What's new

Don's Value

The Jazz Wonderbra

With all of this Don is moving on in X years gossip going on, I was just wondering what other teams could offer us to pry him (including his 4 years locked up) contract away.

If OKC offered 6 first round picks and expiring contracts would you do it? Would a Damian Lillard package be enough? What if Milwaukee offered up Giannis for Donovan, would you do it? I would think it's a Giann-Yes.

What would it take for you to move on from Spida Mitchell and his competitiveness, quality, sweet 3 point shooting, clutch play, etc?

With all of this Don is moving on in X years gossip going on, I was just wondering what other teams could offer us to pry him (including his 4 years locked up) contract away.

If OKC offered 6 first round picks and expiring contracts would you do it? Would a Damian Lillard package be enough? What if Milwaukee offered up Giannis for Donovan, would you do it? I would think it's a Giann-Yes.

What would it take for you to move on from Spida Mitchell and his competitiveness, quality, sweet 3 point shooting, clutch play, etc?
Giannis makes no sense. Put an offer on the table for Dame the second you get a chance.

This isn't a whether or not he is half way out whinefest. We have too many of those.

It's a theoretical, what would it take for you to trade him? What value would he bring back? convo.

This isn't a whether or not he is half way out whinefest. We have too many of those.

It's a theoretical, what would it take for you to trade him? What value would he bring back? convo.
I'm a Don fan, but I'm a Jazz fan first. We simply cannot discuss Don trades. He's one of the most popular players we have ever had. He's a young, activist African American who is a face of the franchise and is a superstar.

Why consider trade him? Because we are afraid he might leave?

More importantly, what message does discussing trading him send to future good, young African Americans who we either acquire or we want to sign?

We traded Deron. Didn't we trade Dominique? What is the dialogue around our Jazz? White? Racist? Not a great place to go? African American stars don't stay there long? (Malone is an outlier and as a personality very unique).

I don't 100% like it, but we have to literally be intentional about making Don happy here. We need to cater to him. It's more than about wins and losses. It's about changing the culture in our stands, in our community and in the eyes of future stars who might consider our great franchise.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm a Don fan, but I'm a Jazz fan first. We simply cannot discuss Don trades. He's one of the most popular players we have ever had. He's a young, activist African American who is a face of the franchise and is a superstar.

More importantly, what message does discussing trading him send to future good, young African Americans who we either acquire or we want to sign?

We traded Deron. Didn't we trade Dominique? What is the dialogue around our Jazz? White? Racist? Not a great place to go? African American stars don't stay there long? (Malone is an outlier and as a personality very unique).

I don't 100% like it, but we have to literally be intentional about making Don happy here. We need to cater to him. It's more than about wins and losses. It's about changing the culture in our stands, in our community and in the eyes of future stars who might consider our great franchise.

You still aren't doing it right.
I agree with your post. But this thread is asking what his value is. In other words, even though we would never trade him, what would other teams give up for him?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

But Larry treated Malone like Gold despite that Karl sometimes acted like a diva, much more so than Don.

I’ll just add these first round picks can be a crapshoot. A top five pick is good, but #25 isn’t going to move the needle.

Player dev is everything - a team like SAC has had lottery picks forever yet never go anywhere.

If OKC wanted him I would do it for a pile of 1st round picks (no less than four) and SGA (though SGA would need to sign an extension with us).

Would I trade him for Giannis? Yes. But the Bucks wouldn't do that trade. For Lillard? Maybe if the Blazers send us some picks as well - no way I would trade Mitchell for Lillard straight up.

If push came to shove and we HAD to trade Don. I'd want something comparable to what OKC got for Paul George or New Orleans got for AD. A **** ton of firsts and a few young players with high upside.

I have wondered the same thing. I think it is a great question and one that needs to be answered. I would consider a package of Damian and some players/picks with Portland. Flame away.

Hypothetically, theoretically, just as amusement, a fantasy thing at most after some good doses of neat rye booze... I would consider a trade involving DBook...

You still aren't doing it right.
I agree with your post. But this thread is asking what his value is. In other words, even though we would never trade him, what would other teams give up for him?

and he’s saying it doesn’t matter because there’s no viable trade at this point...I agree and don’t accept the premise of the question

and he’s saying it doesn’t matter because there’s no viable trade at this point...I agree and don’t accept the premise of the question
Booo. This is a forum. It is summer. Live a little and spend other teams assets for the best player in his generation. What COULD that get us?

Devin Booker and Miles Bridges for Don and royce? I would think long and hard.

Booo. This is a forum. It is summer. Live a little and spend other teams assets for the best player in his generation. What COULD that get us?

Devin Booker and Miles Bridges for Don and royce? I would think long and hard.
I think Donovan is worth more than that.

I think we as fans need to stop listening to onebitch. I mean oneye. He doesn’t know **** and is trying to rock the boat. Maybe Don didn’t sign his son’s jersey. But let’s not listen to his BS. No one but him has said anything about him leaving. Until it comes from the horses mouth I’m going to continue to believe Don wants to be here. Don winning here is worth more than going to a big market and winning. To be the one player to bring a championship to the Utah Jazz would make him immortal. And worth more than winning with a market that’s already won without him.