What's new

Enes Kanter: Immaturity and controversial path he took

What a hilarious comment. 99.9% of college graduates would absolutely **** their pants with joy if they were offered tens of millions of dollars to work for a few years on an oil rig in the middle of the ****ing ocean.

I honestly can't believe you think his situation wouldn't be dream-like for practically anyone.

If I was a young single millionaire SLC would probably be pretty low on my list of places to live. That being said I'd live anywhere if someone will pay me millions to do so.

He didn't want to go to a team where he would be the 5th big.

Dude didn't play a minute of college ball, sat out not just an entire season, but the first few months of the next one, put up 2 PPG and 1.5 RPG in 4 minutes of action in Turkey. But yeah, it's unreasonable to expect his 19-year old *** to play backup to a legit 20-10 player, a future All-Star entering his prime, and the ACC Rookie of the Year.

Reactions: RJF
Also.

0.jpg

I guess we better just start asking the college guys where they want to play before we draft them. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by drafting them when they might not want to be here. Maybe we could just send out a questionnaire instead of scouting and then make a list of the guys that check "Utah" as a place they would deign to play. Then we can draft accordingly. That way no one gets their feelings hurt, no one has to worry about being in such a horrible place, and we can guarantee we get a guy that wants us too. Everybody feels good and no one has to be an adult. Win-win for all the crybaby ******* out there.

Yep, and while we're at it, we shouldn't have drafted Exum either, because he didn't want to come here. We probably should have drafted some scrub from the mid-first with the 5th pick. We also should have checked with Favors before we traded for him, cuz guess what? He didn't want to come to Utah either. Just so long as we only draft guys who want to play in Utah, doesn't matter if they suck. My hell, some of the ish that gets posted here...

If I was a young single millionaire SLC would probably be pretty low on my list of places to live. That being said I'd live anywhere if someone will pay me millions to do so.

I always wonder why? I have come to slc 3 times and found nice looking randoms twice. I can find it anywhere and especially if am a millionaire I will get randoms everyday no matter where I am.

Favors wasn't happy about being traded to the Jazz, but he loves it here now. Just because someone doesn't want to come here initially doesn't mean they won't change their mind later.

Tell that to Dominique Wilkins.

Although, that was another trade that worked out well for us in the big picture.

I was just about to say that if you're 18-22, a millionaire, 6'+ with a chiseled physique and have trouble getting laid by attractive women in any US location with a population of over 10000, it ain't the city, it's you. You'd have to not just not have game, you'd have to have negative game.

Not drafting a player because of depth at a position is the same sort of dumbassery that led the Blazers to take Sam Bowie over Jordan.

Say Tim Duncan was in that draft. Should the Jazz not have drafted a future HOFer because they were loaded at that position?

Not drafting a player because of depth at a position is the same sort of dumbassery that led the Blazers to take Sam Bowie over Jordan.

Say Tim Duncan was in that draft. Should the Jazz not have drafted a future HOFer because they were loaded at that position?

Totally agree with this. But on the flip side, if you draft a player who you think could be great, and you also know they haven't been able to play a lot in the last couple of years, you should probably try to find the time for them immediately, especially with the short rookie contracts in mind.

I don't thinks it's that easy, some players have a knack of stepping up in bigger stages (NBA) and some just end up not panning out, regardless of draft position. Sure if I'm 100% sure there's gonna be a Michael Jordan in any given draft even myself would go 'Freakazoid' that season.

I hate this strawman argument. The Blazers did the 1984 draft in 1984. Not 1990, or 1998, or 2015. Michael Jordan hardly came out with "the future greatest player of all time" tag out of college.

I hate this strawman argument. The Blazers did the 1984 draft in 1984. Not 1990, or 1998, or 2015. Michael Jordan hardly came out with "the future greatest player of all time" tag out of college.

while there is some validity to your argument, I think you are underselling MJ. He played three years in college, was a freak athlete, scored 20 pts his most recent two seasons on 54% shooting, 45% from three, and was also a good defender, pulling in 5.5 boards a game, nearly two steals, and a block. Everyone knew he would be great, they just didn't know he'd be the greatest ever.

Yep, and while we're at it, we shouldn't have drafted Exum either, because he didn't want to come here. We probably should have drafted some scrub from the mid-first with the 5th pick. We also should have checked with Favors before we traded for him, cuz guess what? He didn't want to come to Utah either. Just so long as we only draft guys who want to play in Utah, doesn't matter if they suck. My hell, some of the ish that gets posted here...

