What's new

ESPN predicts Jazz finish 5th.

Well he said couple, so I think he was just talking about the same two you are.

Crabbe and Aminu can throw some flames from deep though.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I thought they lost Crabbe to the Nets, but was wrong! I guess that's pretty good for the most expensive wing rotation in the NBA.

Portland won 44 games last year and really overachieved to be honest. I don't see them winning any more than 40-45 games, 6-8 seed.

They have 2 good guards (Lillard, McCollum) 2 overpaid backup wings (Turner, Crabbe) 2 hustle guys who are hit and miss shooters (Harkless, Aminu) and 3 backup post defenders (Ezeli, Plumlee, Davis) and a 7 footer who is worse than Kanter at defense, rebounding and offense but can shoot 3's (Leonard). They have a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not make any real noise, and they have completely hamstrung themselves with contracts of 70 million per year between 4 players with only 3 being backups/borderline starters.

Regardless, they added Turner and Ezeli and some of the younger guys could improve. Most of all, they're really well coached and I could def see them winning 47 or 48 games.

It's too early to call OKC. They could still trade Westbrook if he declines the max extension. If he stays, though, and if they're healthy, then they're a playoff team.

I wouldn't bet on it. They lost Durant and Ibaka, two crucial cogs in their wheel. I'd bet more that Dallas with Carlisle and a crippled Dirk, and a rejuvenated Memphis team, both finish ahead of them.

Think OKC will be a .500 ballclub next season as their roster currently is set. Meaning we could see a Golden State vs. OKC first round

I didn't expect ESPN to be the one giving Utah some love but I like it. I would be very happy with a 5th seed

I still think they are a good team as long as they have Westbrook. A few years ago they only had Durant for 27 games, Westbrook missed a chunk of the season as well and they still won 45 games. This team is much more balanced and has more depth than that one. Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams, Kanter, Roberson, Sabonis, Ilyasova. It's still a talented group.

see i think if they then have durant for 27 less games they then lose a good bunch more. Russ will set the world on fire but he's too inefficient for his team to win a lot with him being the man. I would see them struggling to win 40 games

I don't care where we place as long as the Utah Jazz make the playoffs and play competitively in said playoffs.

see i think if they then have durant for 27 less games they then lose a good bunch more. Russ will set the world on fire but he's too inefficient for his team to win a lot with him being the man. I would see them struggling to win 40 games

I agree to a certain extent because of the games when KD was out last season Russ went nuts but they lost most of those games. On the other hand though we've never seen a Thunder team that was unequivocally Westbrooks team, I think they're still gonna be 4-6 in the West IF OKC doesn't trade him.

This.

1 Warriors
2 Spurs
3 Clippers
4 Jazz
5 Blazers
6 Memphis
7 Wolves
8 Maverics

This is the likeliest outcome. OKC, Mavs, and NO will be fighting for the last spot, hard.

Jazz range is 3-6 with a bias to the upside. Memphis and Blazers are wildcards- they lack depth so injuries will likely determine their placement (though Memphis toughed out their injuries pretty well last year).

Too high.

Surprised at how low people are on Houston. Getting rid of Howard is addition by subtraction. They upgraded at coach. They will be terrible defensively but probably will lead the league in scoring. I think they'll be right behind us, maybe 6-8 seed. No way they are not in the playoff hunt, at least.

When was the last time the Jazz had better than a 5 seed in the playoffs? It has to be about 20 years ago, no?

When was the last time the Jazz had better than a 5 seed in the playoffs? It has to be about 20 years ago, no?

Well, DWill is still playing in the league so it can't be as long ago as 20 years.

Surprised at how low people are on Houston. Getting rid of Howard is addition by subtraction. They upgraded at coach. They will be terrible defensively but probably will lead the league in scoring. I think they'll be right behind us, maybe 6-8 seed. No way they are not in the playoff hunt, at least.

I don't see them as major threats for a playoff spot. They have nobody in the paint that is threatening at all. Nene, Montrezl Harrell, Clint Capela and Chinanu Onuaku? They will be terrible on defense and on the glass, and they have no depth to really speak of. They will score a bunch but I just don't see them getting to the playoffs on the back of Harden, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon in the western conference.

I buy 5th seed and I'm totally happy with the 5th. If we get the 5th seed I'd be stoked, I wanna see this team in a playoff series