What's new

Game Thread Feb 23, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 02-23-23

Seems odd if the whole point is that they want to see the team lose.

Then again, I'm not a tanker, so their mentality is odd and mysterious to me. Perhaps tankers want to see wins, and maybe the term is just a branding issue at this point.
Many tankers just wanted/want to see the young guys plays hella minutes. That is literally it. If we lose then great, if we win then great.

Many tankers just wanted/want to see the young guys plays hella minutes. That is literally it.

Welp, your definition of tanking is never the one I've used for decades. To me it was putting out uncompetitive garbage players on the court in order to rack up losses and to thus gain a higher pick in the upcoming draft. Not to just go with a youth movement and see where the chips might fall.

Personally I think my definition is what people think about when they think about tanking, but who knows.

Welp, your definition of tanking is never the one I've used for decades. To me it was putting out uncompetitive garbage players on the court in order to rack up losses and to thus gain a higher pick in the upcoming draft. Not to just go with a youth movement and see where the chips might fall.

Personally I think my definition is what people think about when they think about tanking, but who knows.
I guess there is a golden line for tanking somewhere in between. If you look at Rockets, that is the route you want to steer away from. Cavs did it correctly. Until they traded for DM.

Nah, I think the thunder for example have acquired lots of talent while tanking. They have just been playing their young guys and thats why they are struggling. They aren't ready to compete yet but will be soon imo.
I have yet to see a team roll out a roster of non nba players which would be the best way to lose the most. No one does that though.