What's new

Game Thread Feb 04, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Bucks

Added to Calendar: 02-04-24

Was watching the Bucks feed. Saw one angle where Sexton's shoulder definitely caught Giannis in the chops as he went by. Totally inadvertent. The type of hit that Giannis frequently gets a call for in his favor when he's driving on offense. But a real hit.
It certainly was nothing compared to Crowder clotheslining Olynyk.

Good win ! But not a fan of sexton taunting Gianni’s especially when youre down 15 pts and wasn’t part of the lineup that erased it. Once sexton came out in the 3rd momentum shifted thanks to back 2 back 3s by keyonte. He never came back in the 4th. Nice shifty move though

Here’s one for ya. Name a rookie this season that’s hit more big shots for his team in crunch time than Keen George.
I have seen Chet hit a bunch of clutch shots in crunchtime. Granted he is a "redshirt" rookie, but he has been very good. I tend to watch multiple feeds at once, and have watched a lot of games, and he stands out in my mind. A very composed 21 yr old. Mark Few underutilized him to a criminal degree, robbing Gonzaga of one of their last good chances for a trophy (NIL is already having an effect on them).

Keyonte may be the best tookie at hitting clutch shots at a much higher % than his average. The one thing I have noticed is his shot is almost always on line, and often misses at the back of the rim. I think he has a high probability of becoming a good distance shooter.

I have seen Chet hit a bunch of clutch shots in crunchtime. Granted he is a "redshirt" rookie, but he has been very good. I tend to watch multiple feeds at once, and have watched a lot of games, and he stands out in my mind. A very composed 21 yr old. Mark Few underutilized him to a criminal degree, robbing Gonzaga of one of their last good chances for a trophy (NIL is already having an effect on them).

Keyonte may be the best tookie at hitting clutch shots at a much higher % than his average. The one thing I have noticed is his shot is almost always on line, and often misses at the back of the rim. I think he has a high probability of becoming a good distance shooter.
I haven’t looked at the stats or anything and I know Wemby has to win the ROY to placate the powers that be, but dam doesn’t Chet look more polished in my eyes. Extra year I know but still.

Good call on Key’s distance shooting. I wonder where he ranks in that metric with the other rooks.

Last edited:
Good win ! But not a fan of sexton taunting Gianni’s especially when youre down 15 pts and wasn’t part of the lineup that erased it. Once sexton came out in the 3rd momentum shifted thanks to back 2 back 3s by keyonte. He never came back in the 4th. Nice shifty move though
If he made contact I'm less of a fan of the taunt but it's not a big deal. I think it was fun to stare a little bit but it's also completely fair for Beasley to bump him. I'm not sure who's flop was worse though Giannis or Sexton's. You really can't give a stare down like that then flop right after. I'm also not a fan of Sexton pulling him down after he didn't get the dunk on him to go. That's getting into dirty territory.

How about Chet Holmgren and Victor Wembanyama?
Stats wise its hard to argue against Keyonte's clutch minutes but you probably have to put Chet slightly above him. But obviously Keyonte makes a big jump in the clutch. He averages the 5th most minutes. He shoots the best 3 point percentage of guys who actually play. He has 3rd most FTA and 3 point attempts. Keyonte has the most assists in the clutch. On a per game he is above both of those guys on most things. But they do play more. Chet has made more big 3s at a slightly worse clip. Victor has been shooting pretty poorly from 3 all game and in the clutch. Chet is +40 in the clutch, but he is on the best team in the West. Keyonte is +26. Victor is -50, which is the worst of any rookie.

Stats wise its hard to argue against Keyonte's clutch minutes but you probably have to put Chet slightly above him. But obviously Keyonte makes a big jump in the clutch. He averages the 5th most minutes. He shoots the best 3 point percentage of guys who actually play. He has 3rd most FTA and 3 point attempts. Keyonte has the most assists in the clutch. On a per game he is above both of those guys on most things. But they do play more. Chet has made more big 3s at a slightly worse clip. Victor has been shooting pretty poorly from 3 all game and in the clutch. Chet is +40 in the clutch, but he is on the best team in the West. Keyonte is +26. Victor is -50, which is the worst of any rookie.

I think Chet deserves the title just because he plays in all clutch games. Keyonte has an "advantage" in that when he is having a bad day, Hardy doesnt play him in the 4th. So he is only closing games when either the matchup is favourable or he is feeling it (at least better than JC/Sexton).

But the fact still is that he doesnt choke, and is able to play at a higher level under increased pressure.