What's new

Fall 2018 General Conference Thread

Yeah man, editing a quote in order to duck the original question is totally super honest.
Your original question whiffed on the comparison. It's a main reason you seem to be struggling with what's going on.

I'm not bagging on someone for shopping on Amazon and voting democrat. Surely you could see that if you'd step back for a minute.

What admissions? I admit that i support the church in some things. I admit that i support byu in some things. I admit that i hate certain things about the church. I admit that I hate certain things about byu.
What would you like me to admit? Or what do you think i cant admit?
Are you serious right now?? Sheesh. This thread is an active discussion... BUT, it's also an archive. I think if you cared to understand, you'd have done so by now.

Are you serious right now?? Sheesh. This thread is an active discussion... BUT, it's also an archive. I think if you cared to understand, you'd have done so by now.
Not gonna answer my question? I care to understand. Im asking for your help to understand what problem you have here. What is it that im not willing or able to admit or what is it that you want me to admit? Are you unable to answer my question? If so, is there anything i can do to help you answer it?

Your original question whiffed on the comparison. It's a main reason you seem to be struggling with what's going on.

I'm not bagging on someone for shopping on Amazon and voting democrat. Surely you could see that if you'd step back for a minute.
What are you bagging on someone for? From what i can tell its that i support the church and byu and that i also dont like it when the church interferes with prop 2. Is that correct? If not can you help me understand?

Not gonna answer my question? I care to understand. Im asking for your help to understand what problem you have here. What is it that im not willing or able to admit or what is it that you want me to admit? Are you unable to answer my question? If so, is there anything i can do to help you answer it?
Complaining about the money the LDS institution puts into politics you don't support while you (a) play some role in giving them money, and (b) wall yourself off from ever having any influence on where that money goes is dumb and hypocritical.

Complaining about the money the LDS institution puts into politics you don't support while you (a) play some role in giving them money, and (b) wall yourself off from ever having any influence on where that money goes is dumb and hypocritical.

Lol, good luck not supplying any money to the church either directly or indirectly in Utah.

Lol, good luck not supplying any money to the church either directly or indirectly in Utah.
Do I need luck doing it directly + complaining about the use of money in politics + doing so in a public forum + getting miffed when someone calls me out on it?

Do I need luck doing it directly + complaining about the use of money in politics + doing so in a public forum + getting miffed when someone calls me out on it?

Hahaha.

Thank you all

(for accuracy sake I don't think I ever complained about the money byu puts into politics. Just that I don't like it when they get involved)
I do support byu and the church in some things though. Im fully admitting that right now.
I also don't like some things the church does and don't like some things byu does. I fully admit it. Are we squared away now?

Fwiw my dad who was a bishop and goes to church every week, pays tithing and does temple work supports the church and byu. He also doesn't like some things about the church and byu.
I'm guessing pretty much all members of most all churches disagree with some aspects of their religion

Oh, I also fully admit that im a hypocrite. On a lot of things. In addition to my hypocrisy about byu and the church, I also tell my daughter not to swear, yet I swear.
I'm sure I could think of more examples.

That should satisfy you I think. I admit to it all!

Some people nationally would say you couldn't be a Jazz fan without supporting the church.

i strongly support mormons staying off social media.
Lol

As an ex-mormon this is this **** I laugh at with today's culture.

Replace mormon with any other religion, race, or everything that's intertwined and?

And dudes are in here questioning why they're wanting to step away from Mormon and focus on Christ.

Last edited:
Lol

As an ex-mormon this is this **** I laugh at with today's culture.

Replace mormon with any other religion, race, or everything that's intertwined and?

And dudes are in here questioning why.

There is always a group(s) that is popular and “ok” to hate on.