What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

The polling that has the attention of the DNC is the head-to-head of Trump versus Biden and DeSantis versus Biden. Trump can't beat Biden. DeSantis beats Biden in every poll or nearly every poll. Yes, this dog and pony show is about avoiding the DeSantis versus Biden general election.
You mean the Desantis that hasn't even said he is running? Lol.
More importantly, desantis cant beat trump in a primary. Unless of course trump is incarcerated or the negative publicity from all the indictments and court cases finally allows his minions to realize what a piece of crap crook he is. hmmm how could trump possibly get indicted and/or convicted?

Oh ya and grand jurys aren't "democrats" lol. Neither is the FBI or all the judges etc. I know you have been brainwashed to think that if someone is even a little bit critical of orange god kind that they are democrats but it simply isn't true. sorry.

grand jurys aren't "democrats" lol. Neither is the FBI or all the judges etc.
Grand Juries, the FBI, judges, etc., aren't making the decision to charge Trump for the hush payment to Stormy Daniels 8 years ago. The one going forward with the indictment is Alvin Bragg and he's not only a democrat but a bought and paid for Soros democrat. All of the straight shooters, even the democrat ones who hate Trump, all passed on this because it is an obvious losing case. You aren't going to get a conviction that stands of Trump making an illegal campaign donation to himself. This is a dirty trick by a corrupt government official improperly using his office to influence an upcoming election.

Grand Juries, the FBI, judges, etc., aren't making the decision to charge Trump for the hush payment to Stormy Daniels 8 years ago. The one going forward with the indictment is Alvin Bragg and he's not only a democrat but a bought and paid for Soros democrat. All of the straight shooters, even the democrat ones who hate Trump, all passed on this because it is an obvious losing case. You aren't going to get a conviction that stands of Trump making an illegal campaign donation to himself. This is a dirty trick by a corrupt government official improperly using his office to influence an upcoming election.
LOL. you are bought and paid for.

Would be funny if trump agreed with AL about all of this. Like instead of saying the democrats are doing this which hunt to hurt my election chances, he said that they were after him because they want to help him win the republican primary. That would be hilarious.
Here is to hoping he actually says that someday soon.

By how much? How much of an extension on the statute of limitation is provided by the COVID-19 pandemic? Do you know or did you read it in an article and never think to ask? I'm betting it is the latter and had no idea the extension was 6 months. This payment was made 8 years ago and the alleged crime is a campaign finance violation to himself.
Ironic that you're being such a stickler for me to vet out all of my statements on a basketball fan forum before posting, and yet-- again-- "the alleged crime" is an educated guess at this point. No charges have been filed, but you're acting like it's a bonafide fact and using that as context for all your arguments. Apply the same standards to yourself you place on others in these discussion threads, man.

And you conveniently truncated the full quote: "Is there a statute of limitations? There is, but the time limit was extended because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Also, the clock stops when the defendant spends an extended amount of time away from New York, as Trump did while he was in the White House." Pay attention to the second half of that. I'm not sure where you're getting the 8-years thing, but Cohen paid $130k to Stormy Daniels in October 2016-- about 6.5 years ago. If Trump entered office in January 2017 (the same month Trump Org. started monthly payments back to Cohen), the statute of limitations wouldn't start counting until he left office in January 2021. Even if this were a misdemeanor charge, that 2-year clock is still ticking, adding in your 6-month Covid exception. If it's a felony charge (I admit I have no idea), then there's lots of time left to pursue this.

I'm happy to hear where my thinking is off-- do your worst.

Last edited:
Ironic that you're being such a stickler for me to vet out all of my statements on a basketball fan form before posting, and yet-- again-- "the alleged crime" is an educated guess at this point. No charges have been filed, but you're acting like it's a bonafide fact and using that as context for all your arguments. Apply the same standards to yourself you place on others in these discussion threads, man.

