What's new

Donovan Mitchell - CRT and Off Court Racial Issues were Draining

I’m just putting what he said in more plain text. See, he just kindly said “I don’t like white people”. He’s a racist POS and should be called such. Also apparently treated his ex quite bad. What a wonderful PR campaign though am I right?
Him preferring the company of his own race, would be completely justified, if the majority of people outside his own race, were in his experiences in Utah, as hateful, vengeful, and full of **** on average as individuals like yourself.
I don't believe he is a racist at all, I do think he thinks a lot of White people are though which isn't the same at all.

You know what’s in his mind? He’s never said “I missed a shot because there were white guys in the stands”.

You see victim mentality among some white men who blame their failures on everything but themselves.
It's not my fault I see it like that.

It will be interesting to see the reception tonight for Donovan. He might get a lot of boos. Hopefully not, I think that would be petty and make our team uncomfortable.

I like that Donovan talked about things like going to high school basketball games, because he knows what it would have meant to him when he was in high school having a NBA star show up. I think his heart is in the right place but his speaking out for racial equality made it us vs. them and in Utah there were a lot of "them". He felt uncomfortable being outnumbered and seeing so few people of color in the crowd. And he let certain assholes affect his opinion of Utah. He shouldn't have painted Utahns with such broad stokes, IMO.

It will be interesting to see the reception tonight for Donovan. He might get a lot of boos. Hopefully not, I think that would be petty and make our team uncomfortable.
His shoes got booed. He’s gonna get some boos.
I like that Donovan talked about things like going to high school basketball games, because he knows what it would have meant to him when he was in high school having a NBA star show up. I think his heart is in the right place but his speaking out for racial equality made it us vs. them and in Utah there were a lot of "them". He felt uncomfortable being outnumbered and seeing so few people of color in the crowd. And he let certain assholes affect his opinion of Utah. He shouldn't have painted Utahns with such broad stokes, IMO.
Wait so if a white person says “I feel uncomfortable being around all these black people”……not racist right? Also, he felt so uncomfortable around white people he went to school at one of the most expensive schools in the nation that is around 75-80% white enrollment every year.

Wait so if a white person says “I feel uncomfortable being around all these black people”……not racist right? Also, he felt so uncomfortable around white people he went to school at one of the most expensive schools in the nation that is around 75-80% white enrollment every year.
I agree, he made it about color didn't he? How it's nice in Cleveland to have more people of color and how white Utah is. But I get it. There were riots going on, Trumptards being Trumptards, covid curveball, etc. He also put himself out there as a social justice warrior, which is commendable, IMO, but brings with it a lot of stress.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree, he made it about color didn't he? How it's nice in Cleveland to have more people of color and how white Utah is. But I get it. There were riots going on, Trumptards being Trumptards, covid curveball, etc. He also put himself out there as a social justice warrior, which is commendable, IMO, but brings with it a lot of stress.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
You didn't address the direct question.

Donovan was authentic and caring unlike Hayward. He may get some boos but they won't last. He will likely get a lot of cheers.
Nah....out of the two of them? Hayward was definitely more real in his personality and the things he said. Hayward never gave much, if any indication he was sticking around. He screwed the franchise quite a bit, which is why I hate him, but he was way more authentically himself than Donovan was.

Him preferring the company of his own race, would be completely justified, if the majority of people outside his own race, were in his experiences in Utah, as hateful, vengeful, and full of **** on average as individuals like yourself.
I don't believe he is a racist at all, I do think he thinks a lot of White people are though which isn't the same at all.
I've lived in California, Texas, Utah and Alabama.
Utah by far had the most blatant racism I've heard openly. I'm a white guy that shaves his balding head and is heavily tattooed. So I guess they think I'm ok to "be honest".

Rather than booing Mitchell, people who dislike him should be extra loud in support of Neto.

Why? Neto was awesome and for some reason it’s funnier.

There's a world of difference between "It's comforting having more black people around" (what Donovan was saying) vs "I feel uncomfortable around all these white people" (what you're claming he said).

Don was a godsend at the time we traded for him. He brought excitement and energy to the franchise when most thought we'd be in the dumps for years recovering from Haywood. There were the occasions when he showed up to community events and such. He deserves to be applauded and I'm sure the organization will treat him right. There were some things he said that were mildly abrasive (and his opinion which he's entitled to, as are each of us) but it's time to move on. This new team and the future is mighty bright imho.

There's a world of difference between "It's comforting having more black people around" (what Donovan was saying) vs "I feel uncomfortable around all these white people" (what you're claming he said).
No there's not lol. Notice how you won't answer the direct question because when you stop for a second to think you realize what moronic hacks you people are? Let me ask you it this way then douche......if a white person who had lived in a predominantly black area moved and stated "It's nice to be around white people again".....that wouldn't be racist? Correct? Or.....the truth here......you're just hacks who wanna rationalize racism because you wanna virtue signal and pander?

You didn't tell Oneye that he can be uncomfortable as he/she wants around black people. Your.....mistake?
Notice how none of you are willing to directly answer the question because you know so blatantly you'll be contradicting yourselves? You're a bunch of pandering, virtue signaling losers.

Don was a godsend at the time we traded for him. He brought excitement and energy to the franchise when most thought we'd be in the dumps for years recovering from Haywood. There were the occasions when he showed up to community events and such. He deserves to be applauded and I'm sure the organization will treat him right. There were some things he said that were mildly abrasive (and his opinion which he's entitled to, as are each of us) but it's time to move on. This new team and the future is mighty bright imho.
He deserves the reaction from each fan however they feel.

I didn't answer this before because I thought it was rhetorical.

Yes, feeling uncomfortable when you are surrounded by marginalized people is racist/sexist/ableist/etc. (depending on the the people in question). It's being completely unaware that the marginalized people have more reason to fear you. Feeling uncomfortable when surrounded by more privileged people is normal and healthy.

75-80% white at school feels very different from 75% white where you live.

When one city is getting bashed, that tends to be the response.

When I was growing up, the joke in Sugarhouse was that the Vatican would eventually get a phone call from Jesus Christ saying, "what up, bro? I'm in the 801."

There's just a little something extra special on every insult when "Zion" is your city's preferred nickname.

Sure, people are territorial. People are defensive about the place that they're from. But this place was supposed to be special. And when I say "special", I mean "Enoch moving mountains and turning rivers out of their course" special.

Salt Lake City is supposed to be the most christ-like place on Earth because it's supposed to be directly associated with Christ. Instead, outsiders come here and discover that it is typically American.

Which is absolutely backwards when you consider the fact that the United States originally beat up and kicked out the people that settled this valley.