What's new

Exum wants to be that guy at the end of games. (Article)

I like the attitude, and hope he has a chance to prove himself.

Nobody last year wanted Rubio to take the shot at the end of the game, and I really believe that the shot he took to win the game against the Raptors increased his confidence tenfold (not that that's a hot take, but still). Hopefully Exum gets his shot like that.

Aren’t you the idiot that said if the jazz draft Exum you’d stop posting, and go away? I’m still waiting for you to keep your word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess not everyone evolves. Thee, are you like this in real life? I gotta know haha

Hey idiot!! In order for that to happen he would have to be playing over seas, and have no desire to play in the nba, thanks JACK!!!!

You must be mental... or quite dumb. The point isn't that Tomic played overseas, it's the fact that everyone posted about him year after year after year and he mounted to nothing. That's where we're at with Exum.... he's going to get 'better' year after year after year.... and has mounted to nothing thus far

I've been getting this ad at the bottom of JF page.

Exum_ad.jpg

You must be mental... or quite dumb. The point isn't that Tomic played overseas, it's the fact that everyone posted about him year after year after year and he mounted to nothing. That's where we're at with Exum.... he's going to get 'better' year after year after year.... and has mounted to nothing thus far

I mean, it wasn't a smart comparison either.

Basically you are comparing two opposite players who we discussed for very different reasons. One was a established center and one of the best players in Europe that each year we wondered ad nauseam whether or not he was coming over. He never played a single minute here. On the other hand, the other is a young talent that we drafted for his potential and that, sure, we are still waiting for it to be fulfilled.

You know what comparison could 've been more appropriate? CJ Miles. Yeah, him. Each year was his year until we realized he sucked. It took him 7-8 years to be decent. Exum is different. At least he is an elite defender who can get to the rim at will, plus he offers decent playmaking and on-court chemistry with key players. If he develops into a sixth man/fringe starter then I'm a happy camper.

Basically you are comparing two opposite players who we discussed for very different reasons. One was a established center and one of the best players in Europe that each year we wondered ad nauseam whether or not he was coming over. He never played a single minute here. On the other hand, the other is a young talent that we drafted for his potential and that, sure, we are still waiting for it to be fulfilled.

You know what comparison could 've been more appropriate? CJ Miles. Yeah, him. Each year was his year until we realized he sucked. It took him 7-8 years to be decent. Exum is different. At least he could be an elite defender who can get to the rim at will, plus he offers decent playmaking and on-court chemistry with key players. If he develops into a sixth man/fringe starter then I'm a happy camper.

I feel the same way. Exum will never be "the man" or any such nonsense. But if he stays healthy, he isn't bad. He could become a decent player who can defend well and give you enough on the offensive end. An 11m a year kind of player.

I like the attitude, and hope he has a chance to prove himself.

Nobody last year wanted Rubio to take the shot at the end of the game, and I really believe that the shot he took to win the game against the Raptors increased his confidence tenfold (not that that's a hot take, but still). Hopefully Exum gets his shot like that.
Remember when people were quoting all kind of stats to show Trey Burke was clutch, just cuz he managed to hit a few game winners?

I'm more concerned about how Dante plays game after game for hopefully 80 games and 20 mins/per. Has he shown "flashes?" Certainly. But so have hundreds of others in summer league and preseason games. Hundreds that then have nice careers in the GLeague or Europe or some other foreign league. Dante has not shown - CONSISTENTLY - that he can be a rotation player in the NBA. But he has that potential. He has size and speed. Those two things can't be taught. Will he learn how to shoot? Will he be able to drive and dish? Can he finish at the rim? Color me cautiously optimistic.

You know what comparison could 've been more appropriate? CJ Miles. Yeah, him. Each year was his year until we realized he sucked. It took him 7-8 years to be decent. Exum is different. At least he is an elite defender who can get to the rim at will, plus he offers decent playmaking and on-court chemistry with key players. If he develops into a sixth man/fringe starter then I'm a happy camper.

And how many more years is it going to take for you to realize he was a bust?

He is now an elite defender. Even if he doesn't take a huge leap he would still be ok. It's all about expectations and I feel mine are realistic. So to answer your question: none.

In your case. How many years is it going to take for you to realize your Tomic comparison was dumb?

He is now an elite defender. Even if he doesn't take a huge leap he would still be ok. It's all about expectations and I feel mine are realistic. So to answer your question: none.

In your case. How many years is it going to take for you to realize your Tomic comparison was dumb?

You know who has more potential than Exum? Allen.

Reactions: MVP

Only a bust because he never came over, and it’s not from a lack of the jazz not trying to come over, also it’s too soon to call Exum a bust. He’s still very young and has plenty of room to improve.

Even if Exum was a bust, your saying tomic was the best comparison, you idiot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he can be THE GUY, but I believe in his talent to be a quality player in this league.
I think his ceiling is pretty damn high. If healthy I think he will be a big part of our run for a title.

That being said I could envision him and DM being a nice combo down the stretch. With defense, and Exum driving and kicking to DM for the game winner.
I feel like there is some sort of chemistry there, and we really didnt get enough of them together last season.

Exum played very well in parts of the Rockets series, got to the hoop and made plays as well as any Jazz player. He also played better defense than anyone. It takes a real hater to say that he isn't a rotation player, because hopefully no one is that dumb. I still believe he will be great. He is still very raw when total minutes played against NBA competition is considered, (his rookie year he played alot but shouldn't have). Also, his injuries have been such that he hasn't gotten the exposure to game like situations in practice either. Some people on here like to argue simply because they can. They don't care that they are often wrong.