What's new

Donovan’s last day as Jazzman

ESPN is the FOX news of sports. DM was not unhappy with the Jazz a year ago. He was unhappy with Rudy joking around about the virus and then when he got it he got even more mad at Rudy. It had nothing to do with the organization. ESPN wants DM to go to NY so they can make more money.
Lol, Donovan is clearly the one who wanted this drama out there. All you had to do was watch his interview and social media feeds Sunday. **** him.

PLEASE-COME-AGAIN.jpg
Random fact, I know the girl in this photo.

Raja Bell on The Ringer podcast: "Donovan's coming out and making it public. That doesn't have to be anything anyone has to know, even if you are frustrated like Donovan. If you really care about that organization and your relationship is really healthy.......It doesn't come out, even if you are upset and it got ****ed up, I think there's something there, I'm not sure how much, but it shouldn't get out."

Y’all love throwing this aside but it’s absolutely what is thought more widely around NBA circles. The NY thing is something everyone, it’s not nothing. And he is mounting excuses to say “I’m out” as soon as he can. Watch the last couple minutes of this convo from today with Jay Williams. Quotes towards the end “he just never seems happy in SLC” “it just sounds like to me he’s trying to go to NY” There’s a reason people are baffled by the current drama, because it’s ridiculous. They’re being extra cautious not telling him to go hurt himself.

With the situation in New York he could have just not taken the Jazz's offer and waited for the inevitable NY offer, or forced a sign-and-trade to NY. They would have loved to add him to their roster and would have likely jumped at the chance. He did none of the above. Please explain.

With the

Situation in New York he could have just not taken the Jazz's offer and waited for the inevitable NY offer, or forced a sign-and-trade to NY. He did none of the above. Please explain.
He was a restricted free agent, and we both know it's not that simple. Let's wait on this summer.

He was a restricted free agent, and we both know it's not that simple. Let's wait on this summer.
It's absolutely that simple. Players and teams have done that countless times in the past. Exactly that scenario restricted or not. If he and NY had ties that tight they could have gone to the Jazz and worked it out. What's more far-fetched is that they have some gangland-level conspiracy under the table just waiting for their chance to drop the jazz and make their move to get Mitchell to the chosen land of NY.

It's absolutely that simple. Players and teams have done that countless times in the past. Exactly that scenario restricted or not. If he and NY had ties that tight they could have gone to the Jazz and worked it out. What's more far-fetched is that they have some gangland-level conspiracy under the table just waiting for their chance to drop the jazz and make their move to get Mitchell to the chosen land of NY.
I’ve never said there is a conspiracy, I’m simply saying when he asks out, that’s where he’s going to ask to be traded to and the Knicks are absolutely watching this closet right now. As Raja mentioned, if you love your organization, and have a good relationship you don’t do what he did publicly. And no, the financial ramifications of being traded or not signing the contract as a RFA aren’t the same. It’s why literally no players do it. He is the first player to ever strong arm the team into a player option under the current CBA though.

Not that I agree with oneye, but a player coming off their rookie deal would have to be beyond stupid to turn down a max extension to force their way off a team and it almost never happens.

Raja Bell on The Ringer podcast: "Donovan's coming out and making it public. That doesn't have to be anything anyone has to know, even if you are frustrated like Donovan. If you really care about that organization and your relationship is really healthy.......It doesn't come out, even if you are upset and it got ****ed up, I think there's something there, I'm not sure how much, but it shouldn't get out."

If he really wanted out after all of the self inflicted drama I would not allow him to play and fine him for any practice missed and potential conduct detrimental to the team. Daily.

