Game Thread Feb 14, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 02-14-22

I would like to see us test out a small ball lineup as follows:

(5) Paschall
(4) House
(3) Royce
(2) Don
(1) Mike

Might that work in the Playoffs? I really don’t want to see Paschall play less when Gay comes back. I want to see more development from Paschall.

Geez, might House be the missing piece? It might be nice to have one more 3 and D guy instead of NAW.

House is a pretty ideal backup at the 3 for the modern game. He can guard 1-4, make open 3pt shots, move the ball, and make some athletic plays. The problem with Paschall is that he doesn't rebound enough. I'm not sure why that is. The Jazz need his energy and toughness on the floor.

(5) Paschall
(4) House
(3) Royce
(2) Don
(1) Mike

Might that work in the Playoffs? I really don’t want to see Paschall play less when Gay comes back. I want to see more development from Paschall.

Geez, might House be the missing piece? It might be nice to have one more 3 and D guy instead of NAW.
I don't think you can play Mike in small ball. If you replace Mike with Gay, that would be a lineup I'd like to see.

We got 35 pts, 24 rebounds, and 4 blocks from our center position last night. If we get THAT kind of production from the center position consistently, Phx better watch out.

Mitchell playing darn near the best ball I've ever seen. 9-15 shooting, 30 pts, 7 assists, and 6 boards. Those are prime Flash numbers. He controlled the game.

(5) Paschall
(4) House
(3) Royce
(2) Don
(1) Mike

Paschall is more of a 4 than a 5. Take him as a poorman's Morris Sr if you will. Can score OK but doesn't do anything else you’d expect from a big man. We just don't have enough size and defense at the 3/4 spot to justify going small.

Right now the whole team is playing great. I would love to see Royce and mike shut down for ten days to let them recharge. That way they come back for the playoffs with a full battery

All star break

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Paschall is more of a 4 than a 5. Take him as a poorman's Morris Sr if you will. Can score OK but doesn't do anything else you’d expect from a big man. We just don't have enough size and defense at the 3/4 spot to justify going small.
Gay
Bogey
Paschall/House
O'Neale
DM

or

Gay
Paschall
O'Neale
DM
Conley

Not a bad small-ball lineup.

As opposed to the small-ball lineup I want to see this lineup for just a couple of minutes at some point, just for fun:

Doke
Gobert
Whiteside
O'Neale
DM

Just play a zone. No one can score anywhere. Would be fun to watch for a few minutes.