What's new

Favors next season?

dong2ha

Premium Jazz Fan
Contributor
Favs is still here. Will he return?

He looks pretty good right now. hitting some corner 3s. If he continues to make some corner 3s and spread the floor.....

Will he be back?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Depends on what the market offers. I could see Atlanta coming at him and him having some interest.

Favs is still here. Will he return?

He looks pretty good right now. hitting some corner 3s. If he continues to make some corner 3s and spread the floor.....

Will he be back?
I’m in the minority here, but I hope that the cost to retain him makes sense to keep him in Utah. I like the Rudy/Favors frontcourt - especially the defense and lineup versatility that it gives Snyder. With the right wings, the Jazz can more easily matchup with a big frontcourt like the Pelicans or Nuggets as they can a run-and-gun team like the Rockets/Warriors.

Favors is not staying in Utah to be Rudy's backup. Forget about this! Even if he doesn't get a big contract he would rather go elsewhere for a 1 year prove it deal where he will actually have the opportunity to play his natural role, rather than spacing in the corner on offense.

Savor the Favors. If the price is right I'd like him back. I think a lot will transpire as the season and playoffs come - how we plays with Rudy. Hoping we can sign him for a deal and he stays healthy.

Favors is not staying in Utah to be Rudy's backup. Forget about this! Even if he doesn't get a big contract he would rather go elsewhere for a 1 year prove it deal where he will actually have the opportunity to play his natural role, rather than spacing in the corner on offense.

Why does he have to be Rudy's backup?

I just double-checked.... Favors is our starting PF right now. Just an FYI.
Yes, right now he is. How much do you think we will give him when Quin obviously doesn't trust them together and has been playing them separate as much as possible? Do you really think in Favors' mind how he's being used with Rudy on the floor is how he imagines his career going forward? Spaced in the corner waiting to shoot 3s?

I have been hard on Favors. However, I see a role for him with us for the next 3-4 years. We could keep him, but I think it has to be under these 2 conditions:

#1 - he makes $10 or less a year. Maybe we could front load a contract like Ingles so it declines while Gobert and others go up.
#2 - he isn't a guaranteed starter. He would start some games due to the matchup and some games when we need to rest Gobert.

I don't see it. Especially if Crowder looks excellent this last bit of the season. Favors is still in his prime and still deserves to start somewhere.

Favors will move on to a team that gives him more touches and more Benjamins. For now, Crowder is going to be our solution at the 4.

Yes, right now he is. How much do you think we will give him when Quin obviously doesn't trust them together and has been playing them separate as much as possible? Do you really think in Favors' mind how he's being used with Rudy on the floor is how he imagines his career going forward? Spaced in the corner waiting to shoot 3s?
I think DL likes good basketball players and having financial flexibility. Favors is a good basketball player. We're going to get that 6th seed and pull an upset. Favors will help. Good experience for whatever our core is moving forward; and maybe Favors will be a part of that.

I would prefer him to stay. I dont think we can get a better player at the 4 to replace him. So assuming we get him for a reasonable deal I prefer to retain him.

I have no idea how he feels about staying though.

If we dont keep him. I would like to see us make an offer to Jabari or Aaron Gordon. It probably gets matched but we should still try, we would have to renounce Favors rights to do that though.

Spaced in the corner waiting to shoot 3s?
How many 3s has Favors shot? I MEAN....this seems like a really hyperbolic description of the role he's been playing.

Yeah, wow.

But let's engage here anyway.... Favs wants to play the 4.... I'm sure he knows that comes with shooting some threes. I wonder, though, if he's crying in practice when DL stands behind him and makes him shoot them.

If Favors gets a good situation for more cash, you'd have to respect his wishes on it. I wouldn't blame him, but I do love him as a Jazzman.