This is very simple sir. Sign the contract while stacking tea leaves and drama until he finds enough excuses to ask out. You get your money and your way. He got a player option as well, which he fought for quite hard btw. It will come, and it won't be as far off as any of you think. You get all the money, and you know you aren't actually locked in that contract if you say "I want a trade".
You are making some of the dumbest takes in Jazzfanz history (and I'm a good reference for that because I've probably been here longer than anyone except Jason). All you're going on is speculation because you don't like the guy. Jay Will also is speculating and making a case on that. Just like Trump alleging voter fraud. But what is the evidence? There is none. Heck, I'm from NY too and if DM doesn't like Utah, it's understandable. But the fact is DM has never said he doesn't like it here. He has never thrown the team under the bus. And with the Rudy fiasco, it was Rudy who made the mistake. Face it, you don't like the guy. Funny, that you are probably the only one here who doesn't. Maybe the problem is you and not Donovan. And so is Raja. If I remember correctly, Raja threw the Jazz under the bus when he went to Phoenix.

Not only dumb but mean spirited. Maybe he does want out. I'm sure if he did there would be lots of teams who would've paid him. I think it's simply that he wanted to play. We'll see if he's ready tomorrow night and if he is, then we know that there is something else going on. But to trash a Jazz player who has done everything right during the time he is here in such a forceful and aggressive manner, even if you're right is going to make you even more unpopular than me.

Last edited:
If he really wanted out after all of the self inflicted drama I would not allow him to play and fine him for any practice missed and potential conduct detrimental to the team. Daily.
The team is not in a position to do that. The optics of it aren't good to other players. It amazes me some of those here want to excuse Donovan's behavior. The dude has put the franchise in a horrible position multiple times in the last year.

You are making some of the dumbest takes in Jazzfanz history (and I'm a good reference for that because I've probably been here longer than anyone except Jason). All you're going on is speculation because you don't like the guy. Jay Will also is speculating and making a case on that. Just like Trump alleging voter fraud. But what is the evidence? There is none. Heck, I'm from NY too and if DM doesn't like Utah, it's understandable. But the fact is DM has never said he doesn't like it here. He has never thrown the team under the bus. And with the Rudy fiasco, it was Rudy who made the mistake. Face it, you don't like the guy. Funny, that you are probably the only one here who doesn't. Maybe the problem is you and not Donovan. And so is Raja. If I remember correctly, Raja threw the Jazz under the bus when he went to Phoenix.

Not only dumb but mean spirited. Maybe he does want out. I'm sure if he did there would be lots of teams who would've paid him. I think it's simply that he wanted to play. We'll see if he's ready tomorrow night and if he is, then we know that there is something else going on. But to trash a Jazz player who has done everything right during the time he is here in such a forceful and aggressive manner, even if you're right is going to make you even more unpopular than me.
My take there, has literally been reported on how agents view things. You sign, get the money you want, and then ask for a trade. We all know how this happens. Harden had a contract too. Welcome to the NBA. They don't mean anything. You're truly delusional if you think the contract means anything other than "got my money".

Y’all love throwing this aside but it’s absolutely what is thought more widely around NBA circles. The NY thing is something everyone, it’s not nothing. And he is mounting excuses to say “I’m out” as soon as he can. Watch the last couple minutes of this convo from today with Jay Williams. Quotes towards the end “he just never seems happy in SLC” “it just sounds like to me he’s trying to go to NY” There’s a reason people are baffled by the current drama, because it’s ridiculous. They’re being extra cautious not telling him to go hurt himself.

I like J-Will and think he's a good basketball mind but I think he's overreacting here - especially without any source(s).

If it's an issue aside from frustration of wanting to play then nothing will cure this faster than winning the series - which will happen.

I like J-Will and think he's a good basketball mind but I think he's overreacting here - especially without any source(s).

If it's an issue aside from frustration of wanting to play then nothing will cure this faster than winning the series - which will happen.
You think he's over-reacting because its the best player on your team he's talking about.

J-Will is merely expressing an opinion that it's better to be safe than sorry, as the saying goes. And perhaps the Medical Staff felt it better to err on the side of caution. But look at Chris Paul, LeBron, AD -- they're all injured and probably worse than Donovan, and they are playing. We don't really know why they decided to keep him out; they didn't give an explanation, and to me, that is the problem.

This may be the dumbest post I have ever read on this site.

This is dumb, but have you read he-who-must-not-be-named say his team won because they won 3 quarters when the finals score shows the jazz won with a higher final score?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz