What's new

Dow Hits Record High

We're going to get tired of how high the dow goes. Well be like 50,000? Meh.

We should feel like people are stupid enough to think that a President can take their guns away.
Thanks. I knew this stuff could be spun negatively, I just wasn't certain how. I just checked my 401K which is heavily weighted toward financial stocks and it's way up. I'm sure that's a bad thing, right?

We should feel like people are stupid enough to think that a President can take their guns away.

This. I have a guy who works next to me who was certain that if hilary won she would be taking our guns away. I couldn't reason with him no matter what he said.

Thanks. I knew this stuff could be spun negatively, I just wasn't certain how. I just checked my 401K which is heavily weighted toward financial stocks and it's way up. I'm sure that's a bad thing, right?

He has a point though. You asked the question.
There are people out there who thought that obama was going to take their guns away. There were also people who thought hilary would. So some of those people were trying to buy their guns while they were able to. Now trump is pres, and the threat is gone.

Disney, which has long been my favorite stock on the Dow (I believe it's a monopoly) is pushing close to 100!!!! It's almost 7xed it's value in 7 years..

They've already done over 6 billion in box office sales this year!

Is Joe Bagadonuts still pretending not to be a Trump supporter? It's okay now, the guy won. No need to be ashamed.

This. I have a guy who works next to me who was certain that if hilary won she would be taking our guns away. I couldn't reason with him no matter what he said.

You think it's possible a lot of the fears about Trump are in this same vein, or are those ones all rational?

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened." -- Mark Twain

Think of all the crazy things people said would happen when Obama became president. People get crazy when they allow themselves to be driven by fear, and that's what is happening now with Trump.

I've been saying for a long time that I think people hate Trump as a person, then out of that they come up with a list of elaborate terrible things that will definitely 100% happen if Trump is elected (people did the same thing with Obama and Hillary). It sucks to see smart, well intentioned people do this because it cumulatively adds to the fear for people who are generally upset and fearful. I understand Muslims, illegal immingrants, and inner city minorities being fearful or panicked right now, those people don't need others with nothing to be nervous about adding fake hype about Hitler, WWIII, or other BS that people say because they are too weak to just say they hate Donald Trump the person, and they are mad he has won.

Sorry about the rant, and it's not directed at you, I just wish people would own their emotions, opinions, and feelings, instead of hiding behind these over the top, ridiculous assertions that America is over, or racism & bigotry has won out over love, or that we are now Nazi Germany. Ugh!!