you. They are not your friend. Do not talk to them.

Your advice is sound at arrest. By the time you're testifying at trial, you've hopefully consulted with a lawyer and know which questions are coming. That's different from when you are arrested.

Can’t pleading the 5th take away certain rights and privileges down the line? I’m genuinely interested in what the advantages and disadvantages might be.
No, it can't, or the right would be pointless. The only thing you are giving up is the ability to offer any testimony at all.

Your advice is sound at arrest. By the time you're testifying at trial, you've hopefully consulted with a lawyer and know which questions are coming. That's different from when you are arrested.
At trial absolutely. During the investigation say as little as possible.

You know that raids don’t happen every time there’s an investigation, right?

But you have treat everyone the same otherwise it shows bias.
Like if i steal a candy bar from the grocery store and my neighbor murders his boss then the same amount of cops should show up to each of our houses with the same search warrant. Because to do otherwise would show bias.
Different suspects, different evidence, and different crimes should all be investigated the exact same way.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The problem with this argument is that it doesn't apply to presidents because the president has the broad and unquestioned powers to declassify anything at any time without any process. Trump could have taken a box filled with copies of the most super top secret documents the US government had, decided they were no longer classified and stuck them in trunk of his car. It is a power the Secretary of State does not have which is why what Hillary did was so much worse. The issue with Trump is the Presidential Records Act which requires that all records, classified or unclassified, be preserved for the public by the National Archives and Records Administration.

If Trump had taken the only copy of something, that could land him in hot water, but using the FBI to conduct a massive raid because the National Archives thinks he might have something they don't have a copy of is an unprecedented abuse of power. There had better be more to the raid then tracking down what is essentially overdue library books because if there is not more then this is nothing short of the Democrats declaring that so long as they are in power, they have more guns and will use them for any reason against their political enemies.

Well you said it yourself. You dont know the reason for the raid. Maybe a CI told them that trump was sending classified documents to russia and that was the purpose for the raid. You and I arent privy to the investigation silly. What we do know is that trump took documents from the white house that he shouldn’t have (as you said yourself). Why would he do that? Now looking at his history we can see that he has done illegal things for financial gain in the past. Might be a good idea to get those documents out of his hands.

Isn’t there a difference between pleading the 5th to police in a criminal investigation vs pleading the 5th to the AG in a civil lawsuit? Can’t pleading the 5th take away certain rights and privileges down the line? I’m genuinely interested in what the advantages and disadvantages might be.

Didn’t he say this? Don’t his words mean anything? Or did he change his mind? Was this one of those things we were supposed to not take literally? Was he giving out bad information here?

View: https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status/1557372813010501632?s=21&t=0U1-vkE0MGNa9jMpdbc1Tg

I am not defending Trump. I know you struggle thinking outside the "us or them" dichotomy box. Trump is absolutely a hypocrite but we already knew this. That does not make his actions any less reasonable, nor does it "prove" his guilt. For the record I have no doubt he probably took documents he shouldn't have. But like anyone else there should be a presumption of innocence before pronouncing guilt. No matter how heinous the crime may be, the criminal is still entitled to their rights, all the way through the justice process, whether we like it or not.

I am saying that I think people jumping all over other people using their 5th amendment rights as automatically guilty is a false equivalency and a problem in the perceptions of our justice system. And it is generally good practice to say as little as you can until you have fully consulted with your lawyers, and even then it is best to say as little as possible.

So they carried all those boxes inside and then carried them out again? If only there was footage, like a camera the police could wear on their uniform...

This is a lie intended to only be taken seriously by stupid people, which is Trump's base, so, it's probably going to work as intended.

Well in trumper land he was the best president of all time so guaranteed they will take his side over law enforcement and believe that the fbi planted evidence. Then some of the trumpers will probably storm some government buikding and get arrested and then claim to be patriotic victims again….. after donating to the donald trump defund the democrats with badges (fbi) fund that donald uses for himself.

This is a key point

View: https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1557045330776137734?s=21&t=NLCDdzkCvuRBhcgDqpQETQ
And it’s not like this was the first time he’d ****ed around with this. For the past two years he’s been mishandling classified documents. Read my post a page or so back. This has been a continual habit of his. I think there’s some real suspicion that he was selling state secrets.

Would it really surprise anyone if he was doing this???

It would surprise me if he wasnt. What other reason might he have for taking the documents?

At trial absolutely. During the investigation say as little as possible.
That also goes for depositions in civil actions where you do have to provide answers to questions. Any good lawyer will tell you "if you are talking, you are losing". Let the lawyers do the talking.

I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with Clinton turning over her server's hard drives while Trump hid the classified documents away. It must be bias. No other explanation.[/sarcasm]

Have to handle every investigation the same. Doesnt matter if one case involves physical evidence and one involves digital evidence and those two types of evidence can be collected in two different ways. Doesnt matter if one suspect is cooperating and one isnt. Have to do each and every investigation exactly the same. Otherwise the fbi is basically just nancy pelosi and biden with badges.

Well i mean if you are in a courtroom and are innocent and have spoken with your lawyer in preperation for the case then i might want to speak to prove my innocence and get the case over wih so i dont have to continue going to court and paying my lawyer.

I am not defending Trump. I know you struggle thinking outside the "us or them" dichotomy box. Trump is absolutely a hypocrite but we already knew this. That does not make his actions any less reasonable, nor does it "prove" his guilt. For the record I have no doubt he probably took documents he shouldn't have. But like anyone else there should be a presumption of innocence before pronouncing guilt. No matter how heinous the crime may be, the criminal is still entitled to their rights, all the way through the justice process, whether we like it or not.

I am saying that I think people jumping all over other people using their 5th amendment rights as automatically guilty is a false equivalency and a problem in the perceptions of our justice system. And it is generally good practice to say as little as you can until you have fully consulted with your lawyers, and even then it is best to say as little as possible.

I dont think thriller was talking about trump pleading the fifth in regards to this search warrant being executed to retrieve the documents. I believe he was talking about trump pleading the fifth in a totally separate court case that is taking place in court.
Its hard to keep up with all the cases in trump world. There are a lot of them.