What's new

Favors next season?

I really don't see Favors coming back next year.

For his sake, I hope he gets to go somewhere and be their starting 5.

I'm more interested in about a month if Crowder or Favors is the starter. If Favors is still the starter I'd see a way for him back next year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How many 3s has Favors shot? I MEAN....this seems like a really hyperbolic description of the role he's been playing.

Yeah, wow.

But let's engage here anyway.... Favs wants to play the 4.... I'm sure he knows that comes with shooting some threes. I wonder, though, if he's crying in practice when DL stands behind him and makes him shoot them.

Since Rudy got back - 9 3s in 102 minutes of play with Gobert on the floor. That's 3.2 3s per 36 minutes. For comparison, Jerebko shoots 3.1 3s per 36 for his career(4.4 this year).

I don't think he cries because they are making him shoot them, because he's been a freaking soldier for us and I love the guy and how he's conducted himself and how he played through serious injury on one leg for a full season and he won us a series in the playoffs on one leg. He's not the type to moan, but at the end of the day him and his agent will get together at the end of the season and will weigh his options. Him spacing in the corner for 3s is just not great for his skillset and for his future paydays. It's really as simple as that.

And don't get me wrong, I've probably been the poster here who's defended Favors most and has been saying for the last 2-3 years that Favors and Gobert can coexist together(the introduction of Rubio has been testing my resolve there) and be successful and I still think that.... BUT... this doesn't change the fact that Quin doesn't seem to trust them and seems to want the floor spaced. Favors best attributes and touch around the rim is wasted in such situation. I just think both him and the Jazz will see this as a problem long-term and he will most likely walk in FA.

Since Rudy got back - 9 3s in 102 minutes of play with Gobert on the floor. That's 3.2 3s per 36 minutes. For comparison, Jerebko shoots 3.1 3s per 36 for his career(4.4 this year).

I don't think he cries because they are making him shoot them, because he's been a freaking soldier for us and I love the guy and how he's conducted himself and how he played through serious injury on one leg for a full season and he won us a series in the playoffs on one leg. He's not the type to moan, but at the end of the day him and his agent will get together at the end of the season and will weigh his options. Him spacing in the corner for 3s is just not great for his skillset and for his future paydays. It's really as simple as that.

And don't get me wrong, I've probably been the poster here who's defended Favors most and has been saying for the last 2-3 years that Favors and Gobert can coexist together(the introduction of Rubio has been testing my resolve there) and be successful and I still think that.... BUT... this doesn't change the fact that Quin doesn't seem to trust them and seems to want the floor spaced. Favors best attributes and touch around the rim is wasted in such situation. I just think both him and the Jazz will see this as a problem long-term and he will most likely walk in FA.
I think he walks, too. But I think his value to us this year is better than either (a) a second round pick, or (b) a first-round pick with 2 years of dead salary.
I can bump multiple posts where I said that Favors had turned from a valuable trade commodity to a valuable, expiring bridge to the next era of jazz PFs. I had to make my peace with that decision by the middle of his last injury-plagued season.

I too will be surprised if he comes back.

But what I want to know is.. how is LoPo taking this? Is he on suicide watch?

So glad they kept Favs. I love our oversized yet mobile front court. He and Rudy together are so tough to score on, and with Rubio playing well, foget about it.. the offense is rolling.

My guess is The Jazz shopped Favors hard but couldn't find a deal that excited them.

The fact that he's on the team now doesn't change the fact that he's probably gone after this season.

I'm gonna say it if no one else will, ya'll tip toeing around the real issue. If Favors cannot shoot consistently from behind the arch by the beginning of the 2018-2019 season, than his skill set is no longer viable in the NBA for any team. He is a dinosaur that is being weeded out by evolution of the game.

I'm gonna say it if no one else will, ya'll tip toeing around the real issue. If Favors cannot shoot consistently from behind the arch by the beginning of the 2018-2019 season, than his skill set is no longer viable in the NBA for any team. He is a dinosaur that is being weeded out by evolution of the game.

Imma gonna say it before anyone else has a chance. Rack off u douche

I feel like it's 50-50 right now. Could stay, could go. His price in FA will be a big factor. I'm not sure if the addition of Jae Crowder is a big factor because I'm not sure Jae can be a full time PF. I think Jingles and Favs still start. Jae comes off the bench and gets minutes at SF and PF like the Jazz were doing with Thabo.

Whether or not anyone believes we will/should keep Favors, it's pretty obvious that DL has left the door open to the possibility. Considering the way the team has looked lately, I don't know why anyone would discount the possibility that things could work out favorably. Pun intended.

Also, Favors has talked about how he hated getting traded the first time and how he likes Utah. Some people hate change, but some fans assume ALL players are just looking for greener grass, more money, whatever. I don't think it's out of the possibility that Favors will want to stay if we want to keep him. I would sure bet it's a good possibility if this team jells and wins another first round series. Not that far fetched when we've already handled the spurs twice and played well against other top teams.

Favors is taking 0.6 3’s a game and is connecting at a 23.3% clip.

Interesting.

I gotta think he’s feeling more comfortable (didn’t he miss like every one for a while early in the year) and in turn may begin to take a little more.

Would love to see him finish at about 0.8-0.9 attempts per game and 30%.

Then we re-sign him at 2 years/26M. Not sure he’d get more than that given his injuries and the market.

Faves started the year 1-10 from three.

Since then, he’s 6-20 or 30%. The sample size is tiny and the percentage is bad but it shows progress. Baby steps baby.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back and I think his corner 3 shooting will keep improving. Can he get to the point where he really stretches the floor? That remains to be seen. It was later in his career that Sap developed the ability to do so and I think Favs might be on the same path. I believe if the money is right we will try and keep him but suggestions of around 10 a year are a pipe dream. Question is how high are we willing to go. He has skills that many teams covet. I dont see Jae as the long term solution to the stretch 4 we want but I think he will be a strong contributor.

All of Favors 3PA during this run. Pretty basic spacing concept, just a Gobert roll and Favors camped at the 3. He obviously has been told to be ready to shoot as there is no hesitation. I think this could be a decent shot for him if he were to stay.