What's new

Eat yer damn crow.

Two reasons I did not like the trade. His contract and him taking minutes away from our rookie Hendricks. As bad as Gay was, his contract was less years, getting rid of Gay was not worth taking on Collins contract. Collins is an overpaid role player so I can see why some people didn't like the trade.

This board has to hate someone. I guess it should be the 6'9 guy who shoots 40% from 3 and brings in 8 boards game and who plays decent defense when he isn't asked to be a center. Hate having those types on the team. His contract isn't hurting us at all even if he comes off the bench.
He’s got great physical tools, and if he were paid between 10-15 million a year he’d be nice, but he doesn’t do the things or make the plays you need from a guy making 25 million a year. He’s low IQ, not sure where you get good defense from him. He just doesn’t do much, he’ll KO is a more useful player than KO. That’s saying something for a guy making that much money. And you can’t play him with Kessler

He’s got great physical tools, and if he were paid between 10-15 million a year he’d be nice, but he doesn’t do the things or make the plays you need from a guy making 25 million a year. He’s low IQ, not sure where you get good defense from him. He just doesn’t do much, he’ll KO is a more useful player than KO. That’s saying something for a guy making that much money. And you can’t play him with Kessler
The money is indifferent. You can play him with Kessler just fine. He spaces the floor from the corner great and they are a good duo on rebounds and defense. He's not a great defender but he's fine. He's right in the middle on our team on defense. No where near as big of issue on that end as Sexton, Clarkson, and George.

The money is indifferent. You can play him with Kessler just fine. He spaces the floor from the corner great and they are a good duo on rebounds and defense. He's not a great defender but he's fine. He's right in the middle on our team on defense. No where near as big of issue on that end as Sexton, Clarkson, and George.
You can’t a candle to me on this topic just stop

He’s not anything like Sexton and haven’t seen him get in anyone’s face. Just stop. He’s not anything close to an enforcer, plus an enforcer isn’t someone that just gets in someone’s face. That’s called not acting your age. An enforcer is someone that plays gritty and throws hard fouls around and the teams voice and leader and cheerleader and guy that wants to guard the best player. None of that describes Collins

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-AV_Y75sV2w&pp=ygUZam9obiBjb2xsaW5zIGZpZ2h0IGVtYmlpZA%3D%3D

View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/3xAatYbcDlA

Whatever you say.:rolleyes: This dude don’t back down to nobody even the biggest baddest mofo in the league.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wYtgPpEmEE&pp=ygUZam9obiBjb2xsaW5zIGZpZ2h0IGVtYmlpZA%3D%3D

His +/- stats are almost unfathomable right now. He's like the reverse Gobert, Jokic, Lebron, Michael Jordan with what he's pulled off. This is an all time great tank commander performance.

We are -11.7 per/100 with Collins on the court.

We are +5.6 per/100 with Collins off the court

We are 17.3 points better with him off the court, no one in the rotation is within 10 points as bad as him.

EVERY 2 man unit with rotation players (plus THT) is negative that includes John Collins.

The "best" 2 man unit with Collins is Kris Dunn for a whopping -5.3 per/100

All rotation players (plus THT) have a positive net rating without Collins except for Sexton. Sexton's net rating with -0.03.

His +/- stats are almost unfathomable right now. He's like the reverse Gobert, Jokic, Lebron, Michael Jordan with what he's pulled off. This is an all time great tank commander performance.

We are -11.7 per/100 with Collins on the court.

We are +5.6 per/100 with Collins off the court

We are 17.3 points better with him off the court, no one in the rotation is within 10 points as bad as him.

EVERY 2 man unit with rotation players (plus THT) is negative that includes John Collins.

The "best" 2 man unit with Collins is Kris Dunn for a whopping -5.3 per/100

All rotation players (plus THT) have a positive net rating without Collins except for Sexton. Sexton's net rating with -0.03.
He has been better that last few games though. Not that I want to sign up for all 3 years of his service lol. He's just a bit of a tweener still and we don't really have the personnel to make him worth his contract. If we got a get out of jail free card we should take it... I won't pay to get out of it but if its free sure.

He has been better that last few games though. Not that I want to sign up for all 3 years of his service lol. He's just a bit of a tweener still and we don't really have the personnel to make him worth his contract. If we got a get out of jail free card we should take it... I won't pay to get out of it but if its free sure.

I agree with this. His advanced metrics are really bad but his play lately says otherwise to me I don’t know it’s super weird.

I agree with this. His advanced metrics are really bad but his play lately says otherwise to me I don’t know it’s super weird.
I think it makes sense... we are just a bit gimmicky with him at the 5 and Kessler makes us a legit defense. Those two are now split from each other and KO is just as good as JC... so his replacements are just as good or much better at certain things. He's playing a role that isn't great for him but he's doing as well as you can at it for now. If you simply put him off the bench and had Kessler with the starters it would make it look a little better imo.

The biggest costs with Collins were always opportunity costs. Cap space, Kessler development and playing time, young guys getting minutes. Those were the reasons I didn't want to do a deal but to John's credit he has improved the things he needed to or that he can.

He's definitely been playing better and he can't be THIS bad....but we're half way through the season and I can't remember seeing something like this lol. I am expecting some kind of revival (it may have already started), but it will be too little too late to trade him. We're really going to feel it when we lose Simone, KO, or the ability to R+E Lauri.

He's definitely been playing better and he can't be THIS bad....but we're half way through the season and I can't remember seeing something like this lol. I am expecting some kind of revival (it may have already started), but it will be too little too late to trade him. We're really going to feel it when we lose Simone, KO, or the ability to R+E Lauri.
Look my dude.. you are preaching to the cap choir. I do think we have options though. I think JC gets moved... either now or in the offseason. Simone's caphold can't be big and we could be proactive on an extension now. I also think KO is likely to get moved or we let him walk as we have Tay Henny coming. KO is good but I'd guess his market is like 1 year MLE type money or 3/24 room exception type. Could be wrong.

All this assumes that we can't move Collins of course... that is the easiest path if you find a buyer. We will need to move some of these good pieces for better ones or for the opportunity to develop guys.

I think it makes sense... we are just a bit gimmicky with him at the 5 and Kessler makes us a legit defense. Those two are now split from each other and KO is just as good as JC... so his replacements are just as good or much better at certain things. He's playing a role that isn't great for him but he's doing as well as you can at it for now. If you simply put him off the bench and had Kessler with the starters it would make it look a little better imo.

The biggest costs with Collins were always opportunity costs. Cap space, Kessler development and playing time, young guys getting minutes. Those were the reasons I didn't want to do a deal but to John's credit he has improved the things he needed to or that he can.
Tay Henny

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

So, I am about 6 games back. Lots of games happened While I was out of the country. Needless to say, Collins looks good. 16 and 10.5 boards on 72% fgs for a week straight. Not a bad week. I will hold bad going all bolemic on my crow wing but if Collins keeps trending up, the Hardy effect may just make him a very tradeable asset for Ainge to dump at the next trade deadline for a 1st round pick and a date with Hearskys mom to Ainges favorite crow restaurant.