What's new

Exum Update

I highly doubt this. He was very good against his peer group even in the world competition he played. I think he still likely ends up as a lottery pick, though I'd guess not a top 5 pick. There's a GIGANTIC difference between playing college ball and playing NBA ball from both a physical and talent standpoint. Exum was drafted high for actual reasons that still exist.

He was good vs Spain or Lithuania. He was absolutely demolished by Smart, Gordon and other USA peers.

He was good vs Spain or Lithuania. He was absolutely demolished by Smart, Gordon and other USA peers.

Meh. He had a bad game and that info was out there already when he was drafted. You can't base opinions on one game. He wasn't going to play an all-star team every game in college. Like I said he might have slipped, but he also would have been very good against almost every college level player.

Edit: Also he tweaked his ankle in that game and only played 11 minutes lol. I was wondering why he played so few. He did have 4 TO's though so he definitely wasn't playing all that well.

Last edited:
Meh. He had a bad game and that info was out there already when he was drafted. You can't base opinions on one game. He wasn't going to play an all-star team every game in college. Like I said he might have slipped, but he also would have been very good against almost every college level player.

Very good example what happens to dominant international players who play in college is Kosta Koufos. He absolutely dominated U-18 Euro's posting numbers better than Kanter or JV for example. And instead of cashing in on hype he went for one year to play in Ohio. Ended up drafted by Jazz in mid 20's. In my mind Kanter and Exum would be following exactly the same path had they played in college.

Very good example what happens to dominant international players who play in college is Kosta Koufos. He absolutely dominated U-18 Euro's posting numbers better than Kanter or JV for example. And instead of cashing in on hype he went for one year to play in Ohio. Ended up drafted by Jazz in mid 20's. In my mind Kanter and Exum would be following exactly the same path had they played in college.
That's what we call an anecdote. It doesn't mean anything in the larger scope of things.

I would love it if he got ejected for a flagrant foul on TJ Warren first game back, although there’s Buckley’s and none of that happening But just see him play super aggressive

Everything I have read leaves me to believe that when Dante is ready to debut this season - he is a chance of a DNP-CD

Nothing I have read or seen makes me think that. Stop being a drama queen.

Hearing Quin's tone and warning of people to not expect much from Dante etc. I read that as him covering himself (for when he doesn't play him much) as much as I do about protecting Dante from criticism.

And mind you, I am not about to tell a team that is probably top 4 in the league atm what to do with the rotation.

I just think people shouldn't expect Dante to be getting regular minutes. (Note to self..)

Perfect game for him to come in. Hopefully we get a cushion that Quinn can leverage to let him make a few mistakes and get his game up to speed.

Exum will make 4 threes in 5 minutes and everyone, me included will freak out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk