What's new

Game Thread Feb 04, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Bucks

Added to Calendar: 02-04-24

I believe he was clarifying, not making any type of statement. Collins is also a big, that was why it was written like that.
While probably true, if it was the other way around, everyone would clarify it by name(s). But yeah, I don't want to be nitpicking more, just enjoying the win!

I noticed while watching the replay Keyonte and Olynyk communicating a bunch, hyping each other up, seeming to have really good vibes between the two of them.

Pretty far cry from the clip from last game.

Just finished the first half. I’m so over JC. Trade his *** yesterday!!! He sucks

I think JC was again an important part in the win, even though his shot wasn't falling as well as it should have been. A few great assists. He is definitely not a starter, but a perfect sixth man as he is usually an efficient clutch scorer (nobody is hot always, but he is often (enough?)). I do think that if Keyonte keeps developing (had perhaps his best offensive game tonight? ), JCs role might not be as important, but he does bring depth and options coming off the bench. John Collins was a reasonably reliable scorer trailing, but damn I do wish he had a wider wingspan/height to be more intimidating (a younger Brook Lopez could replace J.Collins/Kessler, but Kessler is still a work in progress - although I doubt he'll become a 3pt threat ever).

I noticed while watching the replay Keyonte and Olynyk communicating a bunch, hyping each other up, seeming to have really good vibes between the two of them.

Pretty far cry from the clip from last game.
That clip that got also used as a screenshot was about building a narrative. Not a single word from anyone within or close to the team that there are rifts in the locker room, especially around KO.

It was all about putting a bad spotlight on the rookie.

My takes:
  • Keyonte had his best game and it wasnt just about his hot 4th quarter shooting. He also had some defensive moments where he made things hard for the Bucks when they were trying to pick on him. Even had one such moment against Giannis where they got him switched and Key came out of it without looking like a rookie punching bag.
  • Second game in a row where JC was bricking his shots but still had a positive impact. Its amazing that if he just decides to divert his energy from hero to team ball, it doesnt even matter if he isnt producing points the offense still looks great.
  • Kessler was big for us and enabled us to play less gimmicky on defense. Collins needed Lauri or someone to help and double Giannis immediately when he touched the ball, but Kessler enabled us to slow him down without excessively aggressive doubling, even if we did double Giannis around the elbow and high post in the 4th as well.
  • Portis had himself a great game and Giannis was like he usually is, but MAN did Dame look rough both shooting and driving. If I was a Bucks fan, I would worry about that 60M cap hit a lot.
  • Rare 0 FT game for Lauri, but he didnt really attack inside that much apart from few alley oops and pindowns. Was more of a catch and shooter this time, and did a good job finding open space and hitting his shots.
Great game and a great team win. Hopefully the trunaround within this game provides a positive boost for us.

Last edited:
Keyonte, Clarkson, and KO were all great down the stretch but Kessler is the reason we won more than anything
If we have Collins in there instead of Kessler then the bucks keep scoring and we can never catch up.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

This was a classic rest advantage game. We didn't even need to guard the perimeter in the 4th quarter because they didn't have the legs to hit an outside shot.

I think our next game looks winnable as well. We won't necessarily have a rest advantage, but OKC just had a 2OT game and is going to be at elevation. They are also missing Jalen Williams, and their two top bench players Isaiah Joe and potentially Cason Wallace.

This was a classic rest advantage game. We didn't even need to guard the perimeter in the 4th quarter because they didn't have the legs to hit an outside shot.

I think our next game looks winnable as well. We won't necessarily have a rest advantage, but OKC just had a 2OT game and is going to be at elevation. They are also missing Jalen Williams, and their two top bench players Isaiah Joe and potentially Cason Wallace.
But the whole roster will be traded by then

Also, sexton is shooting a career high volume from 3 by a large margin........ while shooting above his career average on 3 point percentage
Per 36 he is attempting 6 threes per game and making 38.4% of them.

Also 6.6 assists. his previous best season for assists was 4.5. (per 36)

Remember when Sexton broke Giannis ankles and put him on the floor and scored and stared him down. That was awesome. Also about an inch away from posterizing giannis later in the game.
Did Giannis flop on that. Didn’t look like Sexton did much of anything also just the way sexton fell looked like he flopped too when he got body checked. Loved the stare down.

Did Giannis flop on that. Didn’t look like Sexton did much of anything also just the way sexton fell looked like he flopped too when he got body checked. Loved the stare down.
Gianni's definitely flopped. But he flopped because he was beat so bad that he wanted it to look like the reason he was beat so bad was because he was hit in the face or something when he really just got badly beat by a dude that's almost impossible to stay on front of.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think Sextons elbow sent a gust of wind towards already stumbling Giannis who forgot for a second that he isnt an Italian soccer player.

Bucks fans call it battery or flagrant 2, we call it a flop. World is in balance.

That sequence was weird with Sexton, Giannis, and Beasley. Sexton grabbed Beasley like he was giving him tough love and didn't necessarily want to hurt him. I thought they had a good friendship from Beasley's brief stay with Utah though.

I think Sextons elbow sent a gust of wind towards already stumbling Giannis who forgot for a second that he isnt an Italian soccer player.

Bucks fans call it battery or flagrant 2, we call it a flop. World is in balance.
Was watching the Bucks feed. Saw one angle where Sexton's shoulder definitely caught Giannis in the chops as he went by. Totally inadvertent. The type of hit that Giannis frequently gets a call for in his favor when he's driving on offense. But a real hit.