What's new

Elson=Carr

jackpotter

Watching Elson last night reminded me of the Big Dog.
They both hit the open jumper, grab boards, play some D. Comparable stats when Elson plays the same amount of minutes.
I hope Elson can continue this and be this teams Carr!

Elson is nothing like Carr. He isn't a third of a player Carr was either. Pretty bad comparison. Terrible, in fact.

Elson is nothing like Carr. He isn't a third of a player Carr was either. Pretty bad comparison. Terrible, in fact.

How is that a terrible comparison? He compared Carr's ability to do the dirty work and play aggressive to Elson's which is a valid comparison. Not to mention the fact Carr was a journeyman, as is Elson.

Do you people who think that Elson compares the the Big Dawg even remember how good he was. He was the nastiness during the finals run. Elson is not close to being as good of player as Carr. Great jumper though.

Elson can hit the jumper, plays decent D, and shows effort, but he's not Carr.

If you recall, Carr was a good low post player, and when Malone had to sit out a stretch (due to foul trouble, ejection or suspension), Carr could pick right up for him. There was some drop off, but over the short term, Carr could truly replace Malone.

I'd hate to see a scenario where the Jazz were relying on Elson to be the primary low post threat or focal point of the offense, so I can't agree with a full Carr comparison.

Carr finished a lot of games and was a legit offensive option.

When Elson starts finishing games you know we're in trouble.

I really don't understand what people seeing in Elson. He gets pushed under the basket when hes on D and can't get rebounds. He has bad hands, and can't pass. He has a nice jumper and is reasonably fast for a big, thats it.

I really don't understand what people seeing in Elson. He gets pushed under the basket when hes on D and can't get rebounds. He has bad hands, and can't pass. He has a nice jumper and is reasonably fast for a big, thats it.

He's averaging 3.0 rebounds per game in just 9.0 minutes per game. I'd hardly say he "can't get rebounds."

Still go with Fes. He had a couple of jumpers last night but that was about it. Otherwise not very good. Always seems like Fes gets sick for games in which he could have played good minutes. GS except for Biedrins not a good matchup for him so I would not be surprised if he does not play in that game.

To imitate CJ, have these clowns actually watched Jazz basketball for more than a few years?

He has been a role player his whole career. He is good at it, not much if he has to play extended minutes. Comes to play every night, aggressive defender, using his body well, and will dig out some rebounds in the paint. Decent jump shot in limited minutes, not gonna get you 20 points a game.

yeeeeeeeaaaaah. Not ready to jump on this one either.

Carr was fearless and played big in big moments. He'd never back away from someone dunking on him. Elson seems...solid. But'uh. Carr? No way.

That's up there with calling Harold Minor "Baby Jordan."

Watching Elson last night reminded me of the Big Dog.
They both hit the open jumper, grab boards, play some D. Comparable stats when Elson plays the same amount of minutes.
I hope Elson can continue this and be this teams Carr!

First of all, welcome to the board. We appreciate your input.

That said, your comparison of Antoine Carr and Fransisco Elson is both incredibly pathetic and moranic. Not only have you lost any sort of credibility with this comparison, the situation is now that many of the people here on the board want you banned. I'm included in this group. If there was a way to send some sort of virus to your computer that would make it implode, I would do it in a Kyle Korver minute.

At this point all you can really do is be thankful that I am neither a mod or an admin of this board for your IP ban would be swift and harsh.

Sir, please, kindly, GTFO.