Salary aside....Favors or Randle?

• Favors

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Randle

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
I am hoping for Mirotic.

Between Favors and Randle, it's Favors.

I think the Jazz are close to having Favors' net contribution pretty much handled if they have to let him go. I know that's probably not a popular opinion.
I’d bring him back. . . and still try to add Mirotic. But I have my reasons that go beyond DFaves, Niko or Jae.

I’d bring him back. . . and still try to add Mirotic. But I have my reasons that go beyond DFaves, Niko or Jae.
I agree that you ideally do. But that's what the next year and a half is going to be about, particularly. I hope so, anyway.

But Niko/Jae sounds pretty damn good to me. I think solving the 4 spot is the determining factor with the ceiling of this team (them being legitimate contenders one day sooner than later), so I've got some fantasies swirling.

But I still think Niko is a better fit than Favors, all things considered (that includes the salary cap picture).

(I also think if you had a patchwork of tough, big, and/or defensive minded and floor-spacing 3s/small-ball 4s [Take your pick{s}: Ingles, Crowder, O' Neal, Sefolosha, and Jerebko]. I think Booker is even an option here to bolster the position for cheap. Bradley also has no chance of getting off the bench with Favors [and Udoh] here.

[I am dying for one of Porzingis, Aaron Gordon, Kawhi Leonard, or Jimmy Butler in the long term.])

Favors for 4 years $12 per? Screw that until we see him succeed next to Gobert come playoff time.

The homerism on Favors is legendarily strong.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bitch, please. Favors-Gobert-Ingles-Mitchell-Rubio are plus ****ing 75 in Utah's most used lineup of 395 minutes. Plus 75! Do you realize how good that is?

Go look up HOU's top 5 man unit and get back to me claiming Gobert and Favors don't work together.

All you dumb *** armchair coaches... QS starts them because they kick *** together.

Bitch, please. Favors-Gobert-Ingles-Mitchell-Rubio are plus ****ing 75 in Utah's most used lineup of 395 minutes. Plus 75! Do you realize how good that is?

Go look up HOU's top 5 man unit and get back to me claiming Gobert and Favors don't work together.

All you dumb *** armchair coaches... QS starts them because they kick *** together.
This is the simple truth to it. When Favors and Gobert have both been healthy, they play well together. The only time that hasn’t been the case was when Rubio first got here and they were trying to sort out Mitchell and Hood’s roles and minutes post Hayward. Once Mitchell won the starting job, Rubio got comfortable, Hood was swapped for Crowder and Gobert came back healthy from his knee injuries. . . this team has been on an unstoppable tear through the NBA.

Best part is that (outside of Jingles) they’re all under 30 - so still room to grow together.

I think realistically the Jazz will think about Randle in free agency depending on what his market is. He's a guy who can create with the ball in his hands and put pressure on the rim with his dribble game as a big. Defensively, he's not Draymond Green, but on offense he can do a number of the same things. The Jazz can spread the floor with guys who can hit 3s and attack close-outs, and then put Randle at the point of attack. With or without Gobert on the floor, it could be potent.