What's new

Game Thread Feb 07, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Knicks

Added to Calendar: 02-07-22

When everyone was healthy and we had our full rotation, Joe and JC were each playing around 24 minutes a night. Does Quin let JC absorb some of Joes minutes and play closer to 30 minutes a night now? I really hope not but I could totally see it happening, especially if we don't add another rotation player before the deadline.

When everyone was healthy and we had our full rotation, Joe and JC were each playing around 24 minutes a night. Does Quin let JC absorb some of Joes minutes and play closer to 30 minutes a night now? I really hope not but I could totally see it happening, especially if we don't add another rotation player before the deadline.
JC will absolutely get the lion's share of the minutes, once he is back to full-speed. And we will get to see a lot more 2 or 3 for 12 to 15 nights from 3. Do not be surprised if he shoots more 3s than Curry but at 30% from 3.

3-11 every night?

Yay.

Man, I really want to see JC lose minutes to Forrest/Butler, not gain.

I will be extremely pissed if either Butler or Forrest doesnt play tonight. They both need to be out there.

I got no problem with JC getting something like 20 per game, and that being increased if he's out there shooting flames, but I sit him if he's not playing with energy on defense 100%.

Quin is a poor excuse of a coach if he doesnt use this opportunity with the young guys to push the vets. Even if it's all for show, at least act like the minutes need to be won.

I contend we would be much better with Butler/Forrest on the floor than Clarkson/(Ingles - rest his soul), getting those extra Ingles minutes.

I contend we would be much better with Butler/Forrest on the floor than Clarkson/(Ingles - rest his soul), getting those extra Ingles minutes.
Ingles would have shown up for the playoffs, I'm sure of it. Maybe not great stats, but the intagibles he brings are enormous.

Forrest has significant shooting worts that will likely be exposed come playoff time. His bully-ball scoring wont work against playoff teams that have decent backup guards.

Butler is still a ways away and I fear we stunted his growth too much this year for him to truly be an asset come playoff time, but hopefully we can continue to see.

Ingles would have shown up for the playoffs, I'm sure of it. Maybe not great stats, but the intagibles he brings are enormous.

Forrest has significant shooting worts that will likely be exposed come playoff time. His bully-ball scoring wont work against playoff teams that have decent backup guards.

Butler is still a ways away and I fear we stunted his growth too much this year for him to truly be an asset come playoff time, but hopefully we can continue to see.
If we get Butler on the floor more consistently for the rest of the season we will maximize his development and potential contribution. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of faith in that. I think Snyder will go right back to his normal rotations and we will see Clarkson/Gay/Forrest and maybe Paschall or House if we sign him get most of Joe's minutes distributed among them.

I don't think Forrest will be playable at all in the playoffs. Teams will completely sag off him and he'll absolutely kill our spacing on offense. And Butler clearly hasn't earned Quins trust yet.

They better have the "bleep" button fired up cause Joe can sensor himself somewhat but not completely and there will be words said that can't be on TV. Maybe could make a drinking game of it.

Can't make a drinking game out of Boler's misuse of basketball venacular or incorrect calls because most of us would die from alcohol poising and those of us that don't would have our livers failing within 1-2 weeks.