What's new

Enes Kanter: Immaturity and controversial path he took

Go ahead and neg me. I've got 200 notifications up there. I'll never know what you did to me.

I'm dead serious. Look at Eli and Rivers. Archie made the right decision. Eli has two rings because he forced his way to NY. Rivers has zero.

Looks at Elway and the Broncos vs what Indy did in that time. Elway made the right decision. Look at Kobe. He was set to go to Charlotte. Instead, he played for LA and has a ton of rings. You think he didn't make the right decision?

It sucks as a fan of a small market team. Miami and LA will always get the FA's. BUT, I believe there is room for the Utah's and Green Bay's. We just have to be smarter. We have to find players willing to see the positives of playing in Utah, and an amazing FO is a big part of that.

If Kanter doesn't want to come off the bench because it will cost him millions, I'm ok with it. I don't like the way he went about doing it, but I don't blame him for wanting to go to OKC. All of us would want to be traded if playing in Utah cost us a max deal.

2vbok01.jpg

This is my last warning, would you really force your kid to go play in LA?

while there is some validity to your argument, I think you are underselling MJ. He played three years in college, was a freak athlete, scored 20 pts his most recent two seasons on 54% shooting, 45% from three, and was also a good defender, pulling in 5.5 boards a game, nearly two steals, and a block. Everyone knew he would be great, they just didn't know he'd be the greatest ever.

The Blazers also fully believed they had a future star on their hands in Drexler(who WOULD become a 10-time all-star, finish second in MVP voting to MJ one year AND lead his team to two finals appearances), had a 26-year old Jim Paxson coming off 2 consecutive All-Star apparances at SG, AND had just traded for Kiki Vandeweghe who was 25, also coming off 2 consecutive All-Star appearances and had just put up 29-5-3 on 56% shooting. They also had Klay Thompson's old man at PF, a former #1 pick and a very good starter in the league. They needed a center and a point guard. They took Bowie that year and Terry Porter next year. If Bowie and Kiki don't go down with career-limiting injuries, maybe the Blazers win in those two finals, and we'd be talking about the whole decision differently. Hindsight is 20-20, though.

It's not like there was wide consensus that Micheal Jordan was better than 2 young All-Stars in their prime and a future All-NBA player all put together. Had the Blazers drafted him, they'd have to gut the team to build around him. They'd also likely have to trade the other players at a cutprice rate to clear the logjam in order to give MJ the minutes(sound familiar?). It would have probably been worth it, but you'd have to be able to see into the future.

So Kanter is a crybaby because he will generate hundreds of millions of dollars and wants to have a say in where he works?

Please don't confuse what he did (wanting to have a say in where he works) with how he did it (unprofessionally, throwing lots of people under the bus).

I love how on the OKC boards they have gone almost silent on Kanter. A few weeks ago, he was the most lopsided trade ever. Now I am not certain they match a 15 million dollar contract offer. Losing assets for a 2 month rental of Kanter and a losing record IS a pretty darn lopsided trade.

Not drafting a player because of depth at a position is the same sort of dumbassery that led the Blazers to take Sam Bowie over Jordan.

Say Tim Duncan was in that draft. Should the Jazz not have drafted a future HOFer because they were loaded at that position?
Your point is valid but maybe the jazz should not have drafted kanter when they had favors, al, and sap...... I don't think kanter was thought of as the next Tim Duncan and was extremely unknown and risky.

I say that usually you should draft best player available but occasionally you should draft based on how your team is structured.

I always wonder why? I have come to slc 3 times and found nice looking randoms twice. I can find it anywhere and especially if am a millionaire I will get randoms everyday no matter where I am.

Pedophilia is frowned on in Utah. Just FYI.

So Kanter is a crybaby because he will generate hundreds of millions of dollars and wants to have a say in where he works?

I have generated millions in profits for the companies I have worked for over the years. I've also worked a few places I didn't really want to and started looking for something else. Guess what? I still went to work and did my job the best I could. He didn't. That's why he's a whiney *****. Why is that so hard to understand? Maybe because birds of a feather flock together?

Go ahead and neg me. I've got 200 notifications up there. I'll never know what you did to me.

I'm dead serious. Look at Eli and Rivers. Archie made the right decision. Eli has two rings because he forced his way to NY. Rivers has zero.

Looks at Elway and the Broncos vs what Indy did in that time. Elway made the right decision. Look at Kobe. He was set to go to Charlotte. Instead, he played for LA and has a ton of rings. You think he didn't make the right decision?

It sucks as a fan of a small market team. Miami and LA will always get the FA's. BUT, I believe there is room for the Utah's and Green Bay's. We just have to be smarter. We have to find players willing to see the positives of playing in Utah, and an amazing FO is a big part of that.

