What's new

Donovan Still Not Medically Cleared

As has been said several times. This is precautionary. He puts pressure on his foot, walks on it, and only wears it sometimes. I'm sure it hasn't killed the muscles because he's never taken pressure off it or stopped walking on it. He was walking on it the day after it happened. I think he's just restricted from working out on it, or playing basketball. Which is why I think, yes he has a small injury they want to heal, but I also think they just want Donovan to relax for a while and do nothing. He grinded through an 90+ game season with more minutes, pressure, and travel than he ever has by a wide margin. I honestly think this is a case where the Jazz have a reason to tell him to just take a break, and putting him in a boot and saying he isn't cleared to workout or play is the only way they will be able to get him to stop for a while. Where he's walking on it full time, and only wearing the boot part time, I doubt there's much loss of muscle in his leg.
Sounds reasonable. Getting healthy for off-season is probably much more important than one normally thinks, I believe. This is when they can expand their game, after all. I would think being injured or just resting May and at least half of June is just fine, but come July, you want to be healthy and get back to adding something to your game.

Donovan keeps recruiting! Love would be a nice consolation prize next summer.

He's gonna bring someone... Such a different personality than we've ever had. I'm warming up to Love... think he could go for a discount... whereas other guys might get a premium.

After watching that I like DM (if possible) even more, and I like Love more too. That's pretty cool, good interview.

He's gonna bring someone... Such a different personality than we've ever had. I'm warming up to Love... think he could go for a discount... whereas other guys might get a premium.
BTW Love knew that our motto this year was "the strength of the team is the team" ... quoted it word for word. He might be ready for a move to a team like us.

BTW Love knew that our motto this year was "the strength of the team is the team" ... quoted it word for word. He might be ready for a move to a team like us.

Our laid back friendly attitude may be a better fit too... Love is kinda Gordon Haywardish personality wise though. Keeps to himself a bit. He might welcome the reduced spotlight and constant criticism he's faced... and a smart coach.

DM also sighted chatting it up with Steph... this stuff is important. Not that Steph is coming, but that guys want to talk with him and accept him.

Quick storytime... went to Warriors Jazz game one last year. Watching guys warm up and getting autographs well before the game. Gordon tries like 6-7 times to get Klay Thompson's attention to say hey... finally does so and say "what up boy" or something dumb like that. Klay had given the headnod and turned around before Gordon could finish the intro. DM already got more social pull than Gordon. We needed a guy like that.

DM also sighted chatting it up with Steph... this stuff is important. Not that Steph is coming, but that guys want to talk with him and accept him.

Quick storytime... went to Warriors Jazz game one last year. Watching guys warm up and getting autographs well before the game. Gordon tries like 6-7 times to get Klay Thompson's attention to say hey... finally does so and say "what up boy" or something dumb like that. Klay had given the headnod and turned around before Gordon could finish the intro. DM already got more social pull than Gordon. We needed a guy like that.

I always get irrationally sad when I hear Hayward stories like that. Only because, I think most people can relate regardless of how he left.

I always get irrationally sad when I hear Hayward stories like that. Only because, I think most people can relate regardless of how he left.

It’s okay. In a couple years, when Hayward is dealt for Porzingis, you’ll go to a Knicks forum and read an exchange that goes like this:

Quick storytime... went to Knicks Jazz game one last year. Watching guys warm up and getting autographs well before the game. Gordon tries like 6-7 times to get Donovan Mitchell’s attention to say hey... finally does so and say "what up boy" or something dumb like that. Donovan had given the headnod and turned around before Gordon could finish the intro.

It will be Hayward’s Emilio Estevez story.

Like honestly guys, who do we have here?

I think we all recognized from his pre-draft, to draft, to the days he came here that he was something so extremely special beyond his basketball talent.He's such a charismatic and love-able person. Donovan is respected, wanted, liked, and the hottest item the Jazz have ever had. If Donovan can't bring a title to the Jazz, I don't know if anyone ever can.

Like honestly guys, who do we have here?

I think we all recognized from his pre-draft, to draft, to the days he came here that he was something so extremely special beyond his basketball talent.He's such a charismatic and love-able person. Donovan is respected, wanted, liked, and the hottest item the Jazz have ever had. If Donovan can't bring a title to the Jazz, I don't know if anyone ever can.

“Yo ‘Nique, you didn’t want to go to Utah, but I did.”

I'm telling you... if we don't get a top FA now(as in this or next year.... or maybe the year after) we never will. Donovan is on a completely different level to anything we've had before in connecting with other NBA stars. I remember how awkward Hayward was at the all-star game or in general in his interactions with top players. He was never going to be a great pull for FAs. Donovan is a completely different story... THIS is the time to strike. I really hope we don't tie our capspace if we can't strike gold this summer.

I'm telling you... if we don't get a top FA now(as in this or next year.... or maybe the year after) we never will. Donovan is on a completely different level to anything we've had before in connecting with other NBA stars. I remember how awkward Hayward was at the all-star game or in general in his interactions with top players. He was never going to be a great pull for FAs. Donovan is a completely different story... THIS is the time to strike. I really hope we don't tie our capspace if we can't strike gold this summer.
I...kind of agree. Donovan has a ton of respect and I swear knows every player in the NBA on some level, but he’s only got one year under him. It may still take a few years to garner that type of gravity. That being said, if Donovan is being truthful, and loves it here, his word and the respect he has for other players can’t be understated. I do believe both in getting someone to play with him and talent wise as I said though, if Donovan can’t do it for us, no one can.

And truthfully, Donovan has actively tried to compliment and prop up this market, this city, and this franchise in a way no player ever has. Upon the reasons he should be so loved, complimented, and respected by everyone who is a Jazz fan, and even those who aren’t in this state and market, is that he is actively doing all he can to put himself out there, which in turn brings attention back to the Jazz. Donovan is certainly the face of the franchise, owns this fanbase, and is just the absolute perfect guy you want in both those positions. Here’s to the future, because a ride with Donovan looks very bright.

PS-again he will join First Take tomorrow morning.