What's new

Game Thread Feb 29, 2024 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Magic

Added to Calendar: 02-29-24

Perfect loss… 10/10 no notes.
Yep. This was a beautiful loss with Key and Hendricks playing well and us playing a competitive game. The only thing that would have been better is if Brice had a good game as well but those games will come.

Good loss for the tank, kinda. Not that I ever root for losing, and everyone doing it are antithesis of sportsmanship.
But wat the heck? The only thing Lauri got going tonight was shooting three ball well, and regardless of several open positions in his first 4-5 minutes on court on the 4th, the ball Never found his hands. He got it Only, when Jazz were two baskets behind, 1,5 minutes on the clocked. Missed it though, but why the **** didn't they take advantage of his hot hand earlier on 4th? I really pray he leaves the offer on the table unless Jazz acquires truer point guards.

Good loss for the tank, kinda. Not that I ever root for losing, and everyone doing it are antithesis of sportsmanship.
But wat the heck? The only thing Lauri got going tonight was shooting three ball well, and regardless of several open positions in his first 4-5 minutes on court on the 4th, the ball Never found his hands. He got it Only, when Jazz were two baskets behind, 1,5 minutes on the clocked. Missed it though, but why the **** didn't they take advantage of his hot hand earlier on 4th? I really pray he leaves the offer on the table unless Jazz acquires truer point guards.
You Lauri fans are annoying. I'm sure you really enjoyed watching Lauri play prior to us giving him his big opportunity.

This team is *** though it's not their fault. The good news is Hendricks plays better in the NBA than he did in the G-League.

This season is lost and so I'm hoping we start signing a 10-day contract to see if we can find another diamond in the rough.

The rest of this year doesn't really matter, but if we still have Clarkson next year, I hope he stops taking threes unless he's wide open. Even then, it's an iffy proposition.

You Lauri fans are annoying. I'm sure you really enjoyed watching Lauri play prior to us giving him his big opportunity.
Oh no, my feelings! In all seriousness, whatever basketball I ever watch, it has never been the stupid tanking ball. The only reason I keep watching these post trade deadline is truly bc of Lauri, just because it's the first time in my NBA life of thirty years that we have an actually good player.

And yes, I still am having small tantrums, bc I lost half of the guys I liked the most in this team, few weeks ago. Not just about the actual play,but loved their personalities. At least there's still Walker, Dunn, Lauri and JC. JC mostly bc I love whoever lives with so much emotion and being cool as well

Hendricks looks better than what we wanted Ochai to be.
He's bigger, longer, and far younger with a far more pronounced learning curve thus far. I also dont see Ochai getting stronger as he is pretty chisled right now. Hendricks still has room to bulk up. I like Ochai with the Raptors, because I'm not sure the Jazz will play enough in transition to fully utilize the best that he has to offer.

The fits and rotations were so much better in this game. Its not Walkers fault per se, but having just 1 traditional drop big sort of causes confusion both for us and probably also for our opponents as it changes the dynamics on the court when he checks in or out. I think its especially hard for the rookies. They didnt look nearly as displaced in this game.

Clarkson is a prime tank commander right now and I'm beginning to wonder how much value he has left next offseason. He shouldnt be washed at that age but looks like his confidence and joy are just shot.

The fits and rotations were so much better in this game. Its not Walkers fault per se, but having just 1 traditional drop big sort of causes confusion both for us and probably also for our opponents as it changes the dynamics on the court when he checks in or out. I think its especially hard for the rookies. They didnt look nearly as displaced in this game.

Clarkson is a prime tank commander right now and I'm beginning to wonder how much value he has left next offseason. He shouldnt be washed at that age but looks like his confidence and joy are just shot.
I mean Walker is just a terrible offensive player. It has nothing to do with confusion from the drop big play style