What's new

Game Thread Feb 01, 2024 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. 76ers

Added to Calendar: 02-01-24

Man you are sensitive. I had to check from search and I have used the word "contrarian" 3 times before in nearly 3500 messages over 18 months of posting here.
Cool story. I've never seen a poster do as many "whataboutisms" to deflect from what people are saying more than you do.

Nope. Never a huge clarkson fan. Whole different levels of effort on both ends. Clarkson never ripped a ball away from a guy and then immediately dove on the floor to recover it like sexton did to pat beverly this game. Or guarded a guy full court not allowing him to get the ball over halfcourt causing a turnover. Sexton WAY WAY more efficient than clarkson could ever dream to be. Sexton dishes out more assists than clarkson ever has or will.

Clarkson for his career is 43% from the field. Sexton is 47%. Clarkson is 34% from 3. Sexton is 38%. Clarkson is 83% from the line. Sexton is 84%. Clarkson is 3.7 assists. Sexton is 4.1. Clarkson is 21 ppg. sexton is 22 ppg. Sexton gets to the line 5.2 times per game vs clarkson 3.3. (assists, free throw attemps and points are per 36 for a better comparison though if you use actual ppg and assist per game sexton is still better as he has averaged 30 minutes per game to clarksons 28)

Now if you just use their stats for their time with the jazz then Sexton dominates clarkson way more as clarksons numbers with the jazz are mostly down (other than minutes) vs the rest of his career, while sextons years with the jazz are his best years (other than his minutes being down).
Stats with the jazz this season: Clarkson 41.9% from the field and 29.6% from 3. Sexton 48.5% and 38.3%. Clarkson 87.9% from the line (on 4.5 attempts). Sexton also 87.9% from the line (on 6.8 attempts) Clarkson 21 ppg. Sexton 26 ppg. Clarkson 5.9 assists per game. Sexton 6.6 assists per game. Clarkson 3.3 turnovers per game. Sexton 2.7 turnovers per game. Clarkson 0.7 steals. Sexton 1.1 steals.
With the jazz sexton is the much better player. Its really not close. Basically the only clarkson is better at is rebounds (4.1 vs 3.8) and minutes (30.1 vs 24.3)

Sexton is the better and more efficient scorer, better passer, younger, harder worker, more coachable/adaptable, more fun, and with his defense improving probably the better defender going forward.
Also, i often time see posters say that our team is too nice. We need a Dawg. Someone a bit nasty. Well Sexton will talk some trash. He will get up into guys and be physical. Do some eye popping dunks. Pound his chest and slap the floor. Energy. Emotion. Fire. Fearless. Tough. Wont back down. Stuff this team mostly lacks and needs.
Exactly. The biggest issue with Clarkson is that he is extremely inefficient for long stretches. Sexton on the other hand is pretty consistent with his above average efficiency.

Cool story. I've never seen a poster do as many "whataboutisms" to deflect from what people are saying more than you do.
Lmao at throwing a "whataboutism" to accuse me of "whataboutisms".

Instant classic.

PS: Please stop projecting your flaws to others.

This convo has been hilariously ironic. In a nutshell:
  • I respond to @Pinhead who calls out Cy by essentially continuing his point that Cy can be biased towards certain players
  • Cy doesnt defend but changes topic to point out a supposed flaw in me
  • I respond disputing that flaw
  • Cy doesnt defend but changes topic about me always changing topics
You cant make this stuff up.