What's new

Final Pre-Season Game Thread "The Niang HH Bromance Continues"

Observations from tonight’s game... non-obvious stuff

Grayson looks like he belongs in an nba court and seems more prepared and assertive than anyone on the Kings roster. I am already wrong about him and offer my sincerest apologies for doubting our FO. Also, back in the day I used to say Gordon and joe were the best father son duo in the league... it is clear that Gordon was a temporary foster kid until Joe could have his own progeny. Joe is clearly found of him and has taken him under his wing.

AB was as good as I’ve ever seen tonight... just smoove

Ekpe is likely everyone’s favorite teammate. Literally everyone comes out they seats when he does anything.

Dante looks ready and still gets the worst whistle in the league.

Donovan is the best... hangs out with the end of the bench guys... first one out to great his guys after every timeout... helped Cavanaugh get off the floor like 12 times. He stopped and signed the pic my son took with him at summer league... even commented and said “hey that’s cool”.

Niang started slow... was kind of nervous with his #1 Stan in the building then reached up and touched the heavens for that dunk. I’m not 100% sure but when I watched that dunk it felt like my sins were cleansed. Also I believe it turned half of the kings fans to dust Thanos style.

Hell of a post.
Im really sick of dante getting ****ed by the refs. Never ends. They screw him more than anyone in the nba.

his #1 Stan in the building

Haha. Made me laugh

I have to keep my expectations to a healthy level or I might turn to dust.

I found myself doing the same. They looked so good I had to keep telling myself this is the Kings, and no one is really this good unless you are playing the kings.

I was super disappointed in Fox’s game, just a dissatisfied performance, maybe a product of it being pre-season and getting blown out all game long. He’s one of my favorite young players. Love his speed and skill set, and is a jump shot away from being a very nice player.

Watching the game, I feel WCS could be a very good and unique player if he could get away from the kings. I tried to imagine what he could do with Q as his coach. Loved Bagley’s game. Very smooth midrange game and smooth stroke from three, just needs to develop his range a little, and where was Bogdanovic, is he injured?

I don't think that's how it works

Grayson plays some 1. Thabo played more time at the 3 last year than he did at the 4.

Don't you think Grayson and Burks would eat at their minutes if they were outplaying them? Or have things changed with how minutes are rewarded?

Grayson plays some 1. Thabo played more time at the 3 last year than he did at the 4.

Don't you think Grayson and Burks would eat at their minutes if they were outplaying them? Or have things changed with how minutes are rewarded?
I dont think Thabo played a single minute of 3 last year.

I guess it's not too late to hop on the Niang bandwagon? After that dunk against the Kings I am starting to think maybe he DOES have enough athleticism to play in the league. He might be a diamond in the rough.

At any rate my evaluation of him went up quite a bit after seeing that dunk.

I guess it's not too late to hop on the Niang bandwagon? After that dunk against the Kings I am starting to think maybe he DOES have enough athleticism to play in the league. He might be a diamond in the rough.

At any rate my evaluation of him went up quite a bit after seeing that dunk.

Everyone knock his defense... I'm here to tell you he isn't bad on that end. He is always in the right spot... he can't always affect the play like you'd hope.

On offense he's the PF version of Ingles. I started this irrational love affair thinking some day he'd be a rotation guy... I think he could become a valuable starter and brings some really unique things to the table.

He looks slightly heavier than he did in Vegas this summer... noticed it on TV but wanted to double check in person. Clearly he still got da *** up to dunk on errybody doe.

just for you...

That was me in the black at the :01 second mark... the lady down and to my left was like "shut up" but she said it under her breath and looked away. I have no idea why any kings fans stayed that long.

Watching the game last night left me wondering how the GSW will stop us particularly stopping Gobert’s pick’n roll?

It depends on how strictly they enforce the freedom of movement stuff. One big issue is guys would body or grab him on the roll and they'd never call it. If Green and Durant aren't allowed to bump him they may have to keep a traditional big in the game. If DMC is healthy they have a great option though.

Houston did this well with Tucker and their other guys... but if they actually call it like they say the will that lower undercut bump stuff becomes a foul. I'm guessing it will go back to tackle football by time the playoffs roll around even if they make it through the regular season.

One thing from last night that struck me a bit... Quin really wants to push pace... was constantly urging guys to push and visibly frustrated at times when they weren't pushing pace.

i think we shoot a ton of threes this year and pushing the pace to get guys open early is part of the reason. I think we will push harder because we have wing depth and can ask more of guys when they are on the court.

Was also struck between the difference in preparation and execution of the two teams. Guys like Grayson Allen and Niang looked more decisive and like they knew exactly what they wanted to do than the Kings vets (everyone laughed but they have a couple). Top to bottom that team seems to have no damn idea what they are doing. I wouldn't mind it if we got a couple of their young guys and put them in our program... not sure they can be judged fairly over there.

One thing from last night that struck me a bit... Quin really wants to push pace... was constantly urging guys to push and visibly frustrated at times when they weren't pushing pace.

i think we shoot a ton of threes this year and pushing the pace to get guys open early is part of the reason. I think we will push harder because we have wing depth and can ask more of guys when they are on the court.

Was also struck between the difference in preparation and execution of the two teams. Guys like Grayson Allen and Niang looked more decisive and like they knew exactly what they wanted to do than the Kings vets (everyone laughed but they have a couple). Top to bottom that team seems to have no damn idea what they are doing. I wouldn't mind it if we got a couple of their young guys and put them in our program... not sure they can be judged fairly over there.
iirc last night on the broadcast they said the jazz were 29th or 30th or something in the league in shots taken per game. I sure hope to god they increase the pace. Been wanting that for years.

Probably happiest for AB and Dante; both have played very well this preseason. Hoping they can stay injury free and get rotation minutes. Have to admit I doubted AB's ability to play within the offense, but he's done just that. Dante looks fast. I think he's going to be great against many other subs.

I think Allen is going to get 10-15 mins/game. Not that all the starters will be resting at the same time a la Sloan, but when the main scorers are out, it's clear Grayson isn't afraid to take - and make - shots. He's also great at cutting to the hoop. He and Dante have played well together.

That Favors' three was sweet. If that's a 30%+ weapon, watch out! But someone please tell Ricky where he hid his shot. It's missing again. Mitchell...has he improved his range? If so, the league is in trouble.