What's new

Game Thread Feb 16, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 02-16-22

The dude had 3 FG attempts. Is it his fault no one passes him the ball? Hassan too, had very few attempts. Maybe our guards should… you know, pass our bigs the ball when they have a clear alleyoop/seal?
Rudy is only successful if we miss shots because he can't create his own offense. For that reason no one trusts him with the ball because he can't dribble either

Of all the things the Jazz could improve on, choking in the clutch easily surpasses everything else combined.
Agree. Deer in the headlights whenever a bully team man’s up. After playing great ball for three qtrs the Jazz panicked and played their Clippers game. We

Of all the things the Jazz could improve on, choking in the clutch easily surpasses everything else combined.
Agree. Deer in the headlights whenever a bully team man’s up. After playing great ball for three qtrs the Jazz panicked and played their Clippers game. Went limp on D and reverted to the three ball and missed every one. Snyder just watched.

He's a phenom, don't get me wrong, but the constant complaining, primadonna mentality, "LeGM" ing of franchises, being a coach killer, hate on Utah, stat padding just doesn't make me a fan.
The fact that you're not a fan of LeBron is completely your prerogative and I respect that.

But to claim that Michael Jordan was any different is just flat out wrong. Jordan was a complete diva, punching teammates in practice, whining to the media about calls, getting in the refs faces, etc, but the league just never allowed the press or narrative to paint him in a bad light.

Rudy is only successful if we miss shots because he can't create his own offense. For that reason no one trusts him with the ball because he can't dribble either
Did you even read my previous post?

We had over 35 pts on 16-21 shooting from our center position against Houston. Today? 12 pts on 4-6 attempts.
The same crew that couldn't create shots seemed to have their way against Houston.

Rudy had several opportunities with seals and lobs last night but no one bothered passing him the ball. On 3 occasions I specifically remember Royce/House passed up 3s to drive baseline and instead of lobbing it up to Rudy they got themselves in trouble driving too far into the defense. There were a number of times too where Rudy had the seal on a smaller defender and was ignored.

Whiteside is much better at getting his own shot and still only had 3 attempts.

So we can either believe that our C position sucks or our guards/forwards forgot to get our centers involved (again).

It's weird how easily Jazz fans will attack Rudy for his offensive limitations while giving our guards a pass. Perhaps our guards need to be better at seeing the court? I understand that long defenders give our short guys trouble. But physical limitations don't seem to stop Jazz fans from attacking Rudy's high center of gravity.

All I know is that there were several times we ignored our bigs last night. So much so that even Doris Burke was talking about it. Our inability to make defenses pay by switching their smalls onto our bigs really dooms our offense since we can't always depend on the the 3 ball to go in.

undersized guard problem. Mike clearly was bothered by THT. he cant see the path clearly. dm OTOH seems like he's on a solo mission.he had 5 assist 2 went to Hassan but none to Rudy.
Legit concern, too bad you're the only person on this damn board mentioning it. I remember one time Conley tried a weak *** bounce pass to Rudy. The ball was down at his knees. You're not going to find many centers who like those passes. I think sometimes Mike forgets that our bigs are athletic and not nailed to the floor like Zbo and Marc Gasol.

again, expectation. we gotta accept Conley for who he is. some fans here act like he's CP3 but he's just nowhere near that level of impact.
Too me that isn't the issue. I just didn't want him based on what we had to pay to get him.

We lost Crowder, 2 frps, Allen and KK for an undersized PG added to an already undersized backcourt. It was a bad decision.

On top of that, he is paid a lot, which takes away flexibility to add other players.

I really like Conley, but that trade was really bad.

Last edited:
People have to come to terms and stop making excuses for Rudy Gobert's horrible offensive skills. Other 7ft players can dribble shoot rebound and block shots. Rudy just doesn't have the tools on offensive to justify his contract. We are paying him for defense and defense alone. I think Ainge and Smith realize we over paid him for his abilities. I hope he gets traded because we have to build around Don and not Rudy.

