What's new

Elson=Carr

I like Elson - he's a veteran energy guy who can hit an open shot. And while he may get pushed around under the boards at least he'll push back.

You can do a lot worse at the end of the bench; but that's where he belongs - at the end of the bench.

Elson hasn't had 1/4th of the career the Big Dawg had, who even at 35 was still an effective scorer, both in the low post and from 18-feet. With the possible exception of Millsap, Carr was also better screen-roll player than anyone on the current team, and could guard legitimate centers - not talking about today's centers, I'm talking about Olajuwon, Robinson, and Shaq. Elson? (Edited to remove massive brain freeze my me where I scrambled Elson's 09-10 season for Johan Petro's).

I think Nenad Kristic is a more viable comparison, which is perfectly fine for your 4th or 5th big.

Last edited:
Like Carr, Elson doesn't back down from anyone either... see how he confronted Steve Blake although that's the only so far...

I don't think the Jazz played against Elson one time last season and I'm for damn sure he didn't play for the Nuggets in the first round of the playoffs.

How is that a terrible comparison? He compared Carr's ability to do the dirty work and play aggressive to Elson's which is a valid comparison. Not to mention the fact Carr was a journeyman, as is Elson.

Carr had post moves, could dunk inside and mix it up. Carr played with more intensity. Carr was more mobile. Carr could get double-doubles. The comparison might be valid for Carr's last one or two years in the league though.

I've been disappointed with Elson, I thought he would be quicker and more explosive from his highlights. Like a big guy getting out on the break and dunking on people.

This is a good video to show who didn't know Carr what he could do on the basketball court, courtesy of prodigy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWxYHSxAi_4

Man, I miss me some Antoine Carr. I would to have one of his jerseys.

Prodigy is prolly one of my favorite members here on JF...

I miss me some Karl Malone and Jeff Hornacek. Millsap and Hayward have a ways to go to make those kinds of big-time plays.

There isn't a PF in the league right now who could consistently make those turn-around jumpers like Malone did under pressure.

I don't think the Jazz played against Elson one time last season and I'm sure he didn't play for the Nuggets in the first round of the playoffs.
You're right, massive brain freeze by me where I scrambled the fact that Elson used to play for Denver with Johan Petro who played for Denver last season.

There isn't a PF in the league right now who could consistently make those turn-around jumpers like Malone did under pressure.

That turnaround fadeaway jumper is the only competition when it comes to the coolness of the Skyhook.

Carr was a huge, huge part of our success when he was here. One of the best bigs we have had and when he came off the bench, it opened up all kinds of things for Malone. If Elson is half the player Big Dawg was, we win the West.