And you conveniently truncated the full quote: "Is there a statute of limitations? There is, but the time limit was extended because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Also, the clock stops when the defendant spends an extended amount of time away from New York, as Trump did while he was in the White House." Pay attention to the second half of that. I'm not sure where you're getting the 8-years thing, but Cohen paid $130k to Stormy Daniels in October 2016-- about 6.5 years ago. If Trump entered office in January 2017 (the same month Trump Org. started monthly payments back to Cohen), the statute of limitations wouldn't start counting until he left office in January 2021. Even if this were a misdemeanor charge, that 2-year clock is still ticking, adding in your 6-month Covid exception. If it's a felony charge (I admit I have no idea), then there's lots of time left to pursue this.

I'm happy to hear where my thinking is off-- do your worst.
Oh weird. What a shock. Al has his facts all wrong… again. Maybe @Al-O-Meter aka Capt Dumbass should create another thread to debate statute of limitations, just as he did about our country being a democracy?

Al is the living breathing example of what happens when you let tribalism rot out your brains. Everything he says is dependent on the crap opinion media he consumes that confirm his biases rather than being curious and learning actual facts and evidence. He’s just lost touch with reality.

Last edited:
People accusing the DA of being political or of this being a purely politically agenda driven case, correct me if I'm wrong but that is a huge part of why we use a grand jury for felony charges. The grand jury looks at the basic evidence and without making any assessment of innocence or guilt they decide if the case has enough merit to go to trial. Grand Jurys are part of the checks and balances that uses ordinary citizens to look at charges with the intent of preventing personal grudges, biases, or political motivations from being the basis of criminal charges. The case has to have enough merit on it's own to get past a grand jury.

This is a bit random, but this guy is pretty entertaining in general.

People accusing the DA of being political or of this being a purely politically agenda driven case, correct me if I'm wrong but that is a huge part of why we use a grand jury for felony charges. The grand jury looks at the basic evidence and without making any assessment of innocence or guilt they decide if the case has enough merit to go to trial. Grand Jurys are part of the checks and balances that uses ordinary citizens to look at charges with the intent of preventing personal grudges, biases, or political motivations from being the basis of criminal charges. The case has to have enough merit on it's own to get past a grand jury.

This is a bit random, but this guy is pretty entertaining in general.

Yes. To answer your question, yes. There are a lot of Checks and balances here. Even many Trumpers aren’t denying that trump broke the law here. They just complain that Trump’s indictment is political. We’re reaching the Ukraine Blackmail stage of denial. Just like they stopped denying that he blackmailed Zelensky. They’re reaching the pt of Mick Mulvaney, “Yeah we did it. Get over it. The judge just has it in for orange god king. Whatabout (insert Clinton/Biden/Obama).”

And it’s totally Trumpian to think that the DA, judge, the cops, the grand jury, the grand jury’s pets, and everyone has it in for Trump. If Democrats were really so powerful, think they would’ve been prevented by SinemaManchin for the past 2 years in passing some of the most popular legislation among liberals? How did they lose the House in 2022? Think Biden would’ve been the nominee in 2020? They wouldn’t have lost in 2016. Hell, we would’ve had a single payer health care system by now instead of Obamacare.

Democrats can’t be all powerful AND incompetent. Yet Trumpers seem to think so. The FBI, media, social media (even though they’re in the pocket of Trump/Trump friendly because he keeps the clicks coming) etc all have it in for Trump.

With every accusation by many Trumpers, is a confession. They complain about the media’s corruption but really they’re just describing Tucker and Fox News. RW media lies to them and make fun of them in private. They complain about corrupt politicians when really it’s Trump fleecing his own supporters. Sending them to jail in attempts to avoid jail time. They complain about corrupt judges while ignoring Bill Barr and the way he distorted the DOJ to save Trump’s ***. Every accusation is a confession.

Last edited:
Another article about it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...1&cvid=4dc6b74e53f64765a46972a3073f814e&ei=47

Jesus Christ never made hush money payments to an adult film star, bragged about grabbing women's genitals, or incited a deadly riot after telling his supporters falsehoods about the results of a presidential election.

Despite this, reports Vice News, many Christian Trump supporters are now explicitly drawing comparisons between former President Donald Trump and Jesus Christ, as they see the looming indictments hanging over the former president as the same kind of persecution that Christ suffered at the hands of the Romans.