It really feels to me like guys are freezing Rudy out. There are plenty of times they see him with a smaller man when he has position and don't get it to him. Almost like a screw you type of thing. I wonder if Rudy really gets on their nerves and this is the result. Quin not addressing it and finding a remedy whether it's bad blood or just a lack of awareness is a concern.

It really feels to me like guys are freezing Rudy out. There are plenty of times they see him with a smaller man when he has position and don't get it to him. Almost like a screw you type of thing. I wonder if Rudy really gets on their nerves and this is the result. Quin not addressing it and finding a remedy whether it's bad blood or just a lack of awareness is a concern.
Before last night, the last few games have been fluid, fun, high energy, enjoyable.

It concerns me that Don and Rudy always talk about "winning a title" over and over with such a business approach to it. At some point, it has to be fun. I have been saying for a while that I just don't think the guys rally around Rudy. I think there is respect there, but there seems such pressure. The last few games, albeit against bad competition, the games were fun.

Expecting Quin to be a psychic and predict that a player is going to have a random bad moment...that's not reasonable.

Using basic common sense strategy against a one man team....that's a reasonable adjustment that we simply aren't capable of making.

Wait, what are you trying to say?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The GOAT isn't supposed to take plays off if his team is losing. He's done that plenty of times. A lot of his stats also come from stat padding. Greatest athletes of all time? Yes, but greatest player? Jordan never pulled some of the stunts Lebron has pulled.

Lebron also never pulled some of the stunts jordan pulled. Lebron didnt take a year off to go try to play baseball for example.

People have to come to terms and stop making excuses for Rudy Gobert's horrible offensive skills. Other 7ft players can dribble shoot rebound and block shots. Rudy just doesn't have the tools on offensive to justify his contract. We are paying him for defense and defense alone. I think Ainge and Smith realize we over paid him for his abilities. I hope he gets traded because we have to build around Don and not Rudy.
Or maybe having a guard line that doesn't/can't see over long defenders is an issue?

Whiteside had 3 attempts last night too. Our centers had 6 FG attempts the entire game and Davis was out for most of the game. Just to compare, Clarkson had 14, over twice as many as our entire CENTER position. Davis had more FG attempts than our entire center position despite only playing 17 mins before blowing up his ankle.

He's a phenom, don't get me wrong, but the constant complaining, primadonna mentality, "LeGM" ing of franchises, being a coach killer, hate on Utah, stat padding just doesn't make me a fan.

Jordan complained all the time and was a total primadonna. You should watch this documentary called the last dance. Then you shouldr ead about how jordan wouldnt let certain things into the documentary becaus it would make him look bad. Everyone thought jordan was a douchebag dickhead. He also had a gambling problem.

What is it you hate about stat padding? Do you think that there are certain time when lebron should intentionally not try to get any assists, rebounds, or points? Like he should hide from the ball and stop trying to be good at basketball? Weird take.

Why did you post that other 7 footers can rebound and block shots?
Rudy is #1 in the nba in rebounding and #2 in blocks. He does those things.

Now list all the 7 footers who do a lot of dribbling and outside shooting.

If we had Joker, Jazz fans would be complaining nonstop about his defense and how he's too soft to win the big one.

We have a top 3 center and arguably the best center position in the league with Rudy, Whiteside, and Doka and you'd swear we were rollin with Ostertag and Foster.

Bogey, Royce, and Conley sucked last night. They sucked getting their shots and they sucked at getting our centers involved. No one other than Clarkson and Spida showed juice last night but heaven forbid anyone talk about that.

Serious question, is Conley wearing down? His shot has been rough the last few games.

Well for one Gobert sucks at dribbling, his post moves suck he is a one dimensional center that fills his stats when we shoot horribly and only has good stats because of it. His defense is superior but he is getting pulled out to the perimeter more and more and getting exploited.

Joel and jokic they are way better than Gobert. How were Rudy's league leading stats last night?