What's new

Esperanto

You guys are starting to make it sound interesting.

Stick to Esperanto, it is easier to learn than those other languages. Plus even if it doesnt get big at least some of us here can talk to each other.

I took 4 years of German and I speak more Esperanto in 1 month of Duo Lingo lessons for 5-10 minutes a day.
Already being fluent in Spanish would help me pick up Italian, I think. German is the language of my bloodlines (other than English), so I've always wanted to learn it.

The second Tree for Esperanto on DuoLingo is coming soon... I'm excited to get a crack at it.
I was starting to do Spanish on DuoLingo, but I gotta be honest... I just don't like it as much as doing Esperanto.
Esperanto is just a much easier language to learn and work through stuff in. It makes it a lot more fun to practice.

Ĉu ni havas Esperantajn komencantojn ĉi tie? :)

EDIT: spelling mistake...

Mi aŭdis, ke se vi skribas en Esperanto en ĵurnalo ĉiutage, vi fariĝos flua multe pli rapida.

Personally, I don't think it will ever get to the point [MENTION=2283]leftyjace[/MENTION] thinks it will.
You're probably right. But I would say I hope it gets to that point more than I would say I think it will get to that point.
I guess I'm just caught up in the vision.

Esperanto
Why don't you come to your senses
You been out riding fences
For so long

I hate The Eagles.
Most overrated band ever.
Queer bashing in this song I wished I could of pulled threw my plan in '73 to bomb there stage show.

Esperanto for English Speakers is now up to 488,000 on DuoLingo.

That's 30,000 added in the last 26 days.

Wow.

DuoLingo Esperanto havas kvarcent naŭdek tri mil uzantoj nun. Eble estus paroli pri io amuze en tiu fadeno, en Esperanto. Pensojn?

DuoLingo Esperanto havas kvarcent naŭdek tri mil uzantoj nun. Eble estus paroli pri io amuze en tiu fadeno, en Esperanto. Pensojn?

Mi kiam mi ne estas komencanto.

Also I had to translate about half of yours and mine might not make sense.

Mi kiam mi ne tia komencanto

Mi kiam mi ne estas komencanto.

Also I had to translate about half of yours and mine might not make sense.

Mi kiam mi ne tia komencanto

The way I read them was like this:

Me, when I am not a beginner.
Me, when I am not such a beginner / that kind of beginner.

Tio estas kion vi diris, ĉu ne?

I'm glad you pointed duolingo out to me. I like the app a lot. I'm less excited about Esperanto, though. I'm going to switch to French. More useful to me, plus my daughter is starting it in school.

I'm glad you pointed duolingo out to me. I like the app a lot. I'm less excited about Esperanto, though. I'm going to switch to French. More useful to me, plus my daughter is starting it in school.

Hey, I can't blame you. That'd be awesome to be able to practice with your daughter!

So some news items on Esperanto.

On DuoLingo, Esperanto for English Speakers is up to 939,000 learners. That's pretty huge... just under 500,000 in less than a year, and approaching a million users at less than the year-and-a-half mark.

Esperanto for Spanish Speakers is now launched, and is up to 164,000 learners.

That means that on DuoLingo, you've got 1,104,000 people learning Esperanto! That's pretty cool! Granted, some of those might be "inactive", like we see happen with a local religious organization - they are still counted on the books, but are no longer practicing. But that's still pretty darn cool, given that the number of people that speak Esperanto frequently worldwide is estimated to be at 2 million or less.

Also, a fun article from a renowned Polyglot about Esperanto, and why he highly recommends everyone study it:
https://www.fluentin3months.com/2-weeks-of-esperanto/