What's new

Game Thread Feb 10, 2023 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Raptors

Added to Calendar: 02-10-23

Dudes. There is indeed Finnish contingent who will depart that same second when Lauri gets traded. Be aware of it, be acknowledged about it, and - as far how it goes with Jazz - expect it. Lauri himself cannot ever make a Team, but he can do that even alone, better than Jazz fandom have been capable of. The Biggest problem in Jazz fandom is that people who will be always against the Jazz.

If Lauri sucks, that goes practically for everyone else than Lauri himself. In these circumstances. :D
Understandable. That's why I said its not wrong just different. Jazzfanz is harmless compared to others. The trick is not take everything seriously. It's a fan site afterall

Understandable. That's why I said its not wrong just different. Jazzfanz is harmless compared to others. The trick is not take everything seriously. It's a fan site afterall
To me it seems that this has been thus far the first this kind of a constructive discussion about the different point of views between international bandwagonists and local tribe-members.

There were major clashes on the Bulls forum and some on Cavs forum but in neither ones the differences were raised as a topic open for discussion.

As I discribed earlier, Finns tend to be upstraight and interpreted as rude and provikative (some genuinly are) but I think the consensus is that almost all on both sides hope that things pan out between Lauri and Jazz as this has been an amazing story to date.

Looking forward to seeing the statue being unveiled in SLC in a decade or two.

What’s going to happen when Lauri retires a Jazzman and we build him a statue?
Assuming Danny is here for the next 10+ years the best case scenario is this:

Markkanen will play here for a decade, win chips and MVPs and become the greatest Jazzman ever....
only to have Danny sell him for 5 FRP at the twilight of his career so that the next superteam can be built.

Lauri still gets the shirt in the rafters and statue on the outside in that scenario though, so its still a good deal.

Native Jazz tribe and Finnish Bandwagon fit and do exceptionally well with each other. There is even some kind mutual gentleness. Perceived.

Everything goes well and is OK. Generally.

I don't know where your pov is coming from but obviously you are a lauri fan and not a jazzfan. You are more concerned about one player, we are concerned about the whole team. I bet you will leave this group if lauri move to another team while us stays here and embrace whoever is left or coming. After all we live in this city anyway. Not saying that you are wrong just saying there's a difference.
Well, I wrote in my previous post about exactly this. Most Finnish fans already, just 50 games in, are more Jazz fans than they ever were Bulls or Cavs fans in addition to being Lauri fans of course. The only thing worse than rooting for a multi-year tanking team is a team that's not trying to tank, but ends up winning 22 games, because it's coached by Jim Boylen and led by blind chuckers with no D. But if Lauri somehow teleported to be on the Nuggets tomorrow, then the Nuggets it is.

But I and many others are also already invested in Kessler's development, wishing for Ochai to break through, hoping that Hardy himself can keep developing. I would much more prefer for him to be the main cog in the rebuild of the Jazz to a contender, rather than him just dropping on a team that's a ready-made Finals team.

Joy in multi year tank? You believe everything you read here? ;) who is doing multi year tank? What we are doibg requires time. Again may not fit lauris timeline if he want to win a ring.
The only people I have been responding to are the ones demanding / asking for / hoping a multi-year tank. I haven't responded to people who think "let's see where we are after the summer".

What is strange? Booing fans? This is the natural behaviour of every die hard fan. All fans hate their star players leaving. they all ask for loyalty and will feel sad if you go. But eventually they move on.
Yes. Booing Don, booing Rudy, just don't get it. Wishing that everyone in the arena would boo them. Neither of them had a hand in them being traded away.

I get it if it's "The Decision" or some of these "superteam" scenarios.

What’s going to happen when Lauri retires a Jazzman and we build him a statue?
That's the dream. Torille! we Finns would say. (To the market square for drunken celebrations, that is.)

@Korisfani is one of the most sensible Finnish guys here at the parts, listen him.

Ignore me, I'm just random conestoga Finn, nearly always drunken when opening the site. I always react by instinct, and by feel. However, if every other Finn will fail and will be too salty, then it gonna be free meal for me. Peace.

Someone must be that one, even if all others disagree.

@Korisfani is one of the most sensible Finnish guys here at the parts, listen him.

Ignore me, I'm just random conestoga Finn, nearly always drunken when opening the site. I always react by instinct, and by feel. However, if every other Finn will fail and will be too salty, then it gonna be free meal for me. Peace.

Someone must be that one, even if all others disagree.

Korisfani is a really good poster for sure.

To me it seems that this has been thus far the first this kind of a constructive discussion about the different point of views between international bandwagonists and local tribe-members.

There were major clashes on the Bulls forum and some on Cavs forum but in neither ones the differences were raised as a topic open for discussion.

As I discribed earlier, Finns tend to be upstraight and interpreted as rude and provikative (some genuinly are) but I think the consensus is that almost all on both sides hope that things pan out between Lauri and Jazz as this has been an amazing story to date.

Looking forward to seeing the statue being unveiled in SLC in a decade or two.
Lauri will get a statue and Finns will come from all over the world to pay homage to the Finnish King who brought a title to Utah. It will unite the two lands and help form a NWO that will preserve and protect this earth when the aliens invade… an event that will force people from every land to unite… there is a lot more at stake than just some basketball games here… we are talking about world peace.

Lauri will get a statue and Finns will come from all over the world to pay homage to the Finnish King who brought a title to Utah. It will unite the two lands and help form a NWO that will preserve and protect this earth when the aliens invade… an event that will force people from every land to unite… there is a lot more at stake than just some basketball games here… we are talking about world peace.
You have aliens floating in the sky, we have warhungry russians across the border. NWO it is, I will drink to that.

And that.

I tried just paint a picture of his inner self.

Imagine a forest, company of Finns (not all that drunkards I am) and Commander Markkanen, how many words are needed?