What's new

Game Thread Feb 06, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 02-06-23

Yeah, it's a hard sell expecting professional athletes who get paid millions to be in the profession they're in to act like professionals.
They are basketball players. The team started as an underdog group that meshed through the shared experience of being written off. When you bring in the trade rumors and the reality that the FO doesn't believe in you, that is going to affect things. You can't expect a player who is constantly in trade rumors to be as invested in a team they probably won't be on in 3 days. Even if they want to be professional, there are human factors that you just can't turn off. Money doesn't change those factors.

Finally got a chance to watch this one.
- A lot of this loss was shooting variance. We missed a lot of open shots from guys who normally make them.
- It was interesting to see Dok in the rotation. He made a couple mistakes, but overall exceeded my expectations.
- Gay with a much higher usage than we probably want.
- The whistle really took us out of our game and prevented us from going on any runs to end the game.
- I had seen some quotes from Hardy/ others about effort and focus, but that didn't really stick out when I was watching. I just think our defense is really bad that if we aren't hitting 3s we're going to struggle to outscore anyone, even a depleted team.