What's new

Dow Hits Record High

My brother is a smart guy, but I have not been able to convince him that Democrats aren't coming for their guns. Fox News and their ilk do a great job convincing people that the donkey is evil.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't know how you would convince him of this when the evidence for the opposite of what you're saying is so strong. Take the Orlando shootings as an example. The Dems were clearly trying to avoid characterizing it as a terrorist attack (particularly wanting to keep the Islamist angle out of it) while they were simultaneously unapologetically attempting to use it as a platform to push gun control.

This has been a good discussion, though, and I am committed to doing my best to view events as they are, and not as the hype machine on either side makes them out to be.

And although it might feel off-topic, along these same lines about a year ago I read a book that has, bit by bit, changed my life. It's called "The Four Agreements" and it's filled with wisdom that blew me away. A portion that is relevant to the broad political discussion on this site is that hell and heaven are real places, and that large numbers of people in our very midst are living in them at this very moment. That's because they exist in the mind.

The way this concept was presented in the book resonated with me in a powerful way because the hell it described matched the pain I was experiencing (and re-experiencing again and again) as the result of external events that had become internal. Today, because of my recognition of this concept that seems so obvious once you understand it, I have attracted heaven into my life. It's a better place than I had ever imagined it could be. I now see the very same events that were so incredibly painful for me as the miraculously chain of events that freed me from a bad situation and allowed all of this happiness to grow and flourish in my world.

I know that to some I'm probably sounding like a whack-job right now, but believe me, it's way better to be whacked out in this way than to be going through what I was. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every area of my life has drastically improved in the course of this journey. I hope that as many others as possible are able to experience what I have. I know they will be amazed at how it changes the way they experience the world.

Our guns will never be taken away. Thats the main point. Those who thought obama would take them away were stupid. Those who thought hilary would take them were stupid.

I don't know how you would convince him of this when the evidence for the opposite of what you're saying is so strong. Take the Orlando shootings as an example. The Dems were clearly trying to avoid characterizing it as a terrorist attack (particularly wanting to keep the Islamist angle out of it) while they were simultaneously unapologetically attempting to use it as a platform to push gun control.

This has been a good discussion, though, and I am committed to doing my best to view events as they are, and not as the hype machine on either side makes them out to be.

And although it might feel off-topic, along these same lines about a year ago I read a book that has, bit by bit, changed my life. It's called "The Four Agreements" and it's filled with wisdom that blew me away. A portion that is relevant to the broad political discussion on this site is that hell and heaven are real places, and that large numbers of people in our very midst are living in them at this very moment. That's because they exist in the mind.

The way this concept was presented in the book resonated with me in a powerful way because the hell it described matched the pain I was experiencing (and re-experiencing again and again) as the result of external events that had become internal. Today, because of my recognition of this concept that seems so obvious once you understand it, I have attracted heaven into my life. It's a better place than I had ever imagined it could be. I now see the very same events that were so incredibly painful for me as the miraculously chain of events that freed me from a bad situation and allowed all of this happiness to grow and flourish in my world.

I know that to some I'm probably sounding like a whack-job right now, but believe me, it's way better to be whacked out in this way than to be going through what I was. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every area of my life has drastically improved in the course of this journey. I hope that as many others as possible are able to experience what I have. I know they will be amazed at how it changes the way they experience the world.
The Four Agreements is a great book. Glad it has made an impact.

I see a big difference in taking away gun rights and trying to find ways to reduce gun violence.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app