You forgot Hayward. If we didn't sign his checks worth more then his abilities he would be missing the playoffs in the East with Big Al today. His attitude during the Corbin years was piss poor and he was getting minutes and clanking up all the bricks he could get his hands on. I know you guys have forgotten he was even courted by Cleveland after he said it was the worst place to play. https://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/02/hayward-visits-cavs.ap/ Well, he got his money and now he is a Jazz man. Where as Kanter wasn't going to get paid by the Jazz. So, he spoke his mind about this place. Was it childish? Yes. But, I believe in locker room cleanup Gordo didn't have nice things to say about Corbin. Was that childish? IF you say no then you are a hypocrite.

For him to bitch like he has after being drafted in a position to net him millions of dollars is insulting. Every day people "settle" while they lay the ground work for something better. It's called being a ****ing adult. You take your lumps and take the steps to make it possible to get to a desirable place in your vocation. It's not rocket science.

It's not insulting at all. It's your fault and my fault he is getting paid that much. I don't see any argument that shows that NBA players aren't screwed by the draft. What other profession do you have potential to make millions and you have no say in where you play?

If my kid was a top 3 pick, and the #1 pick was Minnesota or Charlotte and LA was #2, I'd tell my kid to force his way to LA. I'd tell him to refuse to workout for Minn or Cha. Why send your kid to a horrible franchise? That's not fair to my kid.

Where you will make 20 to 60 million dollars. Sign me up.

So, if NBA players only made $30,000 a year it would be ok for them to hold out or force trades?

I don't buy this argument. If anything, due to the fact that NBA players have such a rare skill, they should have MORE freedom than you and I. They are valuable then we are.

Why do you and I get to pick where we work, when we are easily replaced, but someone as talented as Kanter has no say in where he plays? That's crazy.

I guess we better just start asking the college guys where they want to play before we draft them. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by drafting them when they might not want to be here. Maybe we could just send out a questionnaire instead of scouting and then make a list of the guys that check "Utah" as a place they would deign to play. Then we can draft accordingly. That way no one gets their feelings hurt, no one has to worry about being in such a horrible place, and we can guarantee we get a guy that wants us too. Everybody feels good and no one has to be an adult. Win-win for all the crybaby ******* out there.

So Kanter is a crybaby because he will generate hundreds of millions of dollars and wants to have a say in where he works?

It's not insulting at all. It's your fault and my fault he is getting paid that much. I don't see any argument that shows that NBA players aren't screwed by the draft. What other profession do you have potential to make millions and you have no say in where you play?

If my kid was a top 3 pick, and the #1 pick was Minnesota or Charlotte and LA was #2, I'd tell my kid to force his way to LA. I'd tell him to refuse to workout for Minn or Cha. Why send your kid to a horrible franchise? That's not fair to my kid.

I'm having an internal debate within myself whether if I should neg this comment or not. Was your sarcasm switch turned on when you made it?

I'm having an internal debate within myself whether if I should neg this comment or not. Was your sarcasm switch turned on when you made it?

Go ahead and neg me. I've got 200 notifications up there. I'll never know what you did to me.

I'm dead serious. Look at Eli and Rivers. Archie made the right decision. Eli has two rings because he forced his way to NY. Rivers has zero.

Looks at Elway and the Broncos vs what Indy did in that time. Elway made the right decision. Look at Kobe. He was set to go to Charlotte. Instead, he played for LA and has a ton of rings. You think he didn't make the right decision?

It sucks as a fan of a small market team. Miami and LA will always get the FA's. BUT, I believe there is room for the Utah's and Green Bay's. We just have to be smarter. We have to find players willing to see the positives of playing in Utah, and an amazing FO is a big part of that.

If Kanter doesn't want to come off the bench because it will cost him millions, I'm ok with it. I don't like the way he went about doing it, but I don't blame him for wanting to go to OKC. All of us would want to be traded if playing in Utah cost us a max deal.

I was responding specifically to what Green said. Imagine if you were in Kanter's situation as a recent college graduate! LOL!

I was just about to say that if you're 18-22, a millionaire, 6'+ with a chiseled physique and have trouble getting laid by attractive women in any US location with a population of over 100, it ain't the city, it's you. You'd have to not just not have game, you'd have to have negative game.

fixed.