What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

22 points (3-5 from 3), 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 1 turnover in 31 minutes.
Last game of the year sadly

AB is really the great unknown this year, what is he going to bring to the table? how is Quin going to use him? is he going to ride the pine like last year or has he rehabilitated himself?

AB is really the great unknown this year, what is he going to bring to the table? how is Quin going to use him? is he going to ride the pine like last year or has he rehabilitated himself?

Jazz are so deep at the main position that AB plays with DM, X, Royce, Allen and Burks all fighting for some 2 guard minutes.

I think Burks rides the pine when the team is healthy. I think Quin made a decision a while back to go with some other guys over Burks and it will stay that way.
Might not be a bad idea to showcase him a bit though to up his value for a trade deadline acquisition.
I hope he gets some PT. This is a contract year for him and he has always had swagger/confidence. He is a gamer that just might step up and play his best with the pressure of a new contract looming.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he played great and then gave the jazz a discount on his next contract. He seems like the type that would be willing to sacrifice a bit of money to stay where he is wanted and comfortable. I think it all comes down to playing time though to make him happy more so than money. He just wants to play. I don’t think the jazz can offer him the playing time that he might be able to find elsewhere.

Burks 2018 playoffs per 36 numbers: 24.6 points, 5.1 assists, 7.2 rebounds, 2.5 turnovers. 47% from the field, 45% from 3, and 87% from the line.

DM per 36 numbers in the playoffs: 23.5 points, 4.0 assists, 5.7 rebounds, 2.8 turnovers. 42% from the field, 31% from 3, 91% from the line.

Burks has been healthy for quite a while now and is entering a contract year. I hope he sees the court plenty.

I keep hoping that we will have a certain lineup that can at times take advantage of AB skill set. Maybe a lineup that needs more players that can create on the fly. Exum's speed and AB when our offense breaks down.

Favourite press conference of the year.

We're not leaving until somebody asks AB a question.

AB "I just made winning plays, thats all"

I love love love that post game! So easy to love this Jazz team.

^Lol.
Yep, project Burks based on garbage time in the playoffs. He is CLEARLY better than Donovan. I suggest trading Mitchell now while his value is at an all-time high. We can have Burks at $11m/per. Mitchell is probably going to be eligible for the super max. Save that extra cash so Lindsey can offer a max contract to someone else.

^Lol.
Yep, project Burks based on garbage time in the playoffs. He is CLEARLY better than Donovan. I suggest trading Mitchell now while his value is at an all-time high. We can have Burks at $11m/per. Mitchell is probably going to be eligible for the super max. Save that extra cash so Lindsey can offer a max contract to someone else.
The playoffs were a minute ago, but I don't think Burks was just stat padding during garbage time. And no one, NO ONE, is making any kind of argument about AB > DM. But AB =/= garbage.

^Lol.

Wait, someone said that Burks is better than donovan? Whoever said that is a dumbass..... or you are a dumbass for thinking someone said that.

The post I made was simply showing that AB played quite well in his time on court in the playoffs. Nothing more.

What's unknown? He isnt going to play unless an injury happens. If he plays he will play like he has played his entire career. He has his moments. I think he can be a rotation player somewhere, but Utah is too deep for that to happen here.

^Lol.
It appears you don't know what garbage time is.

Yes, I read his post that I responded to.

The guy had 17 and 6 in a playoff win against the Rockets though. He had more memorable moments for himself than a miss. It was a terrible hater take.
Okay. I totally missed the hate but I guess you're right. I like Burks. I wish things had gone better for him here. I was super impressed by his playoff performance.

Yet another plus from Mitchell. As far as I can tell he is staying very active with several team mates.

There was the whole Vegas SL squad. And his IG has shown Gobert, O’Neale, Favors and Bradley.

I hope Burks can fit the pieces together. With injury and DNP-CDs he has had a hard time finding a stride. It doesn't help that more often than not when he is on the court he makes boneheaded decisions a lot of the time and plays too recklessly. If he can play under control, make better reads and better decisions, and focus on efficiency over circus-performances, he could really have a break-out year and could potentially be in the running for MIP. In short, if we can get the playoffs Burks 80% if the time, it could be special.

With the log-jam at the wing though, I expect we might look to move someone before the deadline for assets or cap space for the coming 2019 free agency. But if he breaks out it could make our bench one of, if not the, most dangerous in the league.

I hope Burks can fit the pieces together. With injury and DNP-CDs he has had a hard time finding a stride. It doesn't help that more often than not when he is on the court he makes boneheaded decisions a lot of the time and plays too recklessly. If he can play under control, make better reads and better decisions, and focus on efficiency over circus-performances, he could really have a break-out year and could potentially be in the running for MIP. In short, if we can get the playoffs Burks 80% if the time, it could be special.

With the log-jam at the wing though, I expect we might look to move someone before the deadline for assets or cap space for the coming 2019 free agency. But if he breaks out it could make our bench one of, if not the, most dangerous in the league.
I don’t think he played out of control last year

Not sure where else to post this, but Mitchell is working out with CP3 at the Rockets' facility. He's also playing at Harden's celebrity softball game.

db82gsd6cig11.jpg