What's new

Donovan Still Not Medically Cleared

I doubt they cleared him. He is probably just doing light drills. He had a camp for kids from his old school in Connecticut with his best friend, Frank Ntlikina, and he was in a boot.

Are him and Frank that close? What are your thoughts on Frank's longterm potential?

150 Franky Nicotine trades coming up.
2blbz1.jpg

Guys... the boot is a cover... he's very likely already added the pull up jumper, the one-footed explosive finish, and started experimenting with a post game (just because). He also watched every game from last year and the entire Office series (US and UK versions).

He's got this.

That picture is probably just a promo for his company. Utah isnt going to clear Mitchell from NYC, he probably going to have to go back to SLC and get checked out.
:( Very possible. Just saw the picture of him in a booth at his camp. Dammit...

Are him and Frank that close? What are your thoughts on Frank's longterm potential?
Mitchell said Frank is his best friend. They spent all summer working out together in NY last year.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-ntilikina-mitchell-20180603-story.html
Beyond being competitors and motivators, Ntilikina, 19, and Mitchell, 21, are also good buddies. In fact, Ntilikina made an appearance Sunday at Mitchell’s basketball camp in Greenwich, Conn., where the Jazz guard called Ntilikina his best friend in the NBA.

:( Very possible. Just saw the picture of him in a booth at his camp. Dammit...
That pics from last year. He's fine. I would much rather he did a lot of nothing right now anyway. He will put in the work, he needs the rest, and the Jazz will probably try to get him to rest a little longer for this. Like I said, they would be making it mandatory if it was something that was really that needed. He doesn't wear the boot a lot of times. I hope he's not working a couple more weeks. A lot was asked of him this season, and he hasn't even been off quite a month yet.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of players work out for that guy who posted Donovan in the IG pic.
He's the most famous NBA trainer atm. He was a grad assistant coach at Louisville as well. He got big through his relationship with Carmelo Anthony.

Every season, Donovan needs to hit the recruiting trail during late-May through end of June. Lindsey can't talk to prospective free agents until last week in June, I believe, but players talk with each other. Have him assist in evaluating players for the draft; it's his team now. I'll bet he shows up at SL. He won't be playing, but he probably works out a few days with the team. I remember Deron did that one year.

Impossible, he'll be playing in the Conference and NBA finals during this time for the next several years!

I wonder how much time he spends in that boot. I ruptured my achilles in February, and that time in cast/boot (8 weeks total for me) really kills all the muscles. It's probably a good thing to have some down time after a long season, but being (fulltime) in a walking boot isn't good.

I wonder how much time he spends in that boot. I ruptured my achilles in February, and that time in cast/boot (8 weeks total for me) really kills all the muscles. It's probably a good thing to have some down time after a long season, but being (fulltime) in a walking boot isn't good.

Last I recall, it wasn't full time. Think their just erring on the side of caution and make DM relax some.

Damn. Crappy injury, man. Things get better. I’ve had two of them.

Damn. Crappy injury, man. Things get better. I’ve had two of them.
Yeah, it sucks. I'm walking pretty good now, and has for a while, but it's still slow going. Injured it playing basketball, and I'm not sure I'll be returning any time soon.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm walking pretty good now, and has for a while, but it's still slow going. Injured it playing basketball, and I'm not sure I'll be returning any time soon.
I took two years to return to basketball and ruptured the other one on the first night back.

As has been said several times. This is precautionary. He puts pressure on his foot, walks on it, and only wears it sometimes. I'm sure it hasn't killed the muscles because he's never taken pressure off it or stopped walking on it. He was walking on it the day after it happened. I think he's just restricted from working out on it, or playing basketball. Which is why I think, yes he has a small injury they want to heal, but I also think they just want Donovan to relax for a while and do nothing. He grinded through an 90+ game season with more minutes, pressure, and travel than he ever has by a wide margin. I honestly think this is a case where the Jazz have a reason to tell him to just take a break, and putting him in a boot and saying he isn't cleared to workout or play is the only way they will be able to get him to stop for a while. Where he's walking on it full time, and only wearing the boot part time, I doubt there's much loss of muscle in his leg.