What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

If we do not ensure we can lock him down to finishing his 20-year career all here in Utah I might have to pick a new team. Best player, on and off the court, we have had in a LONG time. Might already be the best community guy we have ever had period.

Donovan continues to walk on water.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...w-a-highlight-of-utah-jazz-charity-event.html

Jody Genessy: Donovan Mitchell interview a highlight of Utah Jazz charity event

SALT LAKE CITY — Before Donovan Mitchell captivated yet another Utah audience with his charm and demeanor, Vivint Smart Home president Alex Dunn had a story to tell about a time he was almost famous.

“I don’t usually get noticed in public,” Dunn told a crowd of about 500 attending a charity event Monday night at Vivint Arena.

“So,” he continued, “when I came into the charity (event) I was pretty excited. There were a bunch of kids rushing me and I thought, ‘Wow. I’m famous!’”

That moment of fame was fleeting, Dunn admitted to the Game Night audience in attendance to help support autism awareness and rub shoulders with Jazz players.

How long did it last?

“Until I turned around and Donovan was standing behind me,” he said, “and they all ran by me.”

Gordon Hayward jerseys in Beehive State sporting goods stores know how he feels.

During the program portion of the Game Night with the Utah Jazz event — formerly the Leapin’ Leaners and Hightops charity shindig — Mitchell played a different role than usual. The star guard conducted a heartwarming interview with an autistic teenager, 15-year-old Mason.

The 12-minute session was one of the highlights of a night that included basketball games, locker room tours, golf simulator play, board games, video games, Hollywood-style games and interactions with Jazz players, an entertaining Family Feud duel between teams captained by Joe Ingles and Jae Crowder vs. Royce O’Neale and Georges Niang, and a silent auction.

The night was in line with the late Larry H. Miller’s philanthropic mantra, “Go about doing good until there’s too much good in the world.”

Mitchell willingly did his part on this night — as usual. It was a cause that hits close to home for him, too. He has a 16-year-old cousin with autism, so he was touched that the Miller family, Vivint and the Jazz organization put on a fundraiser like this.

“It’s awesome to see an event like this where we’re giving back to kids who need it,” said Mitchell, whose cousin was excited to meet him this summer after they hadn’t seen each other in three years. “Not a lot of people do that in the world, not enough people do that in the world.”

Mitchell then played the role of reporter — a noble calling — and asked the ninth-grader some questions.

Some highlights:

What is your favorite sport?

Basketball, football, baseball and soccer.

Which sports do you play?

Tackle football. I’m thinking I’m going to join the basketball team. (Mitchell jokingly responded, “I couldn’t play football. I didn’t like getting hit.”)

Favorite sports team?

My favorite sports team is BYU. “Any BYU fans?” (Scattered cheers.) Mitchell joked that he didn’t want to cause any problems by asking about BYU and Utah in this setting.

Who is your favorite Utah Jazz player?

Mason: “Well, I was going to say Rudy Gobert, but …” (Laughs)

Mitchell: “I like that answer.”

Mason went on to correctly name mascots for BYU (Cougars), Clemson (Tigers), Duke (Blue Devils — an answer Mitchell admitted his coach, former Dookie Quin Snyder, would like), Arizona State (Sun Devils) and the Jazz player’s favorite, Louisville (Cardinals).

When Mason said he was considering growing up to be a postman or a police officer, Mitchell informed the teen that he wanted to be a firefighter when he was younger. “Every time I see a fire truck, I have to stop to watch it drive by.”

When Mason said he was nervous trying to get around his high school (Juab in Nephi), Mitchell thoughtfully empathized by telling him, “I didn’t know where to go, either.”

Mitchell concluded the interview by telling Mason, “You’re an inspiration.”

An ever-growing portion of Utah feels the same way about Mitchell.

26239_large_zpsu91oa5yy.jpg

Someone put Mitchell's face on this kid in this video. I think it's awesome. Post Malone certainly doesn't write the best lyrics, but I generally like his songs and he's a silly mf that makes me giggle.

Donovan Mitchell is my sunflower.

Donovan continues to walk on water.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...w-a-highlight-of-utah-jazz-charity-event.html

Jody Genessy: Donovan Mitchell interview a highlight of Utah Jazz charity event

SALT LAKE CITY — Before Donovan Mitchell captivated yet another Utah audience with his charm and demeanor, Vivint Smart Home president Alex Dunn had a story to tell about a time he was almost famous.

“I don’t usually get noticed in public,” Dunn told a crowd of about 500 attending a charity event Monday night at Vivint Arena.

“So,” he continued, “when I came into the charity (event) I was pretty excited. There were a bunch of kids rushing me and I thought, ‘Wow. I’m famous!’”

That moment of fame was fleeting, Dunn admitted to the Game Night audience in attendance to help support autism awareness and rub shoulders with Jazz players.

How long did it last?

“Until I turned around and Donovan was standing behind me,” he said, “and they all ran by me.”

