What's new

Donovan Mitchell Trade Threads

It sucks that we're even having this conversation. We have two all-stars under contract for three more years after this one. In a better world, we would be trying to figure out how to re-tool around them, not tear it all down. It's too bad Don and Rudy just can't seem to get along.
We should be, if the FO had any idea how to do that. But it has been made abundantly clear they don't. And even if we luck into some good pieces, no way in ****ing hell Quin will change anything for an advantage.

Quin and Mitchell need to go.

Jettisoning DM and doing an OKC-like rebuild is sounding better by the day.

DM isn’t a clutch player. Doesn’t mean he sucks, but the honeymoon is over and if NY or someone wants to give us draft riches, I’m ready to listen.

Jettisoning DM and doing an OKC-like rebuild is sounding better by the day.

DM isn’t a clutch player. Doesn’t mean he sucks, but the honeymoon is over and if NY or someone wants to give us draft riches, I’m ready to listen.
It’s just so weird…DM was clutch his rookie year. Then he’s gotten less clutch every year till now where he is hot trash garbage in the clutch.

DM definitely needs to be traded absolute hopeless clutch player let some other team deal with it we can take a bevy of 1st round draft picks for him take it while we can and rebuild

I’m all for sending Donovan and Royce in a deal for Dame. Who says no?

We can keep Royce if Quin leaves. But if Quin stays, yeah we have to trade Royce.

Any chance DM is intentionally playing like trash in order to create momentum for a trade?

No way Portland would accept this trade. LILLARD is a legit star
Portland would accept that in a New York minute dog. Dame in his mid thirties at like 50m per year for a multi year deal, or Don right before he enters his prime at like $30m a year with a few more years left?

If someone doesn’t make that deal it’s either cause they are all in for the next year with no regard for the future, or they’re an idiot. Nothing in between.

Who’s going to get Ayton the ball?? This is a horrible idea
Who’s gonna get Ayton the ball? Don, or a secondary playmaker like I suggested. Could be Conley if we kept him, however I’d prefer someone bigger and younger if possible. Ayton is a great player, seems like a good personality, we’d be younger, Ayton is more well rounded, has a solid 2 way game, still lots of growth potential. It’s not far fetched in the slightest, I’m not suggesting vucevic here.

I just don’t think it’s smart to trade away an all-nba caliber guard with 3 years left, before his prime, only to go into a rebuild and hope you get another guy that’s as good but with a different personality. Not too mention the difficulty of getting all of a good supporting cast for that player. Statistically, that has got to be a horrible gamble; an emotional move without an objective calculation.

Earlier this year everyone was talking about how Brown and Tatum might need to break it up, what a gigantic mistake that would’ve been, and it’s only been like 2 months since they turned it around and they dominate. Get Don and Rudy and the right prices around them and we’ll kill. I’d much rather take a 2nd-3rd round annual contender than 8 ****** lottery years followed by 5 years of trying before the cycle repeats itself.

If we traded one I’d be interested in Rudy for Ayton, then go after Jeramy grant. running it back with Don, ayton, grant, and bogey looks promising to me, then get some secondary playmaker to put next to Don that’s taller than 6’3”.

Don’t think if we trade one we are totally out, that seems like an over reaction to me.

Why would Phoenix trade Ayton for Gobert?

Who’s gonna get Ayton the ball? Don, or a secondary playmaker like I suggested. Could be Conley if we kept him, however I’d prefer someone bigger and younger if possible. Ayton is a great player, seems like a good personality, we’d be younger, Ayton is more well rounded, has a solid 2 way game, still lots of growth potential. It’s not far fetched in the slightest, I’m not suggesting vucevic here.

I just don’t think it’s smart to trade away an all-nba caliber guard with 3 years left, before his prime, only to go into a rebuild and hope you get another guy that’s as good but with a different personality. Not too mention the difficulty of getting all of a good supporting cast for that player. Statistically, that has got to be a horrible gamble; an emotional move without an objective calculation.

Earlier this year everyone was talking about how Brown and Tatum might need to break it up, what a gigantic mistake that would’ve been, and it’s only been like 2 months since they turned it around and they dominate. Get Don and Rudy and the right prices around them and we’ll kill. I’d much rather take a 2nd-3rd round annual contender than 8 ****** lottery years followed by 5 years of trying before the cycle repeats itself.
Great, now we only need to score 130 a night to win consistently