What's new

Game Thread Feb 01, 2024 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. 76ers

Added to Calendar: 02-01-24

"I have no idea what happened, but I heard there might be an opportunity to bitch about Sexton, so here I am"
Lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

According to Locke he lined up incorrectly on the key jump ball and inexplicably left Maxey open on his last 3.
A jump ball that Utah recieved after challenging when they didn’t have anyone on the court who could out jump the other team due to the lineup they had in?

The jump ball that the Jazz then let another 10 seconds run off the clock before fouling?

The jump ball that the coach could have easily told Sexton to move because of hose things have a little setup time?

On the Maxey front… the guy scored like 50 on us, and very little of that was on Sexton.

Maxey’s final three was with 1:50 left. He pulled up on the drive from 6 feet behind the arc and Sexton didn’t get an arm up (not great) but was beyond the three point line. He wasn’t wide open.

Saying that was the play that did them in is crap… especially when you look at the errors committed by Clarkson, Collins, George and Agbaji in the 4th quarter and Simone not hitting his open shots.

The Keyonte hate by a lot of you guys is getting out of control. I look forward to you all looking like idiots in the very future.
I’ll bite.. what is there to love about Keyonte? Poor shooting and poor defense. I want him him to be the next nba all star, but he isn’t playing well.

Can you imagine what the love would be if Keyonte put up the numbers Sexton puts up… or even the numbers of Sexton’s worse three games over the past two months?

The Keyonte hate by a lot of you guys is getting out of control. I look forward to you all looking like idiots in the very future.
I look forward to the day I look like an idiot for ever criticizing him too

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

A jump ball that Utah recieved after challenging when they didn’t have anyone on the court who could out jump the other team due to the lineup they had in?

The jump ball that the Jazz then let another 10 seconds run off the clock before fouling?

The jump ball that the coach could have easily told Sexton to move because of hose things have a little setup time?

On the Maxey front… the guy scored like 50 on us, and very little of that was on Sexton.

Maxey’s final three was with 1:50 left. He pulled up on the drive from 6 feet behind the arc and Sexton didn’t get an arm up (not great) but was beyond the three point line. He wasn’t wide open.

Saying that was the play that did them in is crap… especially when you look at the errors committed by Clarkson, Collins, George and Agbaji in the 4th quarter and Simone not hitting his open shots.
It's a huge mental mistake in a clutch moment. It's a reflection on the narrative of Sexton

You can whataboutism all you want doesn't erase Sexton having huge basic mental errors when it mattered most.

I’ll bite.. what is there to love about Keyonte? Poor shooting and poor defense. I want him him to be the next nba all star, but he isn’t playing well.

Can you imagine what the love would be if Keyonte put up the numbers Sexton puts up… or even the numbers of Sexton’s worse three games over the past two months?
He has had a bunch of good games and shown the ability to get where he wants on the court and find teammates for clean looks. His shooting has been super inconsistent but he has a very good shooting stroke and when it clicks it is going to be fun to watch.

It's a huge mental mistake in a clutch moment. It's a reflection on the narrative of Sexton

You can whataboutism all you want doesn't erase Sexton having huge basic mental errors when it mattered most.
Without Sexton we lose by double digits. Sexton getting another 10 minutes and we win. Kessler getting another 10 minutes and we win… the company mouthpiece is just trying to defend the obvious poor coaching decisions.

If you want to talk about huge basic mental errors then let’s talk about who you wanted to give $40mm to like 30 games ago.

He has had a bunch of good games and shown the ability to get where he wants on the court and find teammates for clean looks. His shooting has been super inconsistent but he has a very good shooting stroke and when it clicks it is going to be fun to watch.
Agreed.. if it clicks it will be fun to watch. If the shooting doesn’t click then he is Ricky Rubio without the defense… let that sink in.

Without Sexton we lose by double digits. Sexton getting another 10 minutes and we win. Kessler getting another 10 minutes and we win… the company mouthpiece is just trying to defend the obvious poor coaching decisions.

If you want to talk about huge basic mental errors then let’s talk about who you wanted to give $40mm to like 30 games ago.
You sound mad