What's new

Donovan refuses to say whether or not he wants to be in Utah moving forward

I actually agree... I just think if that is the honest answer that his intentions are somewhat known. Normally you lie and move on. If he wanted to squash it he could have more emphatically.
During the interview, he came across to me as emotionally exhausted in somewhat in a state of mourning. I don't think he knew what he wanted then.

Note to self: Never present an analogy to people like One Brow and Jazz Spazz again.
Note to self: Never think that MT Steve will see the extension of a metaphor to more closely approximate the situation.

Mitchell cares about how he's perceived. If he had zero intention of demanding a trade, he would have quashed those rumors the instant they came up months ago. This isn't even the first time he's dodged a question about those rumors.
I'm not arguing with any of that.

At last night's press conference, Mitchell's affect was pretty clear. He was exhausted, disappointed, and somewhat grieving the loss of a chance to move on (if you like, the loss of a chance to improve on his legacy). That's why he said he might have a reaction in a week or so. Last night he wasn't thinking about it at all.

“Honest an vulnerable” lmao. Try “entitled” “childish” and “self deluded”.
If you can look at the affect in that interview and think to yourself '“entitled” “childish” and “self deluded”', there's something really wrong with you. Maybe at other times, not last night.

Note to self: Never think that MT Steve will see the extension of a metaphor to more closely approximate the situation.

I'm not arguing with any of that.

At last night's press conference, Mitchell's affect was pretty clear. He was exhausted, disappointed, and somewhat grieving the loss of a chance to move on (if you like, the loss of a chance to improve on his legacy). That's why he said he might have a reaction in a week or so. Last night he wasn't thinking about it at all.

I mean the whole point of the argument here is whether or not Mitchell is considering a trade request. If you're not arguing with any of that then what are you arguing? That he is considering a trade request but last night's interview isn't evidence of that?

If that's the case, who cares if last night's interview was evidence of it or not if ultimately you agree he's still considering a trade request?

During the interview, he came across to me as emotionally exhausted in somewhat in a state of mourning. I don't think he knew what he wanted then.
You're right, with all the noise around the league about it, it definitely isn't something he's thought/thinking about. Dave McMenamin just barley on ESPN700 when asked about the Jazz trading Rudy, he said, he has heard that Donovan is probably going to be asking out once free agency gets here.

I can see that too... just feels like an auto response... like I'm focused on this team and winning here would have been better... but maybe that's what his "I just want to win" was about.

I think he will be honest with Jazz management... they just have to accept it if it isn't the answer they want.

If you can look at the affect in that interview and think to yourself '“entitled” “childish” and “self deluded”', there's something really wrong with you. Maybe at other times, not last night.
With this series and effort he gave? Yeah, that's exactly what he is.

He has the trade kicker.
Great... he can't go over the max salary with the kicker... the max is the max... the trade kicker doesn't matter until the cap balloons up.

I mean the whole point of the argument here is whether or not Mitchell is considering a trade request. If you're not arguing with any of that then what are you arguing? That he is considering a trade request but last night's interview isn't evidence of that?
That he might be considering a trade request, but last night interview isn't evidence of that.

If that's the case, who cares if last night's interview was evidence of it or not if ultimately you agree he's still considering a trade request?
I don't know, and no one has produced any positive argument, only arguments based on unfulfilled expectations of what they think Mitchell should say. It's like 2/3 of the board has PTSD from Hayward.

Maybe Mitchell is hoping/pushing for a trade, maybe not.

You're right, with all the noise around the league about it, it definitely isn't something he's thought/thinking about.
Since he's getting questions about it, he's obviously thinking about it. That doesn't make it something he's interested in.

What did Tony get out of it? I must have missed whatever he said. Tony reported the on the Jazz part they don't want to trade Donovan, Tony has never said Donovan doesn't want to be traded.

Bill O'Reilly just hit it on the head with what he just said about Donovans answers. He said he finally hit a rough patch, he's a nice player, but from those answers thats not how you lead a franchise or a team. He said the easy and obvious answer to those questions is "yes I want to be here, you signed the contract, and its a big contract". He's 100% right, that's not how a stable franchise leader answers that question, referenced to go watch Jokic's postgame after being eliminated where he says that he is fully committed to Denver and making it work there and he is going to sign his super max contract. Donovan is not a leader, at all. (This is me now not what Bill said)--His agency was masterful at PR for a couple years but that curtain has fallen down. Like come on dude, you've been given whatever you've wanted by the Jazz. You were drafted to a playoff team and made them every year of your career. Are you really this soft mentally? Reading MacMahon's piece from today they've absolutely babied the douche and he's still a pouting, whining, little child.
I didn’t know Bill O’Reilly followed the Jazz, much less commented on them. Maybe it can be his new book, Killing the Jazz.

It's going to be depressing beyond words when the Knicks make a Godfather offer for Mitchell and the Jazz say no.
I’m not sure they can make a Godfather offer. They may be able to make a Corky Romano offer, though.

I didn’t know Bill O’Reilly followed the Jazz, much less commented on them. Maybe it can be his new book, Killing the Jazz.

I’m not sure they can make a Godfather offer. They may be able to make a Corky Romano offer, though.
But that's just it... their assets are only cool if they are unprotected. It could be a handful of mid round picks... but you get swaps too so increase your chances... it could also become Tatum/Brown.

Since he's getting questions about it, he's obviously thinking about it. That doesn't make it something he's interested in.
Come on now. His total waffle of an answer is garbage. He could shut it down, he sees it, he refuses with ample space to do so on multiple occasions.

I made a ****ing poll about it dumbass and it was overwhelmingly in agreement with my views.
Nice responds calling me a name. How old are you. Sorry if I missed your scientific poll. When the franchise makes decision based upon your poll maybe I will give a damn about it. Geez what snowflake you are.

That he might be considering a trade request, but last night interview isn't evidence of that.

I don't know, and no one has produced any positive argument, only arguments based on unfulfilled expectations of what they think Mitchell should say. It's like 2/3 of the board has PTSD from Hayward.

Maybe Mitchell is hoping/pushing for a trade, maybe not.

No one has produced any positive argument? Wha?

There's multiple reports from reputable sources on it. He's very media savvy, and yet has dodged the question multiple times, not just last night.

Nice responds calling me a name. How old are you. Sorry if I missed your scientific poll. When the franchise makes decision based upon your poll maybe I will give a damn about it. Geez what snowflake you are.
I'm the snowflake when you getting butthurt over being called a dumbass?

Ok.