What's new

Favors or Randle?

Salary aside....Favors or Randle?

• Favors

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Randle

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
In the 33 games he came off the bench to start the season, he shot 26% from 3 point land. In the 44 games since he’s been a starter, he’s shot 19% from behind the arc.

Overall, he’s at 23% for the year. I like Randle, but I like Favors more.

Wasn't defending Randle fwiw. Just pointing out he wasn't below 20%. I now realize xthren didn't know what sub meant (didn't people learn this in like 6th grade?) and also that Randle is atrocious as **** from the perimeter.

giphy.gif

randle is a pretty damn good on ball defender, but I heard his PnR defense and rotations are pretty abysmal.

can confirm?

This is true. He looks solid playing 1on1 D against some strong wing players. People can't overpower him driving to the bucket. Favors is pretty solid at everything defensively though, and doesn't rely on shoving people out of the way to score points and get rebounds.

All depends on what Favors does should we make the postseason. Last year, Gobert had some issues but they rarely ever played together. If they cant play together or are ineffective this year, I don't want to pay Favors a probable $12+ this summer. And honestly, I like Randle's upside much more than Favors, but he is a terrible fit too.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Looks like I'm higher on Randle since I feel it is a legitimate argument to make. The reasons provided puts Favors ahead, though. Better defender and better finisher. Few people have the finishing power of Favors.

Randle is a better playmaker, though, and better on ball player, something Quin Snyder likes. I've also noticed Randle is steadily improving. That's a positive flag for me. Has a desire to get better, it seems.

Hello every dear Jazzfanz:

I came from Hangzhou in China, which is the city held G20 in 2016.
I am a jazzfan since 1996, when our team defeated by Sonics in western conference in senve games.
I hope great General Manager Mr. Lindsey can get Aaron Gordon from Magic and Jabari Parker from Bucks, on the base of staying Mitchell Gobert Rubio and Exum.

I think both would ultimately be good and work. Randle has been the Lakers best player most of the season. Favors has been Utah’s 4th or 5th best. If Favors continues to get healthy and be more consistent past 15’ he will be the better fit. I am still
most surprised Utah didn’t land Mirotic at the deadline though.

Funny question, since every time I see the Lakers play, I wonder how good Randle would be on the Jazz. He reminds me much of Malone not only physique-wise but also by the way he moves. Randle is clearly a better one-on-one offensive player, IMO, although Favors is a better shooter - but not a good shooter by any means (he is at around 38% at mid range and long 2s this season). Defensively, Favors is better, at least as a team defender, I think. Overall, Favors seems to me a slightly better player at this point, but can't be trusted to remain health or to carry a higher offensively (or defensive!) load than has been carrying. Besides, he seems over the hill athleticism-wise. Randle, three years younger, still has upside. I would rather have Randle next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’d take almost anybody over Randle. He’s just not a player who helps a team win.

Randle / Favors is an insulting comparison.

Hello every dear Jazzfanz:

I came from Hangzhou in China, which is the city held G20 in 2016.
I am a jazzfan since 1996, when our team defeated by Sonics in western conference in senve games.
I hope great General Manager Mr. Lindsey can get Aaron Gordon from Magic and Jabari Parker from Bucks, on the base of staying Mitchell Gobert Rubio and Exum.

Welcome to the site. How is the work at the IPE going?

Lol - and I love DFav.

We'll see who gets the bigger contract this offseason, it won't be favors.