If Kanter doesn't want to come off the bench because it will cost him millions, I'm ok with it. I don't like the way he went about doing it, but I don't blame him for wanting to go to OKC. All of us would want to be traded if playing in Utah cost us a max deal.

You are missing the point so big. Playing in Utah didn't cost him a max contact. In fact choosing to NOT play to his potential while in Utah just might cost him a max contact. Choosing NOT to play cost him PT. CHOOSING NOT TO PLAY caused all of his self proclaimed "problems".

My dad told me that when you stop working hard suddenly everything gets harder. Kanter is proof positive.

It's not insulting at all. It's your fault and my fault he is getting paid that much. I don't see any argument that shows that NBA players aren't screwed by the draft. What other profession do you have potential to make millions and you have no say in where you play?

If my kid was a top 3 pick, and the #1 pick was Minnesota or Charlotte and LA was #2, I'd tell my kid to force his way to LA. I'd tell him to refuse to workout for Minn or Cha. Why send your kid to a horrible franchise? That's not fair to my kid.
He could just decide not to play in the NBA. He had every right to go back to Turkey and play and not sign his contract with the Jazz. It's not like he is forced to play. I see no argument that players are screwed by the draft. Go ahead and go play in Europe for less money it's his right to do so.

Green your missing that Kanter and all other draftees choose the NBA. If you come out of college and choose IBM, you do not tell them where you will be working, and you do not tell them how you will do that work. They tell you. If you don't like it you go find a different company that may pay you a lot less. That is your right, Just as it's a drafted players right to not sign the contract with the team that drafts them. They can always go play for a different league.
He chose the company not the profession. Essentially the Jazz are just a different branch of the NBA company as a whole. He could take his profession and go work for a different company but he didn't do that. He chose the NBA, therefore he is not being screwed by their rules.

I think this is all being blown out of proportion. Not wanting to go to a team that has a log jam and no immediate plans of fixing it is not unreasonable. It's very logical. Answering a question with honesty isn't treachery, or a quality of a bad person.

As has already been said, the immature **** was said in his post shootaround interview. I think his post game was misconstrued, as is this. Why be so hyper-sensitive? Why look for **** to be pissed off about like a chemically imbalanced teenage baby mama?

It's not insulting at all. It's your fault and my fault he is getting paid that much. I don't see any argument that shows that NBA players aren't screwed by the draft. What other profession do you have potential to make millions and you have no say in where you play?

If my kid was a top 3 pick, and the #1 pick was Minnesota or Charlotte and LA was #2, I'd tell my kid to force his way to LA. I'd tell him to refuse to workout for Minn or Cha. Why send your kid to a horrible franchise? That's not fair to my kid.

It's the rules of game. Don't like the rules, then don't play the game.

I think this is all being blown out of proportion. Not wanting to go to a team that has a log jam and no immediate plans of fixing it is not unreasonable. It's very logical. Answering a question with honesty isn't treachery, or a quality of a bad person.

As has already been said, the immature **** was said in his post shootaround interview. I think his post game was misconstrued, as is this. Why be so hyper-sensitive? Why look for **** to be pissed off about like a chemically imbalanced teenage baby mama?

Well, I'm just guessing here, but I think what pisses us off is that Kanter refuses to shut the **** up. He gaines nothing by continuing to bad mouth the Jazz, yet he just keeps pouring gasoline on the fire. Seriously, the guy continues to repeat the same mistake over and over like he has a learning disability.

Well, I'm just guessing here, but I think what pisses us off is that Kanter refuses to shut the **** up. He gaines nothing by continuing to bad mouth the Jazz, yet he just keeps pouring gasoline on the fire. Seriously, the guy continues to repeat the same mistake over and over like he has a learning disability.

Why is it badmouthing, when he says that he didn't want to come to Utah because he wouldn't get enough minutes to develop? The story is about his career and he told the whole story...

That's a garbage excuse too, though the only point I'll concede for him is that he was playing on a team with Ty "vets are the best" Corbin. Still, he could have got plenty of minutes of he were any good, or if he would have worked hard. He wasn't/didn't do either. Then when he gets minutes he cries like a bitch for a trade.

No class, I'm glad he is gone!
Then he should have been a great fit in Utah. Go figure.
The skit consisted of two fake telephone calls to the Jazz mascot from
someone mimicking Malone's voice and using some of the more
colorful verbal combinations he's known for.

Jazz owner Larry Miller played a part in the skit when he took the phone and hung
up on the "caller."

Malone, who spent his first 18 seasons with Utah, was especially
upset with a reference to Bryant's pending rape
trial.

"For them to put that out there about him, that's
disrespectful," Malone said when he heard about the skit. "I will
never, ever forgive them for this. No class at all.
"

Utah's front office apologized to Malone and the Lakers, but Malone publicly questioned the sincerity of the
apologies from the Jazz, who were fined $15,000 by the league for
the skit.