What's new

ESPN predicts Jazz finish 5th.

Really? I feel like the only good players they have are AD and Jrue Holiday. (both of whom struggle with injuries)

I'm not saying they'll be great. But, if they're moderately healthy, they should be in the playoff hunt. IMO.

I think they're sleeping on Memphis, and most people are. They were a 50 win team before their team was nuked by injuries, and they added a really good player at a spot where they've never been as strong.

I like

1. GSW
2. LAC
3. SAS
4. MEM
5. UTA
6. POR
7. OKC
8. DAL(?)

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Agreed. That's probably how I have it too

I don't get how Portland is there. After their poor-man's version of the splash brothers and good management, what's there?

Scratch that, they also have EVAN MOTHER****ING TURNER!!! Look out. So they're spending $20 mil a year on a guy that will be creating a logjam unless they play him as a three, which would make both of their wings undersized.

Clips and Blazers had better start throwing boulders over the cliff onto our heads because we climbing up.

Seems fair... everything depends on injuries and some of the teams like Dallas and Memphis are more susceptible to injuries because of lack of depth and age. I think 4-6 is likely for the Jazz... below that is slightly disappointing... above that is amazeballs.

I don't get how Portland is there. After their poor-man's version of the splash brothers and good management, what's there?

Scratch that, they also have EVAN MOTHER****ING TURNER!!! Look out. So they're spending $20 mil a year on a guy that will be creating a logjam unless they play him as a three, which would make both of their wings undersized.

They have depth and a couple flame throwers... they also have a good mix of guys that can alternate between positions. They also have a great coach. They are legit, but I see their range as 46-54 wins.

They have a pretty good team. I think they handicapped their future ceiling with bad contracts but they should be pretty good this year.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

They have depth and a couple flame throwers... they also have a good mix of guys that can alternate between positions. They also have a great coach. They are legit, but I see their range as 46-54 wins.

I'm actually not even trashing their backcourt, but besides them, who are these "flame-throwers"?

I'm actually not even trashing their backcourt, but besides them, who are these "flame-throwers"?
Well he said couple, so I think he was just talking about the same two you are.

Crabbe and Aminu can throw some flames from deep though.

I think overall Portland overachieved last year and I expect a fall off of some sort but that is probably unfair speculation.

They have 2 good guards (Lillard, McCollum) 2 overpaid backup wings (Turner, Crabbe) 2 hustle guys who are hit and miss shooters (Harkless, Aminu) and 3 backup post defenders (Ezeli, Plumlee, Davis) and a 7 footer who is worse than Kanter at defense, rebounding and offense but can shoot 3's (Leonard). They have a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not make any real noise, and they have completely hamstrung themselves with contracts of 70 million per year between 4 players with only 3 being backups/borderline starters.