What's new

Game Thread Feb 29, 2024 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Magic

Added to Calendar: 02-29-24

I mean Walker is just a terrible offensive player. It has nothing to do with confusion from the drop big play style
I fail to see what your input is here.

We all know Walker is bad offensively. And we know it has nothing to do with confusion from switching between playstyles.

Good discussion, man.

I fail to see what your input is here.

We all know Walker is bad offensively. And we know it has nothing to do with confusion from switching between playstyles.

Good discussion, man.
You just said it was due to the confusion....

You just said it was due to the confusion....
Walker being bad offensively isnt about confusion. But everyone else has to change how they play based on whether he is in or not... especially since the other option is 5-out with no rim protector.

Its hard to optimize both at the same time, and rotate between them. It was apparent in this Magic game, as even if we were still bad everything looked smoother and our play stayed more consistent throughout the game.

Walker being bad offensively isnt about confusion. But everyone else has to change how they play based on whether he is in or not... especially since the other option is 5-out with no rim protector.

Its hard to optimize both at the same time, and rotate between them. It was apparent in this Magic game, as even if we were still bad everything looked smoother and our play stayed more consistent throughout the game.
Yeah, I get it you said there was confusion about playing with a dropg big. I'm telling you there isn't. Walker is just bad offensively and hard to play with

Yeah, I get it you said there was confusion about playing with a dropg big. I'm telling you there isn't. Walker is just bad offensively and hard to play with
No you dont. I said there is confusion when you have to switch back and forth between 5-out and drop big. That has absolutely nothing to do with how good Walker is or isnt offensively.

Besides "you telling me" anything is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Clarkson is a prime tank commander right now and I'm beginning to wonder how much value he has left next offseason. He shouldnt be washed at that age but looks like his confidence and joy are just shot.

He had a good run and we love him and his enthusiasm and what his volatility inflicted on opposing team 2nd units during his peak. I likened him to a hand grenade - Quinn could pull the pin and lob him onto the court to create chaos. It was a beautiful thing.

Now we'll likely have to spend a 2nd to move him, Favors style. Get it done.

No you dont. I said there is confusion when you have to switch back and forth between 5-out and drop big. That has absolutely nothing to do with how good Walker is or isnt offensively.

Besides "you telling me" anything is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.
Yeah you're just wrong. And yes, the quality of the players offense affects how easy they are to play with.

I get English isn't your first language kind of thing so this stuff is kind of hard for you on top of not knowing ball

I guess the Jazz are hanging on to Otto Porter Jr as he had to be on the waiver wire Friday to be eligible for the playoffs and I see no such action by the Jazz.

Yeah you're just wrong. And yes, the quality of the players offense affects how easy they are to play with.

I get English isn't your first language kind of thing so this stuff is kind of hard for you on top of not knowing ball
Hahaha. Such a lame and butthurt response. And not even defending the point at all, except with "you're wrong".

Good job, debate master!

I guess the Jazz are hanging on to Otto Porter Jr as he had to be on the waiver wire Friday to be eligible for the playoffs and I see no such action by the Jazz.
I assume it's a negotiation. If "Ottopilot" (great nickname from Shaq) takes a paycut, they'll let him choose, otherwise why bother? I'm not surprised it stretches to the last minute.

Hahaha. Such a lame and butthurt response. And not even defending the point at all, except with "you're wrong".

Good job, debate master!
Doesnt really need defending. You're out your mind if you think NBA players are confused about how to play with a drop big vs 5 out.

Some players are more comfortable in either system, but no one is confused. Drop is only hard for our team because of how bad Walker is offensively.

So yeah, when you remove our worst offensive player, it makes the game easier for everyone on offense.

Doesnt really need defending. You're out your mind if you think NBA players are confused about how to play with a drop big vs 5 out.

Some players are more comfortable in either system, but no one is confused. Drop is only hard for our team because of how bad Walker is offensively.

So yeah, when you remove our worst offensive player, it makes the game easier for everyone on offense.
Lmao.

Guys coming out of college dont know how to play either in the NBA, and even vets struggle if they've always played one or the other.

If everyone knows how to play both, then explain why did both Minnesotas defensive and offensive rating drop from 2021-22 to 22-23 after trading for Rudy?

Im not gonna start teaching you basic Xs and Os, but the bigger difference is not on offense, but on defense where perimeter defenders play with their backs towards the center.

Lmao.

Guys coming out of college dont know how to play either in the NBA, and even vets struggle if they've always played one or the other.

If everyone knows how to play both, then explain why did both Minnesotas defensive and offensive rating drop from 2021-22 to 22-23 after trading for Rudy?

Im not gonna start teaching you basic Xs and Os, but the bigger difference is not on offense, but on defense where perimeter defenders play with their backs towards the center.
So you're saying whatever drop occurred was solely due to the fact that players were confused between switching between drop and some other kind of defense or offense?

And league wide trends offense rose significtanly between 21/22 and 22/23.

If the Wolves got "worse" on D, it would have to be weighed against the league wide uptick in offense.

So you're saying whatever drop occurred was solely due to the fact that players were confused between switching between drop and some other kind of defense or offense?
No. That part was to counter your claim that every NBA players knows how to play both ways.

Albeit switching between Rudy and Naz Reid probably did make the process of adapting a bit harder.

And league wide trends offense rose significtanly between 21/22 and 22/23.

If the Wolves got "worse" on D, it would have to be weighed against the league wide uptick in offense.
Well their DRtg went from 111.0 to 113.1 to 107.7 this year. And this year the offenses have been even better, so its fair to say they seriously underachieved on defense last year.

No. That part was to counter your claim that every NBA players knows how to play both ways.

Albeit switching between Rudy and Naz Reid probably did make the process of adapting a bit harder.
They do know how to play both.

Are some players better suited to one or the other? Of course. But it has nothing to do with confusion.