What's new

Exum wants to be that guy at the end of games. (Article)

I've been down on exum ever since his first season, he's always looked scared out there on the court. I'm wiping the slate clean this season though, I hope he makes me eat crow. The kid deserves to have a breakout year with all the crap he has gone through

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

He didn’t look scared in SL or preseason, or those 14+ games in regular season play and post. Open your damn eyes, idiot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only guy I’ve seen have as many injuries as Exum early on and become a star is Frank Gore. So there is a precedent and stranger things have happened.

If he is to become a star then it will all come down to whether he can shoot or not. Right now he can’t shoot.

I think staying healthy is the bigger issue than whether or not he can shoot. His defense will keep him on the court and his ability to get to the rim is amazing. Should he learn to shoot then he will get minutes at the end of games alongside Spida.

His injury history is a little over exaggerated. He played 82 in year one, then the knee injury playing for his national team then played 66 games, but also had a ton of DNPCD’s then an idiot decided to jump on his freaking head unnecessarily in preseason. That certainly wasn’t his fault. To me the injury history isn’t that big a concern.

Ummmmm... so... Let's see here.
2013 - PRIOR to his rookie season he didn't play for a year.
2014 - Rookie year he got some time but he SUCKED BAD!
2015 - KNEE - ZERO Games after summer league
2016 - Came back and SUCKED again. Got 66 games but was injured for the rest
2017 - SHOULDER - Played 14 games at the end of the season and looked pretty good in the playoffs
Total Games played: 162
Total games Jazz played with him on the team: 328 + playoffs

To put that into perspective... he has played pisspoor 49% of the eligible games. Most of that time was lost on injuries. When he was available he played poorly and only averaged under 18 mpg. Jabari Parker has played 183/328 games + playoffs during that same time. That's a pathetic 56% of eligible games played. But that's a good 7% higher than Dante. I am sure that you will argue that Jabari seems more injury prone than Dante. Welp... stats my friend. Stats.

I think staying healthy is the bigger issue than whether or not he can shoot. His defense will keep him on the court and his ability to get to the rim is amazing. Should he learn to shoot then he will get minutes at the end of games alongside Spida.

Ummmmm... so... Let's see here.
2013 - PRIOR to his rookie season he didn't play for a year.
2014 - Rookie year he got some time but he SUCKED BAD!
2015 - KNEE - ZERO Games after summer league
2016 - Came back and SUCKED again. Got 66 games but was injured for the rest
2017 - SHOULDER - Played 14 games at the end of the season and looked pretty good in the playoffs
Total Games played: 162
Total games Jazz played with him on the team: 328 + playoffs

To put that into perspective... he has played pisspoor 49% of the eligible games. Most of that time was lost on injuries. When he was available he played poorly and only averaged under 18 mpg. Jabari Parker has played 183/328 games + playoffs during that same time. That's a pathetic 56% of eligible games played. But that's a good 7% higher than Dante. I am sure that you will argue that Jabari seems more injury prone than Dante. Welp... stats my friend. Stats.

God you’re an idiot.

13 had nothing to do with injury. He was going to play college ball in the states, then heard he was projected to be a high lotto pick, so he ended up not playing.

14. He basically came out as a high schooler with taking a year off as well. If you thought he was going to do much of anything, you were fooling yourself. He had a better rookie year then Jermaine O’Neal, on par with TMac, and Kobe, and started more then both. He was extremely young and raw and not ready to play in the nba

15 was a freak injury, none contact

16 he played 66 games, missed 16, 9 were DNPCD’s. So technically there were only 7 games he wasn’t available for.

17 A dumbass decided to jump on his head for no damn reason. It was unavoidable and bad luck, was reported to miss the season, but made it all the way back and showed some of that upside.

All you are is a hater. Maybe you should root for another team. Idiot

I sure as hell hope he has a good year, but he's been so injury prone that my expectations for him are NUL.

You didn’t bother to read the article did you if you had, you’d have read how he’s been working in the gym tirelessly so he can play injury free and how he’s been working on his game. His goal is to one day be that guy so he’s working on his body to be more durable and in the gym working on his game. The point of the article is he has that fire in his belly and is hungry and determined to be great.

Good lord this is an article showing he’s putting in the time necessary to get better, and show how hard he’s working and has a great mind set. And you idiots are too damned lazy to actually read the article and all of the comments are negative toward him.

He’s going to be a huge reason we are going to be successful.

We’ve got a guy that we can put on the likes of a Harden or Curry and make it a lot more uncomfortable for them, he has passion for the game and still working hard even though he’s had two seasons derailed, a horrific knee injury and a stupid player making a stupid play in pre****ing season. Even through all the crap he’s gone through he’s still fighting and working hard, and all you idiots can do is ignore the article and complain about his shooting, turnovers and **** out of his ****ing control, ****ing idiots!!!!!

Mods lock this ****** thread and ban the ****ing idiot (me) for starting such a stupid *** thread, what a stupid idiot I am for thinking you idiots would actually read this thread and see the fighter Exum is!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the thing innit, the kid has ambition.

All you Exum haters are going to look like limp douches by the end if he season

I have heard that before.
I hope you are right this time though.

Before you can take the last shot, you need to get your handle good enough so that Raymond Felton can't full court press you. Huge Exum fan, but his handle has really limited him so far. Once he gets that down his game will grow exponentially.

All you Exum haters are going to look like limp douches by the end if he season
That same stuff was said after draft... than after first year, than after he came back from ACL injury, and before last season as well.

ielchu.jpg

If Exum truly means it I'm ecstatic because it means he's going to work hard to improve & try and get to that honor.

God you’re an idiot.

13 had nothing to do with injury. He was going to play college ball in the states, then heard he was projected to be a high lotto pick, so he ended up not playing.

14. He basically came out as a high schooler with taking a year off as well. If you thought he was going to do much of anything, you were fooling yourself. He had a better rookie year then Jermaine O’Neal, on par with TMac, and Kobe, and started more then both. He was extremely young and raw and not ready to play in the nba

15 was a freak injury, none contact

16 he played 66 games, missed 16, 9 were DNPCD’s. So technically there were only 7 games he wasn’t available for.

17 A dumbass decided to jump on his head for no damn reason. It was unavoidable and bad luck, was reported to miss the season, but made it all the way back and showed some of that upside.

All you are is a hater. Maybe you should root for another team. Idiot

This may be the best example of ignoring reality that I have ever read on this board.

He had a better rookie year then Jermaine O’Neal, on par with TMac, and Kobe, and started more then both

Not sure what you are smoking. Exum had the worst rookie season in NBA history, surpassing Austin Rivers' rookie season in numbers and efficiency, with at least average of over 20 minutes per game.