Gordon Hayward jerseys in Beehive State sporting goods stores know how he feels.

During the program portion of the Game Night with the Utah Jazz event — formerly the Leapin’ Leaners and Hightops charity shindig — Mitchell played a different role than usual. The star guard conducted a heartwarming interview with an autistic teenager, 15-year-old Mason.

The 12-minute session was one of the highlights of a night that included basketball games, locker room tours, golf simulator play, board games, video games, Hollywood-style games and interactions with Jazz players, an entertaining Family Feud duel between teams captained by Joe Ingles and Jae Crowder vs. Royce O’Neale and Georges Niang, and a silent auction.

The night was in line with the late Larry H. Miller’s philanthropic mantra, “Go about doing good until there’s too much good in the world.”

Mitchell willingly did his part on this night — as usual. It was a cause that hits close to home for him, too. He has a 16-year-old cousin with autism, so he was touched that the Miller family, Vivint and the Jazz organization put on a fundraiser like this.

“It’s awesome to see an event like this where we’re giving back to kids who need it,” said Mitchell, whose cousin was excited to meet him this summer after they hadn’t seen each other in three years. “Not a lot of people do that in the world, not enough people do that in the world.”

Mitchell then played the role of reporter — a noble calling — and asked the ninth-grader some questions.

Some highlights:

What is your favorite sport?

Basketball, football, baseball and soccer.

Which sports do you play?

Tackle football. I’m thinking I’m going to join the basketball team. (Mitchell jokingly responded, “I couldn’t play football. I didn’t like getting hit.”)

Favorite sports team?

My favorite sports team is BYU. “Any BYU fans?” (Scattered cheers.) Mitchell joked that he didn’t want to cause any problems by asking about BYU and Utah in this setting.

Who is your favorite Utah Jazz player?

Mason: “Well, I was going to say Rudy Gobert, but …” (Laughs)

Mitchell: “I like that answer.”

Mason went on to correctly name mascots for BYU (Cougars), Clemson (Tigers), Duke (Blue Devils — an answer Mitchell admitted his coach, former Dookie Quin Snyder, would like), Arizona State (Sun Devils) and the Jazz player’s favorite, Louisville (Cardinals).

When Mason said he was considering growing up to be a postman or a police officer, Mitchell informed the teen that he wanted to be a firefighter when he was younger. “Every time I see a fire truck, I have to stop to watch it drive by.”

When Mason said he was nervous trying to get around his high school (Juab in Nephi), Mitchell thoughtfully empathized by telling him, “I didn’t know where to go, either.”

Mitchell concluded the interview by telling Mason, “You’re an inspiration.”

An ever-growing portion of Utah feels the same way about Mitchell.
I wonder if they know that dookie has a whole different connotation than they intended?

His letter to Utah makes my knees go weak.

**** Hayward

I know this isn't the correct thread, but here is Rudy's

Without a doubt the best videos I have ever seen from any NBA players. Man I feel like these 2 will lead us to many many rings. I can't wait for Joe Ingles' video. The tri-fecta.

And yes, I shot a load so hard it blew a hole in my gym shorts. They will now forever be my favorite gym shorts.

Seriously the most likable team we have ever had. I haven't been so excited to be a Jazz fan since the late 90's.

Side note: I posted here recently that I was laid off a month ago. I have been interviewing, and one corporate recruiter I was talking to was asking me about how I viewed the different levels of management, so I compared it to a team, using the Jazz as an example, with Snyder as the supervisor, Rudy and Ingles would be "leads", etc. He immediately perked up and asked if I was a big Jazz fan. I told him that I was a die-hard fan for 30 years now, and he just freaked out. He said he was pretty sure he was the only Jazz Fan in eastern Tennessee, and that his family thought it was crazy how much of a fan he was. We talked about Mitchell and Gobert and he said his favorite player right now was Ingles.

Of course, I am getting a 2nd interview there. :)

GO JAZZ!!!!!!

Without a doubt the best videos I have ever seen from any NBA players. Man I feel like these 2 will lead us to many many rings. I can't wait for Joe Ingles' video. The tri-fecta.

And yes, I shot a load so hard it blew a hole in my gym shorts. They will now forever be my favorite gym shorts.

Seriously the most likable team we have ever had. I haven't been so excited to be a Jazz fan since the late 90's.

Side note: I posted here recently that I was laid off a month ago. I have been interviewing, and one corporate recruiter I was talking to was asking me about how I viewed the different levels of management, so I compared it to a team, using the Jazz as an example, with Snyder as the supervisor, Rudy and Ingles would be "leads", etc. He immediately perked up and asked if I was a big Jazz fan. I told him that I was a die-hard fan for 30 years now, and he just freaked out. He said he was pretty sure he was the only Jazz Fan in eastern Tennessee, and that his family thought it was crazy how much of a fan he was. We talked about Mitchell and Gobert and he said his favorite player right now was Ingles.

Of course, I am getting a 2nd interview there. :)

GO JAZZ!!!!!!

Bravo log