"Rome tried to silence a peaceful leader via political persecution, and ended up creating the most pervasive and permanent religious figure in all of world history."

Trump has picked up on his supporters' view of him as a Christ-like figure and has incorporated language appealing to that belief into his speeches.

“This language is just going to keep reinforcing the narrative that your cultural and religious enemies are politically persecuting you,” he explained. “Trump is an exemplar of how ‘your political enemies are persecuting you, we have to do something about it.'"

Not a cult

Poor trump. He thought everyone would be so upset about his possible indictment that is worshisppers would show up in droves to protest.

But on Tuesday only a handful of pro-Trump supporters showed up outside the Manhattan Criminal Court and there was no reports of violence.

The small group was outnumbered by counterprotesters in support of an indictment for the former president – a Manhattan native who achieved just over 12 per cent of the vote in his former home borough in the 2020 election.

Those demonstrators called for Mr Trump’s arrest, chanting: “No one is above the law.”

It was not the type of protest Mr Trump was likely hoping for.

All things that can be said about Hitler, to my understanding.
Yes, to my understanding as well. If I’m unfairly assuming McBride might be coming from a Christofascist mindset instead, certainly no evidence from those words in and of themselves, caps or not, or from say the perspective of the film The Trump Prophesy, which is odd, but maybe just a strange benign belief, well, that’s my bad to assume either. But I did, though, I did assume he was probably speaking from some strange blend of Trump-America-Christian God, because I’m concerned by the fusion of American uber-nationalism with the Christian faith. I don’t like its direction, I see it a lot, strikes me as potentially dangerous, kind of thing that leads to really useless wars and domestic cruelty. But he could just be a loving man, of course…

I will say, as a more or less agnostic/Christian/mormon this kind of **** about the chosen one and cults and Jesus picking Trump as his go-to *****-grabber certainly casts the entire faith in a really bad light. I mean, there isn't a single major christian denomination that has spoken out against this corruption and immorality as a group, not one. I would have hoped the Mormons would have spoken out or something, but they are also silent on the matter as a group. Considering the damage this is doing to the entire christian movement I would hope at least one formal group would take an official stand to defend the core tenets of the religion against this kind of, well let's call it what it is, blasphemy. Certainly disappointing to say the least.

And frankly, even though I fully acknowledge that the mormons have their issues and inconsistencies and downright contradiction, I am really disappointed in how many I know personally that don't just tolerate Trump but also fully support him and espouse his political agenda. Oh they say "well I don't like everything about Trump, but he has done the tough things that needed to be done," but when you ask what they don't like and what needed to be done they hem and haw because putting it into words essentially sounds almost exactly like "he maintains the supremacy of the white man in America, he puts women in their place, and I am a barely-closeted racist". And as soon as they hear it, they recognize it briefly before backpedaling fast enough to win the Tour de France in reverse. Then they just repeat the cultish mantra "but he has done what needed to be done, but I don't like everything he does." This has become the "I have a black friend" claim to show you aren't a racist but for Trumpian white-supremacist sexist and borderline fascist politics. It is ****ing mind-boggling.

At least the ones I respect the most, like my dad, recognize it for what it is and are fully against it. For that I am happy. But when will some big group of christians stand up for the supposed christian tenets and values against what is obviously a full subversion of what they claim to hold most dear. Love thy neighbor as thyself, as long as the stay in their place. ****ing sickening.

Last edited:
I will say, as a more or less agnostic/Christian/mormon this kind of **** about the chosen one and cults and Jesus picking Trump as his go-to *****-grabber certainly casts the entire faith in a really bad light. I mean, there isn't a single major christian denomination that has spoken out against this corruption and immorality as a group, not one. I would have hoped the Mormons would have spoken out or something, but they are also silent on the matter as a group.
Not only have none of these religious groups spoken out against trumps corruption and immorality but they actually praise him instead which is even worse. I would rather they simply be quiet and look the other way regarding trumps corruption and immorality but instead you have a mormon utah governor comparing trump to moroni from the book of mormon and licking his boots just like any other trump worshipper for hells sake.