What's new

Game Thread Feb 23, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 02-23-23

Tbf, even the most hardcore tankers cannot be mad seeing Lauri and Walker play like they did. In fact, if those 2 continue to get better like this they will soon forget the draft is even a thing.
We win a game shooting 27% at 3 and with 21 TO. Not sure this is the win of the year. The less bad team win tonight. But as i say earlier, we are very gifted to have Lauri, Kessler ( and Colin for me) to build around.

We win a game shooting 27% at 3 and with 21 TO. Not sure this is the win of the year. The less bad team win tonight. But as i say earlier, we are very gifted to have Lauri, Kessler ( and Colin for me) to build around.
And my point wasnt about the win at all. I'm much more in favor of us losing than getting to playoffs right now, despite not being a tanker. Ive said that out loud many times.

But for me #1 thing is seeing those guys develop even further and do exactly the type of things they did tonight... regardless of the result or the draft position we get. If Lauri and Walker play like this the rest of the way, its much bigger of a win than picking 4 spots higher in the draft. In a perfect world, both things could happen simultaneously though.

What is it with so many posters on this board trying to read between the lines all the time?

What does one say to his teammate whose nose he broke? Awkward.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
Decades ago I was playing goalie in a soccer match at school. A friend of mine went for a header to clear the ball out, I went fists first to punt the ball away (we were on the same team). The opponent scored as I hit his head instead of the ball (so the opposing forward had an easy job to head the ball in), my friends nose broke, blood was all over, an ambulance was called, the match had to be abandoned. I still feel ****** about that, after all these years.

Decades ago I was playing goalie in a soccer match at school. A friend of mine went for a header to clear the ball out, I went fists first to punt the ball away (we were on the same team). The opponent scored as I hit his head instead of the ball (so the opposing forward had an easy job to head the ball in), my friends nose broke, blood was all over, an ambulance was called, the match had to be abandoned. I still feel ****** about that, after all these years.
Did you stay friends? It wasn't like you did it on purpose. But yeah, hard one to let go.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Lauri has been nothing short of incredible in the 4th quarter. Wow.
Lauri gets better with more demands placed on him. He will follow coaches orders but it has hurt him in the past as he just likes to blend in. This year he was forced to be the number one option and he has done well. This is why I would advocate to get a team full of Robins to surround Lauri and treat him like Batman. I think he will get even better.

From The Athletic

It's the Jazz so the game's gonna be close either way. And sounds like it's gonna be "Let Lauri cook".
Told ya so.

Anyone still clinging onto the smoking ruins of the tank: Come and hop on the Lauri bandwagon. It's a much better mode of transport, green & electric, we've even got balloons and a boombox. You'll enjoy much more and when the Jazz are 4-1/5-0 out of the All Star break, we might even offer a complimentary beverage.

This team isn't very fun to watch now. There is no offense, just iso and screen hand offs. Decent effort on defense, but overall, just ugly to watch now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Agree to disagree

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

One thing i dont think anyone has mentioned is that i really like Ochai quick thinking and decision making. He gets the ball and does something quickly. No ****ing around. Makes quick passes. Seems like he has a high IQ. Im getting more excited about his potential each game

Oh ya and Lauri. Cant say enough about him. At this rate he should be a legit nba mvp contender in the next 3 years. Lauri > donovan.
So exciting