What's new

Game Thread Feb 06, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 02-06-23

Even Ty Corbin would be like "Why is Hardy riding the vets so hard? Play the young guys more!"
Ainge has to be pulling out his hair by now. Hopefully by Thursday he leaves him no choice but to play the youngsters.

Well… at least Mike turned his ankle… great work everyone.

(Sarcasm… I said earlier we should hold guys out of games this week if they have a good chance to get moved)

Imagine going to work tomorrow and knowing that 25% of the workforce is going to be let go within 3 days. How hard are you going to work and be distracted.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dallas was 0-7 without Luka coming into tonight.

The trade deadline is less than 63.5 hours away.

I might get some hate for this, but games like this are why I don't think Lauri is THEE number one option on a championship team. He is fantastic, incredibly efficient, and can be a 1B guy, but you need someone that you can go to at the end of the game to get buckets. In this game we faced a very short handed team and they easily blunted Lauri's abilities.
If you did watch the game you should know that FOUL TROUBLES screwed up Lauri's game.
Hardy should've pulled him out after 4th foul. NO SENSE to play a player who's foul troubles and 2 fouls away to being fouled out.
Foul troubles are one way to eliminate and shut down an allstar player like Lauri it is bad for Jazz but powerful and useful to Mavericks.

That was great coaching of Jason Kidd and very good defense to Mavericks.
Better team with better scoring and defense won so shut up and move on.

Imagine going to work tomorrow and knowing that 25% of the workforce is going to be let go within 3 days. How hard are you going to work and be distracted.

Not saying the trade deadline isn't a distraction, but comparing guys getting paid millions to play basketball facing a possible trade to your average joe facing a layoff is one hell of a false equivalency.

Not saying the trade deadline isn't a distraction, but comparing guys getting paid millions to play basketball facing a possible trade to your average joe facing a layoff is one hell of a false equivalency.
Not really. You have no say of if it happens and where you're going to be living. It's not as simple as just ignoring it.

Not really. You have no say of if it happens and where you're going to be living. It's not as simple as just ignoring it.

Most of the guys that are being talked about in trades are guys that would probably welcome a trade to contender. I doubt that they are stressing that much about it.

You're neglecting the minor detail where one person's livelihood is at stake and the other is still getting paid millions.

You're neglecting the minor detail where one person's livelihood is at stake and the other is still getting paid millions.
Just because you're still making money doesn't mean you wouldn't be distracted. Everyone is a creature of habit. Not knowing what's next is obviously hard to ignore.

Just because you're still making money doesn't mean you wouldn't be distracted. Everyone is a creature of habit. Not knowing what's next is obviously hard to ignore.

This is why in my first reply to you I said "Not saying the trade deadline isn't a distraction,"

My point was more that getting laid off and having your income cut from "enough to live off of" to "$0" is universes different than getting traded and having your income go from millions to still millions.

If anything.. if I knew layoffs were coming I’d be busting my ***. If certain guys aren’t locked in does that tell you what they want.

This is why in my first reply to you I said "Not saying the trade deadline isn't a distraction,"

My point was more that getting laid off and having your income cut from "enough to live off of" to "$0" is universes different than getting traded and having your income go from millions to still millions.
For sure it's not the same thing. It's enough for guys to look like they're not playing sharp and not giving full effort too. Would you be diving for loose balls and setting up teammates? Or most likely just playing hero ball and Boozeresque defense.
The worst games every year seem to be the last 2 weeks before the trade deadline.