What's new

Donovan refuses to say whether or not he wants to be in Utah moving forward

Well said.

I guess the only thing I’d add is that it was obvious the Rubio teams were limited, which is why they made the change. I just wish they wouldn’t have over-corrected. Hell, correct back a bit and throw the MLE at Crowder instead of Favors for Christ’s sake. But this team lost a lot of heart and soul when they made those moves and it’s a bummer it’s played out this way.
Jae was already spurned at that point. Felt betrayed.

The Rubio/Jae team with Bojan over Favors would have been so good. So much roster flexibility. And we would have had money to make improvements.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

In the Hoop Collective podcast that someone referenced above, MacMahon flat out said “if Donovan Mitchell is back, he’ll only be here (SLC) at the longest for one more season”.

When all is said and done there is a good chance most Jazz fans will feel the same way about Donovan Mitchell as they do about Gordon Hayward. How crazy is that?

When all is said and done there is a good chance most Jazz fans will feel the same way about Donovan Mitchell as they do about Gordon Hayward. How crazy is that?
Nah... big difference. If he asks out I get it and appreciate the honesty. Gordo hung us out to dry at a critical time in our build and it almost could have buried us.

I won't be mad if he asks out... Actually I am going to go ahead and say - Donovan please request the trade rather than dictate what the franchise does... and then leave in a year or two.

Nah... big difference. If he asks out I get it and appreciate the honesty. Gordo hung us out to dry at a critical time in our build and it almost could have buried us.

I won't be mad if he asks out... Actually I am going to go ahead and say - Donovan please request the trade rather than dictate what the franchise does... and then leave in a year or two.
Not with the time left on the contract. The contract year? Sure. But he’s been a slimy, dark cloud hanging over the franchise and a huge reason for their failures. He’s every bit the POS Hayward was and more and will end up spending less time here. Hell Hayward at least weathered some bad seasons with the franchise. Donovan’s been on a continual playoff team and been given whatever the hell he wants.

Your second paragraph I do agree with. Don’t influence what happens organizationally if you won’t be here.

We should trade Mitchell this offseason.

Mitchell's had Gobert as a convenient scapegoat his whole career. I'm afraid his trade value will fall if we trade Gobert and then inevitably tailspin next season.

Gobert is the keeper and Donovan is a dime a dozen player. High volume scorers don't win in playoffs. Look at Melo, Tmac, Gilbert Arenas a whole bunch of early playoff exits behind those guys

Mitchell's had Gobert as a convenient scapegoat his whole career. I'm afraid his trade value will fall if we trade Gobert and then inevitably tailspin next season.
Yeah, I'm sure Mitchell really loves Gobert being his scapegoat when the entire system is built around Rudy.

Maybe Don is happy that schemes will be run like a normal basketball team. Hell, maybe we get to see Rudy Gay again if that happens.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Facts and Gobert is the better player and it's not close

Yes... trade em both or keep em both.

Donovan only loses value as the shine comes off of him. With 3 years left on his deal some teams who normally won't bid on a player because he can leave might bid because there is time to convince him to stay or move him in 2 years if it doesn't work.

I'd see how the draft sets up... then I'd see what NY is willing to do... see what other teams come out of the woodwork. If the offers are good you circle back to get just a few more goodies and take the best offer out there.

Donovan only loses value as the shine comes off of him. With 3 years left on his deal some teams who normally won't bid on a player because he can leave might bid because there is time to convince him to stay or move him in 2 years if it doesn't work.

I'd see how the draft sets up... then I'd see what NY is willing to do... see what other teams come out of the woodwork. If the offers are good you circle back to get just a few more goodies and take the best offer out there.
Call the Nuggets and see if they want to deal.

I still don't see the reason why you have to trade both immediately if you trade one. I have zero delusions about Don being a Jazz player after his contract. It's not a possibility I factor into any of my calculations....and I still don't see why it's better for Don to be traded immediately versus one year later, for example. Let's say the Jazz trade Rudy for some kind of ATL package and John Collins (or insert any player we'd receive for Rudy) becomes a real star player. Unlikely, but not unfeasible. If you had already traded Don, you'd feel really stupid just like if you traded Gobert just because Hayward left. If the likely scenario happens and we're just mediocre, you can very easily trade Don at that point. I don't think he loses any value.

Having one star player is a stronger position than having zero because you can always trade that star player for the future assets.

While I agree you only trade one I think it should be the one who leaves on his own sooner than later. Trade Don while he's at top value and get some athletic players around Rudy. If it collapses again then move Rudy and start over. Keeping Don the crash is inevitable. He's gonna leave. If a more dynamic team works around Rudy we may be competitive for a few more years and we set an example for players who want to be with the franchise. Rudy's contract will obviously hamstring us, but he has been dedicated to Utah from the start and plays his heart out. Same can't always be said for Don.